TUF 23 episode #1 pbp

The light heavyweights for the most part looked pretty good. The women looked sloppy and inexperienced. Seriously the first fight was a 0-1 vs 1-1. There was literally no one better? I thought you needed a winning record to be on tuf.

WSW is a very young division regardless of who you fight for, not many of the girls have many fights.

Cummins is one of the most experienced and shes only 3-3 (and on a 3 fight losing streak to Calderwood, Kagan, and Grasso).

Jamie Moyle arguably the favorite and only 3-1.. worth noting though she (as do a lot of the girls) has an extensive Ammy background.

A lot of the girls have a lot of amatuer fights that dont appear on their records. Moyle for instance, 7 ammy fights.

I wish Hoanna would remove that "beauty" big a+s mole, she has a cute face but that thing is like a tooth gap, you cannot look away, hypnotises you.

Very impressed so far much more technical fighters already this year than last should be a good season

Surprisingly good first episode.

Some girls from Invicta are in the house and I give them the biggest chance. Also some of those LHW don't look bad at all....which is actually shocking since good LHW prospect is so hard to find. Some of them seems to have bad cardio which will only be worse if they have to cut a lot of weight few times in short period. We will see.

Actually looking forward to this season, seems like fights will be ok and there are some interesting characters in the house as well.

Also fucking LOL at Dana blowing his wad over some finishes: "Bro, best win in the TUF history you fucking goof!!!"....yeah, no it wasn't. But Dana gonna Dana.

I enjoyed the episode. Interested to see how Rountree does.
I liked that asian grappler chick as well.

Joanna and Claudia didn't really talk during the fights. They mostly just sat there quietly. It was Dana doing all of the talking pretty much

Joanna and Claudia didn't really talk during the fights. They mostly just sat there quietly. It was Dana doing all of the talking pretty much

the sexual tension is so thick it can be cut with a knife

and i was cut like a knife but baby it felt so right

Watching 1st episode for the first time

Production wise:
IMO The light ring effect just does NOT work on the women - its distracting - especially on girls like Jamie Moyle who have like no eye color
im glad they're doing thick braids on the chicks not cornrows...the cornrows just look so goofy
I have never understood the whole, bring everyone who fought out just to say "great job now get out"

Fights:
a bit dissappointing that all of these 205'ers are going to end up as 185ers as per usual
The Myron "Blackie Chan" Dennis/Jamelle Jones fight was comical - Jones blew his wad so early
I feel like the UFC brought Norman Paraisy back to fight to make up for painting him as a coward...only to end up painting him as a quitter again hahaha

Standouts:
Lanchana Green easily most impressive win from womens bracket - Cummins had way more experience but got DOMINATED in that second round
Tatiana Suarez looks like the biggest girl there - striking defense needs work though
Khalil Rountree super charismatic guy, really impressive win
Ashley Yoder is scrappy - gastank needs work but she showed promise - jardine was funny in this - Yoders cute - nice to see Sam Alvey there, wired jaw and all hahah
Cory Hendricks - kind of got a Forrest Griffin vibe from him - lot of heart and aggression
Josh Stansbury is like big Jake Gyllenhaal - super happy to see him make it into the house - sucks he had to wait so long for a shot. His wife is the most chatty fighter wife ever...its endearing to see how supportive she is. hilarious hearing her scream - "KILL HIM" and "BREAK IT!" in the background. fucking hilarious

Teams Picks:
Overall I think Claudia's team is wayyyy better

First fight:
If Joanna knew they were teammates from home...then damn thats cold as fuck
Khalil in the face off looked seriously rattled

on to episode 2

First fight:
If Joanna knew they were teammates from home...then damn thats cold as fuck
Khalil in the face off looked seriously rattled

Khalil wasn't capable of being cold in the situation, however, and promised Cory that he wouldn't stomp his foot.

Back