TUF 20: Episode 11 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Tecia's built like a scary fighter, but her fighting doesn't seem so good. She basically was on defense the whole time. Carla didn't look good either.

That Tuf Talk show, with some of it's questions, is one of the most retarded things I ever saw on tv.

The TV producers were probably furious Carla couldn't come up with any answers. They should give them the Q's in advance to think up something to answer with.

I like how the DVR schedule captured the part of the FOX Sports LIVE that included the TUF + UFC segments.

Tecia's built like a scary fighter, but her fighting doesn't seem so good. She basically was on defense the whole time. Carla didn't look good either.

It's hard to look good with an opponent who is perpetually on the defensive "take no chances" mode.

Damn so butthurt about Jojo's lost. She did lose that first round because Rose was more active on the ground and fishing for subs. On the feet it was about even in first round but in second Jojo came out strong, Rose lost that footwork and Jojo started with her signature clinch work and elbows. Then for some reason she went to ground with Rose. Why? I don't know, might be poor fighting IQ but I think she has good fighting IQ so maybe she was calculating judges will score that more. But why go to the ground with Rose who is such a monster on the ground? Slick sub by Rose, huge props for it but I'm still butthurt because in my mind if Jojo kept it standing she would've won that round and probably next round too.

Nevermind, still Jojo nutthugger :cool:. She will get some easy match up on that TUF card and blow some girl away (hopefully Magana) and then she is one fight away from a title shot. Especially if somehow Rose wins the whole thing. I bet a lot of people would like to see this fight again. Its was a nice scrap

As for Esparza...oh my what a disappointment. She looked so bad on the feet that I actually favor Rose now if they both get to final. I actually think Jojo can beat her in stand up too. Just try to shot on Jojo like that and you will eat a knee on the way in. Esparza literally had zero striking game. And shooting for those TDs from mile away without ANY set up? Is that no.1 in the world? As GSP would say "I"m not impressed by your performance". And it was not some epic battle, it was a very boring fight. Props to Torres and if she just defended those TDs a bit more I would give her a round. I'm thinking Penne might win over Esparza if she can keep it standing. From preview it seems Esparza landed at least two TDs but those are just previews, could be misleading.

Also DAMN Randa is one bad mofo. I don't know how will she do against Rose because they are both scrappy but from Randa's attitude I get more of that Ronda vibe, she might be next Ronda Bald guy was talking about.

Both great fights next week. I will be rooting for Penne and Davey Havok sister :p

Man I dont know why Carla vs Tecia didnt havea third round, she didnt win the second at all to me and she was scared to throw a punch the whole fight, it was fun to watch anyway definetly needed a third round and I think Tecia would have pulled it off maybe.
I don't think Tecia accomplished anything at all in that fight, she barely threw a punch as well. There's no way that was supposed to go to a third round.

Oh wow just started reading rest of thread.

Seo Hee Ham is fighting Jojo? Fucking lol, as I said above....Jojo will get some easy match up so she can blow some girl away on TV. Sweet, Jojo via whatever she feels like it

Oh wow just started reading rest of thread.

Seo Hee Ham is fighting Jojo? Fucking lol, as I said above....Jojo will get some easy match up so she can blow some girl away on TV. Sweet, Jojo via whatever she feels like it

I'm not convinced Seo Hee Ham is an easy fight for anybody.

When I read it, the first thing I thought about was that I had read a couple of articles that said an UFC event in Scotland in March 2015 was a strong possibility.

They probably wouldn't mind having JoJo coming off an impressive win.

:icon_lol: She reminds me of how mcGOAT described Chad Mendes, a small little body builder.. Minus Chad's fighting skills of course.

I don't think Tecia accomplished anything at all in that fight, she barely threw a punch as well. There's no way that was supposed to go to a third round.

Carla did even less besides constantly smelling Tecia's foot.

Carla did even less besides constantly smelling Tecia's foot.

I think you are butthurt. Even most Esparza's haters agree she won.
Torres was really hesitant and didn't attack much. I agree that Esparza looked pretty bad on all those take down attempts, but Torres didn't do much to capitalize on them.

The first fight was pathetic. Carla looked lost when she wasn't get the takedown immediately.

Rose is a beast. She reminds me a bit of Pettis in that every position is an attacking position. There's no defensive mode. It's really fun to watch.

I know, right??? if it's a sanctioned fight, why not?

If it is a fight that goes on the record, it is a commision rule that the results must be published immediately. Thus TUF couldn't air shows at a later time that people didn't already know the results of.

1st fight was so boring i hit FFWD a couple of times... But that 2nd fight could be fight of the season wow. They both brought it.

Quite the contrast between the two fights. I was quite impressed with both Esparza and Torres. Torres likes to pick girls apart on the feet, but Carla's footwork and head movement meant that wasn't going to happen. She showed great determination in getting those takedowns. Tecia did well to avoid most of the attempts and that side of her game is clearly evolving. Not the most viewer-friendly of fights, but I thought it was okay.

Rose and JoJo really brought it, like we knew they would. I think footwork played a big part in Rose's success in the first round, and JoJo's lack of success. I feel like JoJo walks forward a bit too much. Big respect to her for not being afraid of Rose's guard, though (unlike Daly with Penne last week); even though she ended up getting subbed, she showed she is evolving her ground game. She looked great in the clinch in the second; I think some other fighters would have been in huge trouble taking that barrage but credit to Rose for surviving and coming back. Rose was always going to be the favourite when it went to the ground and that ended up being the difference.

I can't believe Karyn Bryant was allowed to ask those stupid 'I can beat x because....' questions of fighters on a PRE-RECORDED reality show with the SEMI-FINALS being shown next week and then the LIVE FINAL. I was trying not to read anything from the answers and particularly the body language. Unbelievably stupid of whoever decided those questions should be asked.

Last edited:
Every time Tecia fights someone with a wrestling background, she abandons her kicks. She's more fluid when she can mix it up better. Carla knew she didn't have to worry about kicks, so she was able to go for the takedows with reckless abandon. Tecia needs to incorporate knees into her arsenal. She lands one or two of those, her opponent will be more hesitant with takedowns. Most of these ladies had at least a year off since their last fights in Invicta before coming on TUF. It looks to me like Rose improved the most in that time. As of now, she has to be the favorite to win the belt. She has better stand up than anybody that's left, plus she's got some sick subs on the ground. I think that Penne has a better than average chance against Carla. Her only weakness is her size disadvantage in that fight

Lol, Tecia still not shaded out in the UFC's fantasy game, they just dont want their golden girl gone

10849804_10204447735008844_1875214217545963781_n.jpg

Just watched the fights. Carla put me to sleep, boooooooooooooooring fighter. Those desperate takedowns were all useless. Thought Tecia won clearly. Rose vs Jojo was probably the best women's fight i've seen in the TUF. Good stuff.

I wanted to give Tecia the win on principle. Strictly speaking, she lost the fight. The problem is that it was not a fight. It was Tecia pulling her leg out of Carla's grasp over and over again. Carla's takedown desperation was pathetic. Tecia was too worried about the takedown to mount a good offense. I wish Tecia had risked more by throwing more kicks and trying some knees on Carla coming in. Carla would have gotten a couple more takedowns, but Tecia would have inflicted a lot more damage. The way that Carla was gassing I think that damage would have really paid off by the second half of the second round. Tecia could have started teeing off then.

Back