TUF 24 Ep. 1 PBP Discussion

Great fights to kick off the season and the next fight should be good as well, tons of potentials top guys in this season.

Good season. Good fighters, i still want to see T Mitchell in the UFC though

Sakuraba vs Zulu sounds like a fight PRIDE would have loved to make

Didn't pay a ton of attention this episode, but the fights were great. Feel bad for Terrence, though.

Also, did I hear right that Tim Elliott is on the show?

Awesome first episode, I'm not a big TUF hater (in reference to the more recent seasons where a lot of people have expressed their displeasure) but that was clearly a much better ep to kick off what looks like an awesome season.

The sooner more people recognize that flyweights are entertaining fighters the better.

Very entertaining episode. I'm a die hard who watches every season of TUF, even the international,ones, but I hope this gets well received by the wider UFC fan base that may have skipped other recent TUF seasons.

That was a great fucking episode fight wise... Keep hating on the division, casuals! :p
Season gon' be good as expected! Real excited for Pantoja vs Kai. Hard not to think about how these guys would do vs DJ as I watch them fight. Going off the performances, obviously it looks like Kai does better. Pantoja left his chin sooooo open when he would engage. Still think he's rightfully #1 though.

They should make this whole season about Hiro trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.
giphy.gif

I like it!

Terrence Mitchell sounds like Mc Chris

I just dont get why someone like Horiguchi or Smolka doesnt get the next shot.
I reeeeeally want to see Smolka vs Demousetrious. I think Smolka could make it super entertaining & interesting. Guy is scrappy as hell.

Cejudo is a scumbag for not coaching. Fuck that guy.

He should still be coaching in my opinion.
Not like Pantoja would understand him anyways...

{<hhh]

I'm guessing Kai starches this dude quick.
<mma4>

Such a diverse season
Too much reading for me...

Guessing this next fight is going to be a quick finish, according to the time schedule at least.
Always a give away.

If Cejudo makes Benavidez quit I'll run into traffic and tape it.
giphy.gif

Can't remember his name but I like the guy who won the 1st fight. I'm hoping for him to win it all to be honest and I'm pretty sure I read he's like 16-2. Decent challenger for DJ and I hope he beats him too.

Rooting for the Shooto guy in the next fight. He seemed pretty cool and African fighters typically don't have enough of a ground game to be legit.

Good episode. Pantoja had his struggles at times but his quality came through, he's probably the second best guy on the show IMO (Elliott is the best based on competition, for me). Kara-France's KO was brutal but man, Mitchell looked like an Alaska FC champion. That's the only downside with picking champions from small promotions, not all belts are created equally. There WILL be some scrubs on here, just not Wayne Weems or Strange Brew type scrubs - guys who are totally over-matched but just happen to fight in a promotion with weak competition. Alaskan promotions are notorious for being poor really, so I was expecting Mitchell to be a dud.

Likewise, next week - Ogikubo will win easily I reckon. We've yet to see a South African fighter who's UFC material and I don't expect much from Zulu at all. But its a good start to the season, entertaining!

Missed the show live, but watched it online. Great first episode, as Dana said I am also fucking pumped for this season! Really looking forward to seeing Ogikubo-Zulu, so glad we don't have to wait long to see that match-up.

Takeaways from first 2 fights. Pantoja obviously very good on the ground, but I noticed several times he would just rush forward with punches leaving his chin up in the air completely exposed. Looked like he got hurt during round 1 by Moreno. Definitely needs to work on his striking and his defense especially since he will be fighting Kai next. Moreno looks like a very promising prospect, at only 22 years old he gave the #1 guy a hell of a fight. I hope he learns from this loss and comes back stronger. Don't know if these guys are all going to be fighting in the UFC or if only the winner of the show will get a UFC contract, but hopefully we see more of this kid.

Kai-Mitchell fight went about as I expected, just a little quicker than I thought. Kai has good stand-up, as expected from someone fighting out of Tiger's camp in Thailand, and big power for a 125lber. Mitchell is freakishly tall for a flyweight, but I don't think training in Alaska is going to help you much if you want to make it to the big leagues.

Aces episode, easily one of the best episodes of TUF in the last half decade fight-wise.

This is the first episode I've watched in years, after how good this episode was I've got the DVR recording and will watch the entire season. While the fighters looked like prelim caliber guy's it was a refreshing break from the usual TUF talent who look like they should be fighting in barns for trailer dwellers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back