Trump's Ultimatum to Republican Congress: "If no vote, Obamacare stays".

I work for the Military, and i have zero sympathy for poor people so I am certainly the wrong person to ask

at least i realize that though haha

There are plenty of "poor people" who work damn hard, who cannot afford healthcare.

All people are not created equal - they don't all come from the same background, don't all have the same intelligence, etc. That doesn't mean they aren't working hard, or trying, or have their place in society. The only reason you get a 99 cent cheeseburger at McDonald's is because some 'poor person' had to stoop in the 100 degree heat for 10 hours a day to pick that lettuce. You need those poor people.

In fact, a lot of people who cannot afford healthcare are self employed small business owners. They don't get employer offered healthcare, and are not offered group policy discounts.

You saying you have zero sympathy for "poor people' is pretty short-sighted and narrow minded, epecially considering you work for what is in effect a socialized institution while DEPENDING on the government for your livelihood.

Look out Speaker Ryan, you're about to be run over by the Trump Truck, and Donald is driving it -

Ryan is said to have tried to convince Trump that it should be pulled and shelved. Trump wants a vote to see who votes against it, but also to embarrass Ryan. Brietbart.com under Bannon liked to savage Paul Ryan at every chance they got.

Vote now scheduled for 3:30.

Thing is Ryan doesn't need Trump's permission to pull the bill. But I guess he'll take this public spanking rather than defying Trump and having Trump come at him full bore.

After this Ryan won't be elected dog catcher in Wisconsin.

There are plenty of "poor people" who work damn hard, who cannot afford healthcare.

All people are not created equal - they don't all come from the same background, don't all have the same intelligence, etc. That doesn't mean they aren't working hard, or trying, or have their place in society. The only reason you get a 99 cent cheeseburger at McDonald's is because some 'poor person' had to stoop in the 100 degree heat for 10 hours a day to pick that lettuce. You need those poor people.

In fact, a lot of people who cannot afford healthcare are self employed small business owners. They don't get employer offered healthcare, and are not offered group policy discounts.

You saying you have zero sympathy for "poor people' is pretty short-sighted and narrow minded, epecially considering you work for what is in effect a socialized institution while DEPENDING on the government for your livelihood.
i don't depend on the government playa, i CHOOSE to work for the Government that's a pretty huge difference.

I also work for every single dollar i earn, nothing is handed to me.

not a single thing you typed is changing the fact that i have zero sympathy for any of those people. If you're a grown adult that works at McDonalds (example you used) then you have likely made many consistent poor life choices and dealing with those consequences.

I also never said we don't 'need' those people, your entire post was a long list of strawmans tho, Respect

just keep Obamacare and let it fail on its own… Keep the blame on the Democrats

Wait until everyone only has 1 insurance company to choose from
He never should have tried taking it on, but it is a mess and it was something he trashed in his campaign and promised to repeal/replace.

I believe Trump had every intention of creating something better, but a large Government program such as health care is nothing like a large business venture. I wrestle with this every day, albeit on a far smaller scale. I run two businesses, one completely private and one that deals with my municipal government. They are two completely different dances, the fomer logical and the latter...wtf half the time lol

His actions here are his best moves to save face and make it clear that fundamental spending alterations need to occur to give Americans the health care they want, once Obama care fails.

Breaking: Health Care Bill pulled at Trump's request.

So happy this bill failed. And happier trump supported this 100% and still LOST lol.

7 years of crying and can't even get it through a republican controlled house. Sad indeed.

Or.................fix it.

WITH democrats.

Start with ADDING a public option.

End with ADDING incentives for being healthy...............................................................

...heaven fucking forbid.
when democrats had full control, crafted obamacare, they couldnt even put in public option, and you're telling me they can do it now? <{katwhu}>

republican president
republican house and congress
1-2.gif

i don't depend on the government playa, i CHOOSE to work for the Government that's a pretty huge difference.

I also work for every single dollar i earn, nothing is handed to me.

not a single thing you typed is changing the fact that i have zero sympathy for any of those people. If you're a grown adult that works at McDonalds (example you used) then you have likely made many consistent poor life choices and dealing with those consequences.

I also never said we don't 'need' those people, your entire post was a long list of strawmans tho, Respect

Some grown adults are working at McDonalds not because of poor choices, but because of limitations. Not all people have the options you or I do, intellectually or otherwise, and I personally cannot look down at someone who is still working their ass off, despite the fact that they might not have the attributes for upward mobility or be high earners.

Just hating on people because they are poor is much different than hating on people because of poor choices.

I guess we agree to disagree. Cheers brother.

Some grown adults are working at McDonalds not because of poor choices, but because of limitations. Not all people have the options you or I do, intellectually or otherwise, and I personally cannot look down at someone who is still working their ass off, despite the fact that they might not have the attributes for upward mobility or be high earners.

Just hating on people because they are poor is much different than hating on people because of poor choices.

I guess we agree to disagree. Cheers brother.

Thats the thing, in a capitalist society some people are just absolutely screwed right from the start. They aren't equipped to compete. Some thought should be put forth for these people.

Thats the thing, in a capitalist society some people are just absolutely screwed right from the start. They aren't equipped to compete. Some thought should be put forth for these people.

You're right.

I for one don't pretend to have the answer, but I know just setting them out on the curb is not one of them.

Somewhere along the line it has been made convenient to look down on the guy who has an IQ of 65, and is trying his best, despite the fact the best he can do is work at McDonalds. To me, his role in society is still important, lest the rest of us expect to pay $15 for a hamburger.

This is not to say that there aren't people out there who are lazy and take advantage of social benefits. But to generalize and look down at people just because they are poor is wrong, imo.

If people want to be up in arms about other people taking advantage of taxpayers, I have no idea why they don't start with the culprits who cost taxpayers an exponential amount more - corporate welfare.

But that is how insurance works.

No it isn't. Typically, people that are hypochondriac's are still paying for the service, they just take up space that should belong to people who are on the opposite end of the spectrum and never go to the Dr. lol

If that's what you mean.

Impotent guy can't fix it with his spectacular deal making skills and would let it fail under his watch, then fingerpoint blame everyone else. Lame-o.

Back