TUF 23 episode #1 pbp

One question, guys, did Ashley Yoder have on her hotel night-table, a little plush Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, or a plush Yoda?

One of the fights I'm most looking forward to.

I think they'll have that "One judge fuck-up gets back in per weight class" exception-- Hawes and Esquibel get another chance, I believe.
I truly hope so. Also thought the Jameel Jones stoppage wasn't very good. He looked good early on and he's a big dude with a decent record. But he didn't protest the stoppage at all so idk. I think I'm biased towards the explosive and athletic

Quite a victory over an Invicta FC fighter!

Green is my take away from the entire first episode. That was a mighty impressive comeback, the girl has heart for days and also really good killer instinct. Instantly became a fan of Green, and was disappointed that JJ didn't snatch up as a first pick.

Was also happy that Moyle got the sub/W .. wish we could have seen JJ Aldrich's full fight. The men were not that impressive although I am liking Khalil and Suarez to go far in the comp.

Last edited:
I hope Hawes makes a comeback as an injury fill in or something similar. Sanchez is one of the top guys on the show and I think a rematch could go differently.

The one thing I was shocked about was Khalil not being the first pick for the 205'ers. I guess they were looking at his performance when the fight hit the ground, which is understandable, but I can't imagine many guys on the show being able to get past his striking.

The light heavyweights for the most part looked pretty good. The women looked sloppy and inexperienced. Seriously the first fight was a 0-1 vs 1-1. There was literally no one better? I thought you needed a winning record to be on tuf.

Green is my take away from the entire first episode. That was a mighty impressive comeback, the girl has heart for days and also really good killer instinct. Instantly became a fan of Green, and was disappointed that JJ didn't snatch up as a first pick.

Was also happy that Moyle got the sub/W .. wish we could have seen JJ Aldrich's full fight. The men were not that impressive although I am liking Khalil and Suarez to go far in the comp.
just watched it, my standouts were moyle,although she got taken down quite easily, she did her thing on the ground.
aldrich looked solid, as did kate jackson, and esquibel got robbed.
hope suarez doesnt wrestlefuck everyone, props for beating cancer though, you can bet it gets mentioned everytime shes on screen.

The light heavyweights for the most part looked pretty good. The women looked sloppy and inexperienced. Seriously the first fight was a 0-1 vs 1-1. There was literally no one better? I thought you needed a winning record to be on tuf.

At least the women got more finishes than the men did.

Back