Trying to switch orthodox to southpaw

Zeroexploit1

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys, due to a injury in my left shoulder that has essentially left me unable to throw anything bu slapping left hooks, I've been trying to practice my southpaw on the heavy bag but also switch back to orthodox to throw some rear right hands, I will post a video the coordination for the left is still not there, all critiques are welcome and encouraged, besides cardio I already saw quite a few things that I am doing wrong but that's the point of videoing.

Hi guys, due to a injury in my left shoulder that has essentially left me unable to throw anything bu slapping left hooks, I've been trying to practice my southpaw on the heavy bag but also switch back to orthodox to throw some rear right hands, I will post a video the coordination for the left is still not there, all critiques are welcome and encouraged, besides cardio I already saw quite a few things that I am doing wrong but that's the point of videoing.

It takes time, not just movement and attacks, but getting used to being hit in that stance. Last thing you want is to be a one handed fighter with nothing but a jab.

Is this boxing only or KB/MT?

It takes time, not just movement and attacks, but getting used to being hit in that stance. Last thing you want is to be a one handed fighter with nothing but a jab.

Is this boxing only or KB/MT?
Its just boxing, yes I completely agree, it all continues to be a challenge. I used to utilize the check left hook alot while pivoting to avoid an incoming oppenent, it doesn't seem to work as well with the right hook,legs get tangled etc. I usually end up still pivoting to the left after slipping the cross and kind of jumping back with it to buy some space, but it kind of exposes me right before i make the turn to a body shot if I'm not quick enough with it

Its just boxing, yes I completely agree, it all continues to be a challenge. I used to utilize the check left hook alot while pivoting to avoid an incoming oppenent, it doesn't seem to work as well with the right hook,legs get tangled etc. I usually end up still pivoting to the left after slipping the cross and kind of jumping back with it to buy some space, but it kind of exposes me right before i make the turn to a body shot if I'm not quick enough with it
The comfort level to step of at a an angle and countering with a left straight or uppercut just isn,t there yet but its a work in progress

Last edited:

This is the inside pivot I was referencing

I know it might be tough, but next time try to get your feet in the frame.

Back