Trying to find a decent C&C pistol?

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good single stack C&C pistol around 600 can go to 750 if nescessary. I've narrowed it down to Glocks, Springfield XD, or a used 1911 what are your thoughts on these pistols? Any other decent guns that fit the criteria?

I'm looking for a good single stack C&C pistol around 600 can go to 750 if nescessary. I've narrowed it down to Glocks, Springfield XD, or a used 1911 what are your thoughts on these pistols? Any other decent guns that fit the criteria?

Glock 36 is pretty cool, I carried one for years.

Here' s the thing, and by that I mean my opinion. A pistol is only as good of a tool to save your life as you are at getting it out and wielding it proper.

The only shots that count are the ones that hit.

With that in mind, a short barreled, small gripped, and damn near anything over 380 caliber handgun is more difficult to make quick, effective hits beyond about 8 yards than a likewise pistol of the same caliber with a full sized grip.

Pistols by nature are easier to hide than sawed off shotguns etc....

The stouter the round, the more practice you need to be effective with it. A 45acp with a 4 inch barrel takes more practice than does a 5 inch barreled 45ACP to be effective.

Effective is a relative term here. To some it means managing not to shot themselves in the foot all the way to a concealed draw and 2 hits on target at 7 yards in around 1 second.

Just remember if you ever really need it to save your life, your life is going to hinge on your ability to make hits with it - however the situation presents itself at that time.

Do you want something easy to make hits with, that takes less practice or something that hides easier that takes much more practice to do the same thing with?

To add to what @Chesten_Hesten said... depending on your hand size even a sub compact or those ultra compacts if you want to use the term for a single stack Glock and others you only end up being able to use your thumb and middle finger for a proper grip with your index finger in the trigger.

For me, that's uncomfortable as fuck to shoot and worthless. Start with the G23 or G19 size and then compare to the G26 to see which is better.

IF however you are dead set on a single stack... look into a 9mm 1911 that isn't the full size Gov't model.

M&P Shield 9
8+1 mag

Comes in 9mm, .40 and now .45. Get the 9mm imo.

Glock 43
Needs extended baseplate and sights suck imo

Sig P938
has 1911 controls
7+1

Dad and I both have the p938 for carry. I dig it.

Why single stack?

Get a Glock 19

Hard to argue with that, I have a few 19s and they are pretty much perfect. I was in a shop thebother day looking at pretty much everything out there and nothing seemed good enough to switch from a 19.

Hard to argue with that, I have a few 19s and they are pretty much perfect. I was in a shop thebother day looking at pretty much everything out there and nothing seemed good enough to switch from a 19.

You don't like metal frames?

XD subcompact or XDS are good choices. I carried an XDS in 9mm until I recently switched to a S&W MP 9c.

If you want Glock the 26 or 19 are good.

Carry inside the waistband in a quality holster with a quality belt and you won't have much of an issue.

I've carried up to a Sig P220 on me and i not a big guy and i never had issues concealing it.

I'm not a fan of the grip safeties, which is the number one reason I stopped carrying my XDs. I've never had a FTF, but there's been a couple of times when I"ve been dry firing it while watching TV and it didn't click. I could not replicate the scenario if I tried, but it did happen... twice.

M&P Shield 9
8+1 mag

Comes in 9mm, .40 and now .45. Get the 9mm imo.

Glock 43
Needs extended baseplate and sights suck imo

Sig P938
has 1911 controls
7+1

I carry a shield .40 and my gf carries the shield 9mm

Great guns

Glock 20.

Those are sweet. I've had a 20 and a 29 for 6-7 years now. Relaxed rhe barrels in both and shoot 230g hard casts out of them. That's a woods gun for sure. The 20 is a bit big for cc unless you have a fanny pack or something like that imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back