TUF 17 Episode 12 discussion thread

Maybe related, maybe not. But this season got me hyped to attend a show. I saw Fedor/Bigfoot in north Jersey for like 60 bucks.

The cheapest ticket on stubhub right now Jones/Sonnen is $120

Ufc_logo.jpg

DanaWhite-and-LorenzoFertitta.jpg

Uriah Hall can do it all! Uriah Hall will take it all! LOL

Nice, Sonnen got two of his guys to the Finale for the TUF Contract.

You're implying I hold myself in elitist regard. Maybe, possible you do. You believed my response had an 'angry' connotation. You're being quite apprehensive and assuming a great deal. Keep calling names. It definitely makes you look angry. Maybe you should 'calm the fuck down, dweeb'?

:rolleyes:

Your first sentence is 'I hate shit like this.'

Pretty strong words for someone who isn't at least slightly angry.

How about a normal response, or actually engaging in a discussion? It shouldn't be a surprise that I responded in a similar manner to yours when spoken to like that. Some of you longtime posters are so quick to belittle others for their opinions.

But I don't come on here to start internet fights. Adios.

Kelvin's the Michael Chiesa of this season. There's something about the way he imposes his game upon his opponents that causes them to freeze up and make elementary mistakes. It's amazing to me how Jimmy, a highly credentialed Pan American champion grappler and high level wrestler, couldn't hold Josh down let alone advance on him, yet Kelvin completely manhandled him. It just goes to show that MMA grappling is an entirely different beast, which Coach Jones has been proving throughout his UFC career; some people just intuitively get it. Either way, this kid's got one hell of a future regardless of this weekend's outcome.

Chris Weidman's statement about training with Hall to prepare with Silva is starting to look like a good idea

BTW how did Kelvin win? I was working and I'm too lazy to look through this thread or wait till the west coast premiere comes on TV

1st round RNC

Terrific season. I hated sonnen prior but he did an amazing job as a coach.

uriah hall has really shown some amazing striking. and tko from the bottom? only other guy i remeber doing that was mousasi

This. that was wild to watch. he was the aggressor the whole fight cutting off the angle just to watch him

I'm picking Kelvin for the upset in the final. Just because he's aggresive and he will take down Uriah.

That really was a great season. I can't remember the last time I was on the edge of my seat for most of the fights on TUF.

Last edited:
No.

I'm just sayin he didn't say kamehameha. He said hadouken.

Ahhhh, I didn't hear him say hadouken. I thought he was doing Goku's move.

Still cool though

Kelvin's the Michael Chiesa of this season. There's something about the way he imposes his game upon his opponents that causes them to freeze up and make elementary mistakes. It's amazing to me how Jimmy, a highly credentialed Pan American champion grappler and high level wrestler, couldn't hold Josh down let alone advance on him, yet Kelvin completely manhandled him. It just goes to show that MMA grappling is an entirely different beast, which Coach Jones has been proving throughout his UFC career; some people just intuitively get it. Either way, this kid's got one hell of a future regardless of this weekend's outcome.

Good comparison with Chiesa. The difference here is that there was nobody with Uriah's talent on that season on TUF. Not saying Kevin will lose but Uriah has the highest ceiling of anybody I've seen on TUF since season 2.

When Mazz jumped in to stop it, did he say "Oh shit, that's it!!!"?

I laughed at Dana's disappointment in their staredown. Dylan has a lot of heart for taking the beating he did though. His face looked as bad as bubba's and he stayed awake the whole time.

Back