TRX training

cneely717

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who has experience? Pros/cons?

I bought one recently, just because. Only had it for a day so far...Im 2 weeks post knee surgery, so I kind of just messed around with it. On top of that, I need an MRI on my elbow due to chronic pain over the last year that flares up whenever I work out

With that said though, I like some of the exercises i tried out...i like how u feel it in your core a lot...a lot of the exercises have the "pull up" feel to them as well after you do them (feel it all throughout your forearms/shoulders). Seems like a good supplement to training, and I loved that I could hook it up outside against any anchor point to get a workout in

Biggest problem with it: U see these "TRX experts" and they look like skinny twigs. Brandon Vera is a striking example, as he is one of the biggest advocates in MMA for it, but all the trainers for it i've come across are probably strong as hell...but u certainly cant see it

Thoughts?

T-rex training.

I assume you fight dinosaurs.

The suspension trainer and the Rip are good tools. Just like any tool, whether you gain anything from it depends on how you use it and what your goals are.

Ivan drago Cleaned and jerked. Rocky lifted wagons. Brandon Vera Danced on the TRX.

I guess I don't see what all the fuss is about. You don't need that contraption to do any of those exercises.

A TRX (or similar contraption) can be handy if you lack the ability/opportunity to pursue other forms of strength training. I know quite a few soldiers/sailors/airmen who have made wonderful use of them overseas.

However, for most people who are "stateside" and non-military, there are probably more effective methodologies of training.

A TRX (or similar contraption) can be handy if you lack the ability/opportunity to pursue other forms of strength training. I know quite a few soldiers/sailors/airmen who have made wonderful use of them overseas.

However, for most people who are "stateside" and non-military, there are probably more effective methodologies of training.

well put

I use it for pullups and inverted rows. That's pretty much it.

do u use it a lot? Supplement it?

Im trying to think about how im going to incorporate it

garbage-can1.jpg

My gym has one and one of these days I'm going to make a video of myself swinging on it and yelling "SO FUNCTIONAL!!!".

But yeah GiJoe hit the nail on the head. You can use it to get strong but there are much better ways.

Want a core workout from hell? z-press

Have a few at the gym I work at. Useful for clients who cant do chins or press ups. Can use them for inverted rows and press ups. Sometimes use them in circuits for a few other exercises like flys. But overall never use it for my own training and don't think they're worth the price.

It is one tool you can use for upper body muscular endurance or core strength. As far as overall strength or power, IMO it isnt very useful unless you are sedentary or have a very low strength index. Good luck with your knee recovery!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back