Try to find meaning in life my fellow sherbros

back you bastards!
skeleton-zombie.gif

I will live forever!

You have to do something useful for humanity so you will be remembered. Just dying won't cut it.

I've enriched the lives of many sherbros over the years with my wit, my pathos, my intelligence and my
concern for their well-being.

Peace

You have to do something useful for humanity so you will be remembered. Just dying won't cut it.
I think you're kind of missing the point of doing something useful. Remembrance is not it. Even if you do something significant (write a good book, create a movie, a play, write popular music, make a lot of money and do good with it) you will be forgotten. It is just a matter of years. In enough time, even people like Hitler and Stalin may be forgotten. If human civilization were to last for 100,000 more years, will we still remember Brad Pitt? Will we remember Bill Gates? I'd wager not. And if they are still in our collective memory in 100k years, how about 1 million? 10 million? The point of doing something worthwhile is for the fruits of the act itself, not some pay off in remembrance.

If you want to go help the poor in Africa, the point is to alleviate suffering.
If you write a good book or movie, the point is to move people emotionally.
etc etc

I think you're kind of missing the point of doing something useful. Remembrance is not it. Even if you do something significant (write a good book, create a movie, a play, write popular music, make a lot of money and do good with it) you will be forgotten. It is just a matter of years. In enough time, even people like Hitler and Stalin may be forgotten. The point of doing something worthwhile is for the fruits of the act itself, not some pay off in remembrance.

If you want to go help the poor in Africa, the point is to alleviate suffering.
If you write a good book or movie, the point is to move people emotionally.
etc etc

Yup. Agreed.

Those who commit evil acts seem to be remembered the longest. Most people are forgotten after 3 generations.

Life boils down to this:

Ikigai-EN-optimized-PNG.png

Ikigai is a Japanese word for meaning. Once you have fulfilled each of these parts, and found the center, you will be happy and purposeful.

Lastly, I leave you with this. Find inner peace.

Good luck my fellow sherbros. START TODAY.

That's actually well thought out. Thanks for posting.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. With my recent ended relationship and crossing 30 i really don't know what I'll do if I can't pull things together in the marriage/family area. That's the phase of life people normally raise kids and do stuff with them.

I'm not sure what I'd do with the 2nd half of my life? My worst fear is to be that guy that's like an "uncle" at my friends cookouts. My grandfather had a friend like that who he'd invite to family functions because he didn't have a family of his own.

Those who commit evil acts seem to be remembered the longest. Most people are forgotten after 3 generations.
The evil acts committed by Stalin and Hitler brought about a new era of international peace, cooperation and trade. The likes of which hasn't been seen since pre history

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. With my recent ended relationship and crossing 30 i really don't know what I'll do if I can't pull things together in the marriage/family area. That's the phase of life people normally raise kids and do stuff with them.

I'm not sure what I'd do with the 2nd half of my life? My worst fear is to be that guy that's like an "uncle" at my friends cookouts. My grandfather had a friend like that who he'd invite to family functions because he didn't have a family of his own.
Idk what your financial or physical state is but idk why you're stressing man. You're in the prime of your life assuming you've taken care of yourself. You have another 5-10 years to pull in prime tail and start a family, depending on how physically and financially well off you are.

by reading the 20 books of Conan thats how

Ah, I thought you were going to quote Dawkins about the universe being totally random or something.
But I see, it's Conan that gives one such absolute assurance about such mysteries.

Ah, I thought you were going to quote Dawkins about the universe being totally random or something.
But I see, it's Conan that gives one such absolute assurance about such mysteries.
yes it does

Some physicists believe the universe mathematically points to purpose. The odds against it are worse than Bones Jones against a random 3rd grader.

Life boils down to this:

Ikigai-EN-optimized-PNG.png

Ikigai is a Japanese word for meaning. Once you have fulfilled each of these parts, and found the center, you will be happy and purposeful.

Lastly, I leave you with this. Find inner peace.

Good luck my fellow sherbros. START TODAY.

Since you are an Atheist, you may have to find some religion for meaning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back