TUF 20: Episode 11 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

No kidding.

One of the biggest strawweights in the world against one of the tiniest. It's going to look like Jojo is beating up her kid sister. I hope she wins the fight by pinning Ham on her back, grabbing wrist control, and then making Ham hit herself with her own hand.

Jojo via 'stop hitting yourself'.

Quoted for being hilarious; so that people who don't go through the entire thread can get a chuckle.

The first fight showed the problem with MMA scoring. By the rules Carla won. You really get nothing for defending takedowns. Tecia defended multiple takedowns and got taken down a couple of times. Most of those except for one she worked back to standing very quickly. But she lost the rounds. That was really all that happened in the fight. Tecia was timid with her striking because she was worried about the TD. I think if Tecia learned how to incorporate some takedowns of her own it would serve her well. With her speed and low center of gravity she should be able to learn how to take a good shot.

The second fight was really fun to watch. There were times though where JoJo should have just stood up out of Rose's guard. Why play with fire especially when you try it once you have to be able to realize that your opponent may be better than you on the ground. Stand back up and at least fight where you are most comfortable.

The first fight showed the problem with MMA scoring. By the rules Carla won. You really get nothing for defending takedowns. Tecia defended multiple takedowns and got taken down a couple of times. Most of those except for one she worked back to standing very quickly. But she lost the rounds. That was really all that happened in the fight. Tecia was timid with her striking because she was worried about the TD. I think if Tecia learned how to incorporate some takedowns of her own it would serve her well. With her speed and low center of gravity she should be able to learn how to take a good shot.

The problem wasn't with MMA scoring. The problem was with Tecia. Rose Namajunas attitude was to attack, attack and attack some more from every position. Tecia's was to defend, defend, defend and try to get up and get away from Carla. She literally contributed no offense to the fight. I was stunned when she seemed proud of herself after the fight, as if she did really well and made some sort of statement.

Jessica Penne may well lose to Carla, but we will see her attacking from all positions.

The second fight was really fun to watch. There were times though where JoJo should have just stood up out of Rose's guard. Why play with fire especially when you try it once you have to be able to realize that your opponent may be better than you on the ground. Stand back up and at least fight where you are most comfortable.

this sums it up perfectly,just hope randa makes it to the final now:rolleyes:

The problem wasn't with MMA scoring. The problem was with Tecia. Rose Namajunas attitude was to attack, attack and attack some more from every position. Tecia's was to defend, defend, defend and try to get up and get away from Carla. She literally contributed no offense to the fight. I was stunned when she seemed proud of herself after the fight, as if she did really well and made some sort of statement.

Jessica Penne may well lose to Carla, but we will see her attacking from all positions.

I do agree that Tecia needed to do something offensively if she wanted to win. She just doesn't have that bottom ground game set of skills yet. I think she was proud of the fact that she was able to stuff so many of Carla's attempts. She was pretty green in the wrestling department and she still is. She was probably happy that she was able to execute some new learned TDD skills against a quality wrestler.

Damn so butthurt about Jojo's lost. She did lose that first round because Rose was more active on the ground and fishing for subs. On the feet it was about even in first round but in second Jojo came out strong, Rose lost that footwork and Jojo started with her signature clinch work and elbows. Then for some reason she went to ground with Rose. Why? I don't know, might be poor fighting IQ but I think she has good fighting IQ so maybe she was calculating judges will score that more. But why go to the ground with Rose who is such a monster on the ground? Slick sub by Rose, huge props for it but I'm still butthurt because in my mind if Jojo kept it standing she would've won that round and probably next round too.

Nevermind, still Jojo nutthugger :cool:. She will get some easy match up on that TUF card and blow some girl away (hopefully Magana) and then she is one fight away from a title shot. Especially if somehow Rose wins the whole thing. I bet a lot of people would like to see this fight again. Its was a nice scrap

As for Esparza...oh my what a disappointment. She looked so bad on the feet that I actually favor Rose now if they both get to final. I actually think Jojo can beat her in stand up too. Just try to shot on Jojo like that and you will eat a knee on the way in. Esparza literally had zero striking game. And shooting for those TDs from mile away without ANY set up? Is that no.1 in the world? As GSP would say "I"m not impressed by your performance". And it was not some epic battle, it was a very boring fight. Props to Torres and if she just defended those TDs a bit more I would give her a round. I'm thinking Penne might win over Esparza if she can keep it standing. From preview it seems Esparza landed at least two TDs but those are just previews, could be misleading.

Also DAMN Randa is one bad mofo. I don't know how will she do against Rose because they are both scrappy but from Randa's attitude I get more of that Ronda vibe, she might be next Ronda Bald guy was talking about.

Both great fights next week. I will be rooting for Penne and Davey Havok sister :p

To be fair Cain Velazquez did the same thing against JDS while JDS had still gas.

Shoot from everywhere all the time and face plant lol

Lets face it, she would probably KO him too.

don't see why & it looked good in teh preview (for what that's worth)

If you shoot wildly like that, you will gas fast even if you're the Crossfit Games champ or whatever.

Lol, harsh, but not necessarily untrue

I cant figure out why everyone thinks Jojo is going to roll over Seo Hee Ham in the finals.
She is no joke. I'm a big Jojo fan but Seo Hee Ham is vicious has excellent striking and ground game.

Finally watched this morning (got a mancrush on Southpark and Joel McHale so they get taped Wednesday nights, TUF early Thursday mornin):

1) Carla doesn't think anyone deserves a second chance, pretty disgusting.. I'm pretty sure in life Carla has had a few second chances. Don't hate.

2) That fight.. jesus. I haven't seen so much desperation combined with lay n pray since Koshheck in TUF Season 1. Being a majority decision it was incredibly close to going to a 3rd.. and if it had Tecia would have knocked Carla the fuck out because Carla was toast after 2.

3) Jojo vs Rose - Great fight.. Jojo is a tough cookie but Rose was too much.

4) Shame Rose has aligned herself with the crappettes, they are going to hold her down.

5) Mangina vs Tecia.. hoping Tecia obliterates her.

TBF, it wasn't just the takedowns. It was also Tecia allowing Carla to take her back.

But when Carla had her back she didn't do shit with it and Tecia was able to get out.

Rose just gained a new fan. I hope she goes on to win the whole thing.

that's what jojo gets for telling mericans they can't boo!

fJHk5Pw.jpg

I think that AA win has made me happier than any other one in the past few months.

I was stunned when she seemed proud of herself after the fight, as if she did really well and made some sort of statement.

I was surprised by that too, especially since her lack of promotion of the episode on social media led me to believe she wasn't proud of her performance.

After the episode of her fight with Randa (but before it was announced she'd be re-entering the tournament), Tecia said that the back injury she got, doing pullups in the tryouts for Team Pettis at the beginning of TUF, made it difficult for her to get a good night's sleep throughout her entire time in the TUF house. If her injury truly was a big added difficulty, maybe THAT was why she was happy with her performance?

I was surprised by that too, especially since her lack of promotion of the episode on social media led me to believe she wasn't proud of her performance.

After the episode of her fight with Randa (but before it was announced she'd be re-entering the tournament), Tecia said that the back injury she got, doing pullups in the tryouts for Team Pettis at the beginning of TUF, made it difficult for her to get a good night's sleep throughout her entire time in the TUF house. If her injury truly was a big added difficulty, maybe THAT was why she was happy with her performance?

I just think she viewed it as, that was the top fighter in the house according to the ones who did the seeding and that was the invicta champ who called her out, and she couldn't really do much of anything to Tecia. Sure Tecia only defended but given the caliber of wrestler that Carla is, Tecia being able to avoid getting grounded and mounted and pounded like Randa did to her was probably considered (and rightly so) progress and encouraging in her view.

In my opinion, Tecia could exit that fight thinking- given some work and her own camp and team, she could beat Carla Esparza potentially.

Back