Tuberculosis on the rise in NYC.....

Bloodworth

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...soar-seeing-largest-increase-in-26-years/amp/

Tuberculosis is bad for you and was in a decline up until the mid 90s .. .
Today the rates are dangerously growing...

Why the increase.?

I read a book years ago called immigrants and epidemics or something and it warned that if a country let's in people from places with high Tb rates , that host country will see a rise also...

Can It be that simple?

Yes - this is exactly what happened in OZ when the illegal boat people started arriving bringing their wonderful level levels of TB with them....

Different cultures, hard to judge.

Why don’t you ditch your white privileged and allow yourself to be contaminated with TB. I bet you’re cis-gendered too....disgusting.

Have to wonder how much is from people coming out of county/state incarceration too.

You compare regular civilian to inmate rates of TB and inmates get it far more often than civilians do.

they don't give inmate TB shots?

what in the literal f, we got them in the military all the time (well the vaccine, then the test to check)

I always wondered why we even got the shots, I thought the ol consumption went out w/ like Angela's Ashes and shit

touche, now I know haha

military vaccines are like the ultimate 3rd world boogeyman: TB! Anthrax! oh shit Smallpox! Malaria, Scabies, etc...!
My dad used to have to inject people getting back on merchant ships when they stopped in Indonesia.

Everyone got the same shit:
- TB
- Smallpox
- Malaria
- Penicilian for VD

As the article mentions, drug use can weaken the immune system making one more susceptible to TB infection. The high use of opiates likely is a contributing factor.

In the days before antibiotics, active TB was often treated successfully with sun bathing. A high fat/cholesterol diet can help apparently also with over coming TB for some reason. I remember reading a study that came to that conclusion. The study can be seen here ~

Does cholesterol play a beneficial role in immunity?

http://www.drbriffa.com/2013/04/25/does-cholesterol-play-a-beneficial-role-in-immunity/

I read a book years ago called immigrants and epidemics or something and it warned that if a country let's in people from places with high Tb rates , that host country will see a rise also...

Different cultures, hard to judge.

Why don’t you ditch your white privileged and allow yourself to be contaminated with TB. I bet you’re cis-gendered too....disgusting.

BCG vaccination rate in kids between 1 and 2 years old is 96.7% in Mexico.

You know how to tell if someone is a real Mexican? they will have a scar in the upper right arm from the BCG vaccine which is still given to Mexican kids.

You know how to tell if someone is a real Mexican? they will have a scar in the upper right arm from the BCG vaccine which is still given to Mexican kids.

Yes I have seen that often...... think its more then just mexico

that's how you can tell "stolen valor' too, as all servicemembers that deploy have to get Smallpox vaccines, which leaves a rather noticeable scar on the upper arm/bicep

granted you have to get one for OCONUS duty stations also (like Okinawa, or Germany), but still can't deploy w/o one

Chinese have that scar too.

BCG is commonly given to most newborns in countries w/ higher TB rates/factors

that's how you can tell "stolen valor' too, as all servicemembers that deploy have to get Smallpox vaccines, which leaves a rather noticeable scar on the upper arm/bicep

Is the scar bigger when you get it as an adult?

Yes I have seen that often...... think its more then just mexico

You need your vaccination card to get your kids to school in Mexico, thats why virtually everyone has it.

The thing is that once you get your BCG vaccine you are going to give a fake positive to the skin TB test.

Is the scar bigger when you get it as an adult?

You need your vaccination card to get your kids to school in Mexico, thats why virtually everyone has it.

The thing is that once you get your BCG vaccine you are going to give a fake positive to the skin TB test.
i'm not sure, only b/c I've never seen a childhood one (think they stopped that here before I was born)

but that would totally make sense, it's like a large skin colored/pinkish pockmark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back