TUF 24 Ep. 8 PBP Discussion

Kai was having a lot of success going to the body early in the 2nd round. Not sure why he stopped.

Neither of them looked very good.

Pantoja is a BJJ guy. He's not going to look his best when he's forced to strike with a striker. Even still, he managed to win the fight on the feet. He's clearly capable of winning the show. Pretty odd to say otherwise tbh.

Shit what happened? Forgot this was on and was watching a movie instead

Neither of them looked very good.
I thought they looked good but no one is going to look at their best on TUF. These guys just want to go home and back to their families at this point. Even DJ would suffer if you ripped him away from Hume and had him training/living with a bunch of strangers for six weeks.

Last edited:
Fight could easily be 20-20. Think it's safe to say neither of these guys are winning the season.
Think it's safe to say Pantoja destroys the winner of Ogikubo/Antolin, and so the odds that Pantoja wins the show right now is basically 50%.

I thought they looked good but no one is going to look at their best on TUF. These guys just want to go home and back to their families at this point. Even DJ would suffer if you ripped him away from his Xbox and had him training/living with a bunch of strangers for six weeks.
Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.

Good fight for Pantoja. Beat a striker and didn't have to use his grappling. Best to save his best for last imo.

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.
djps4.jpg

If the first round wasn't a draw then it should went to Kai. His TDD was very good the entire fight. Pantoja defenitly brought it to him in the second and stole the fight.. it really came down to whoever won rd 2.

Im not sure whether to be really impressed with kai's takedown defense or really disappointed he couldnt make pantoja pay for it

Joe B says stupid shit and dresses like a :eek::eek::eek: - that's what I gathered from this episode.

Good fight. I liked that Kai threw a lot of shots to the body to stop the shot; Pontoja just had more going for him. I think Kai was too afraid to open up with his kicking game because of the threat of the TD.

Think it's safe to say Pantoja destroys the winner of Ogikubo/Antolin, and so the odds that Pantoja wins the show right now is basically 50%.

Agreed, I think Kai's striking is at Antolin's level (who I think is gonna smash Mini Saku)
I don't know about his TDD, but it can't be far better than Kai's

Joe B says stupid shit and dresses like a :eek::eek::eek: - that's what I gathered from this episode.

Are you questioning the intelligence and fashion sensibilities of a man with nipple rings?

Wtf guys! Did u guys not watch the fight? Or did u just listen to what Dana said?
Sure it might not a wild fight, but they were quite active, and some heavy shots were thrown too...
U people made it sound like it was a snoozefest, it wasn't an exciting fight but it's still a good technical fight
I had 1-1 though, with Kai getting the second round. Kai should really pushed more, open up more like his corner told him to after rd1, he's too afraid of the ground game

Back