Trying to like Mike Perry....

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
He's an exciting young prospect and he puts everything he has into his fights. I give him all of the credit in the world, except for him and his family posting the whole "Platinum Mike Perry" crap on this site...

BUT... when the kid does his interviews/promos, he sounds like the Milli-Vanilli version of Vanilla Ice!

Yes... that statement does expose my age but come on, brother, work on the shtick!

I just watch his fights and not any post fight interviews lol it helps

He's an exciting fighter but just tries to hard to be the bad guy.

Hope Ponzi KO's him.

BUT... when the kid does his interviews/promos, he sounds like the Milli-Vanilli version of Vanilla Ice!
AFVC0Z1MS3Gl4WU61IG5_Handshake%20Sike.gif

Same boat as you, except I'm not old and gross.

Mike is exciting but his fans and his manner make it easy to root against him.

I enjoy his fights. Try to ignore everything else.

I enjoy his fights. Try to ignore everything else.

This is the secret to being a happy MMA fan.

Avoid this: "I would like fighter x but his fans are unbearable."
and this: "I like fighter x but someone I've never met made him out to be better than he is so now I hate him."

He's an exciting young prospect and he puts everything he has into his fights. I give him all of the credit in the world, except for him and his family posting the whole "Platinum Mike Perry" crap on this site...

Yes... that statement does expose my age but come on, brother, work on the shtick!

Can you do some research first? The dude is from a vastly black city and so he became like the culture he grew up in like most of us. No act.

Can you do some research first? The dude is from a vastly black city and so he became like the culture he grew up in like most of us. No act.
I'm not sure quite how to take that.... is that a racist comment or a statement of complete apathy?

Edit: You may have stumbled on to a cultural issue that requires much more attention than is being given, currently. A subject for an entirely different thread.

I think he is great. Its not a schtick, its who he really is. I think he is a hillarious comedic genious who maybe is too far ahead for some people to understand. But its not an act. Its really him.

honestly what is it about this perry guy that people like? iv only seen one fight, i guess i should watch more.... that one fight was against some male model dude lol and well..... yaa the male model won. he even knocked perry on his ass... dont get me wrong mr model, i cant fkn remember his damn name right now off the top of my head... but he is a good fighter, but not exactly a top level guy. Perry HAS to be able to beat guys like that if he is to deserve all the fucking talk he gets. its insane how crazy fans are my god. maybe perry will continue to grow and become one of the best out there, but right now he isnt deserving of the dick sucking he receives by so many people around here. Let the guy get a few more wins against TOP contenders. i really really wish he had fought Thiago Alves.. any new fan isnt going to know shit about Alves, but anyone watching Alves during his best years knows how dangerous this guy is and how much he should NOT be taken lightly and spoken about as if hes a walk in the park for anyone.

honestly what is it about this perry guy that people like? iv only seen one fight, i guess i should watch more.... that one fight was against some male model dude lol and well..... yaa the male model won. he even knocked perry on his ass... dont get me wrong mr model, i cant fkn remember his damn name right now off the top of my head... but he is a good fighter, but not exactly a top level guy. Perry HAS to be able to beat guys like that if he is to deserve all the fucking talk he gets. its insane how crazy fans are my god. maybe perry will continue to grow and become one of the best out there, but right now he isnt deserving of the dick sucking he receives by so many people around here. Let the guy get a few more wins against TOP contenders. i really really wish he had fought Thiago Alves.. any new fan isnt going to know shit about Alves, but anyone watching Alves during his best years knows how dangerous this guy is and how much he should NOT be taken lightly and spoken about as if hes a walk in the park for anyone.
I agree with you in that he hasnt beaten many top guys yet and he lost about a year ago to Jouban. However, he is young, 4-1 in the UFC with all 4 wins being finishes, and his last 2 fights were Performance of the Night bonuses. He is strong on the mic and in social media and interviews. I think people like him because of these things and because he has a personality and he can be funny and an entertaining fighter.

i think people don't like him because he is a wigger.

I'm not sure quite how to take that.... is that a racist comment or a statement of complete apathy?

Edit: You may have stumbled on to a cultural issue that requires much more attention than is being given, currently. A subject for an entirely different thread.

How is it either? The neighborhood, culture(s), and socioeconomic status of how and where a person grows up and lives in are huge influences on the experiences and actions of that person. Stop being so quick to be an uptight PC fuckwad.

Other than the performances that he's put on inside the cage what's really endured me to Perry is the sheer amount of times shertards like you have called him a wigger.

That explains nothing man Eminem, gets plenty LoVe & MoNeY doing 4real wigger role....

Back