Trump's Ultimatum to Republican Congress: "If no vote, Obamacare stays".

Did you pay any attention whatsoever to the Presidential campaign? Trump was adamant he had a replacement plan, that would be universal, more affordable than the ACA, with better options than the ACA, and more freedom than the ACA.

In case you didn't:

And he knows he can't or never intended to fulfill that promise. It's obvious the Anti-Romneycare campaign by the edit: Republicans was just to get elected this year and it worked, why beat a dead horse, let's move on to privatizing SS and Soylent green.

Last edited:
Do people even read what they comment on?

Right? It's like you didn't comprehend when I asked if you expected people to memorize the article. Short answer for you initially would have been for you to say you were sarcastically quoting the article. Fyi.

Trump has to take an L on this one.

Actually, the reality is that Trump doesn't have a goddamn thing to do with passing a Bill through Congress.

Welcome to Civics 101.

Notwithstanding, the border wall is a complete waste, the nation has not seen a non-domestic terrorist in 16 years, the "tax reforms" Trump is touting will benefit earners over $1,000,000 to the detriment of everyone else, and health care will remain the most pressing priority over and above all others.

I am, still, not a simple "hater".

Stopped taking you seriously at border wall statement.

Delusional liberal rhetoric. The real terrorists are drug dealers and gangs from Mexico. Deaths that result from that are real.

For as shitty as the Democrats are, the Republicans are a joke. lmao

I agree. Establishment republicans which constitute 99% of republicans Congress are same or more parasitic than Democrats. About equal, really.

I think he'll be dodging responsibility for failures pretty often

Do you think he's accountable for Republicans who have 12% approval rating of not having shit together? They are parasites that will only work in unison when it helps big business and their donors. Same as democrats.

Trump can sign or veto a bill, but he's not a whip.

Do you think he's accountable for Republicans who have 12% approval rating of not having shit together? They are parasites that will only work in unison when it helps big business and their donors. Same as democrats.

This, no, it is only on him to the meager extent that it would be on any POTUS who bragged it the fuck up.

Yeah, I do. Because I was one of the fortunate people to be born and raised in a country with universal health care. We still carry private insurance for eye care, dental, and pharmaceuticals. But if I require something major, I show a provincial health card at the gate and I'm covered for everything that happens inside a hospital. It's a freedom I'm not sure Americans are even capable of comprehending.
I frankly don't care about other people and I don't want their help; I shouldn't have to help them either. I want to pay for my own healthcare and that's it.

i don't depend on the government playa, i CHOOSE to work for the Government that's a pretty huge difference.

I also work for every single dollar i earn, nothing is handed to me.

not a single thing you typed is changing the fact that i have zero sympathy for any of those people. If you're a grown adult that works at McDonalds (example you used) then you have likely made many consistent poor life choices and dealing with those consequences.

I also never said we don't 'need' those people, your entire post was a long list of strawmans tho, Respect

What about people like me? Without a union, culinary workers are often underpaid and the idea of healthcare being provided is laughable.

No one's saying you dont work hard, but there are plenty of occupations where healthcare isn't in the picture.

What about people like me? Without a union, culinary workers are often underpaid and the idea of healthcare being provided is laughable.

No one's saying you dont work hard, but there are plenty of occupations where healthcare isn't in the picture.
I'm not arguing i have the solution for those people that own small businesses or certain fields where employers don't provide benefits. those people are also entirely separate from those are simply poor/unemployed and thus don't have health care

I do know that forcing me to pay for healthcare I don't need to fund others is not something I'm for. I would say the government should start forcing employers to provide it, but that hurts small businesses more than it would help corporate workers

I also see no way we can truly fund paying for the low income elderly people, with the life expectancy increasing and less companies offering retirements/pensions and union strength being vastly diminished. Every SINGLE OTHER COUNTRY that has these systems has greatly different tax systems than we do, and don't spend anything near on defense that we do (mainly b/c we do, so they don't....)

He was actively courting votes, making ultimatums, attempting to influence the GOP congress. He got too involved trying to close the deal, no room to blame anyone else after his effort to push it through.

If he couldn't get this done, what do you trust him to accomplish?

Back