***TUF 23 Light Heavyweight Winner, Andrew "El Dirte" Sanchez, SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also must know the origin of your nickname... :p
I remember you being interviewed by KB & KenFlo back around the time you won TUF & your grandma was brought up when talking about your nickname & you responded "Oh poor grandma" with a chuckle. I gotta know the story :D

What you think about Weidman's decline?
I think hes still one of the best middleweights. But The competition is just getting stiffer and stiffer. He needs to evolve with the rest of us or he will continue to fall off.

How do you prepare mentally for a fight?

How do you overcome adversity?

Who is the toughest opponent you've fought?
one question at a time please. Mentally I shell up. I like to be by myself or only with people very close to me. I get rid of all outside distractions and try to shut off my mind and think of nothing.

In regards to your season of TUF...there was little to no animosity amongst the men from what I remember...even the women as well. How many of your TUF cast mates do you still talk with?
I've never been a big "keeping up with old friends" kinda guy. Most of us from the show have went our separate paths, but all are still friendly. The only person recently Ive spoken with is Eric Spicely.

Hey Andrew!
I know this might be a tough one but what was the experience of fighting your good friend in the house Eric Spicely?
Weird. A lot of mixed emotions. Very happy to have made it to the finals but also sad for my friend. Leading up to the fight I had to try and physically and mentally separate myself from him and I even tried developing animosity towards him in my mind. But after the fight that went away.

Hey Andrew, how quickly do you see yourself progressing in the UFC rankings? Do you see yourself fighting a top 15 guy by the end of the year?
I don't know about top 15, but possibly. Granted I win this fight, I believe I can expect a bigger named guy. If I go on to win that fight than yes. All highly possible but MMA is a crazy sport

Speaking of MMA being crazy... What are your thoughts on the Bisping vs GSP possibility?

I also must know the origin of your nickname... :p
I remember you being interviewed by KB & KenFlo back around the time you won TUF & your grandma was brought up when talking about your nickname & you responded "Oh poor grandma" with a chuckle. I gotta know the story :D
The name originiated back in college. Its a play on dirty sanchez. At first it started as just a joke but then it stuck. Oh well cant change it now. grandmas gonna have to deal with it

Speaking of MMA being crazy... What are your thoughts on the Bisping vs GSP possibility?
I'd like to see him stay retired. I don't see him being the same force in the octagon after such a big layoff and in all the while the sport has evolved greatly. Although there could me much worse matchups for him the bisbing....

Thanks for answering our questions and all the best with your m.m.a. career Andrew...

That's it for Andrew, guys! Thanks for joining us & you're always welcome back! Make sure you watch him take on Anthony Smith this SATURDAY at the stacked UFC on Fox 24 card in Kansas City!
220px-UFC_FOX_KC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back