Trump's Ultimatum to Republican Congress: "If no vote, Obamacare stays".

This is, again, Trump playing himself, but his supporters will view it as genius.

"His" Bill, which he had no part in planning or writing, is a dud. It fucks over his voter base, and the primary base of House and Senate Republicans, who hate it. They want to get re-elected, so they sure as hell don't want to see their constituents lose health care coverage.

Trump is just deflecting blame for the Bill's assured failure onto Congress. What "more important things" does Trump have to do than ensure the health and safety of the American people? Nothing. But, again, his sycophants will go to the hilt defending this bullshit.

just keep Obamacare and let it fail on its own… Keep the blame on the Democrats

Wait until everyone only has 1 insurance company to choose from

the real idiots are ANY person that actually expected a GOP WH/Congress to actually improve a safety net program

what delusional fantasyland do those people live in?

You can really tell Trump hates all this healthcare stuff and just wants it to be over. Actual governance is getting in the way of his MAGA time and making him cranky.

Bear with me here, because this is going to sound wild:

What if, and again, this is crazy, you took away the choice completely? What if you told every American "you know what? You don't get to choose your healthcare insurer. You don't get to pick how much you're going to pay, and what perils will be covered. Because instead of your healthcare being tied to your ability to afford astronomical insurance costs, it's going to be a universal right instilled upon you from birth."

WAY OUT THERE, I know. People not being bankrupted because they have cancer. Kids not dying because their parents can't afford plans to cover them. Old people not living in squalor because their prescriptions are too expensive.

Goddamn communist bullshit, right? Universal healthcare: a fact of life for every first world nation except one.

I agree, just let Obamacare fail.

That's the smart political move here.

Yes. Was I supposed to memorize it?

No. He says if the Bill doesn't pass Friday, he will move onto other priorities: "tax reform, trade and border security." The insinuation is that there is a time limit, after which it is not worth working on. The health and healthcare of the country of people for whom he is President. It's wild and insane and perfectly encapsulates this presidency.

Why wouldn't you want to get rid of the death panels and spiralling healthcare costs that Obamacare caused?

No. He says if the Bill doesn't pass Friday, he will move onto other priorities: "tax reform, trade and border security." The insinuation is that there is a time limit, after which it is not worth working on. The health and healthcare of the country of people for whom he is President. It's wild and insane and perfectly encapsulates this presidency.

Was this quote facetious or you expressing legitimate concern?

What "more important things" does Trump have to do than ensure the health and safety of the American people?

Step back and see what a hater you have become. I can't blame you, this place makes liberals hate conservatives and vice versa. Especially since Trump election.

Reality is that if it doesn't pass, Obamacare is still there (to fail albeit), but it will be there giving him enough time to pass the tax reform and start wall construction/security. It is a legitimate arrangement of priorities. In business, if one thing is lagging you don't tie up all your energy in it and abandon all other projects. You let that thing play out, if there is movement then you readdress it. Trump is using the right approach here.

So you agree then that by leaving Obamacare alone that it is going to fail the people of this great nation?

What if you told every American "you know what? You don't get to choose your healthcare insurer. You don't get to pick how much you're going to pay, and what perils will be covered.

Universal healthcare: a fact of life for every first world nation except one.

You understand that this is not how it works in the best health care systems out there, even in those countries which provide universal healthcare, right?

Why wouldn't you want to get rid of the death panels and spiralling healthcare costs that Obamacare caused?

I do, but there needs to be a plan to cover people who will otherwise lose coverage. Some of those were Trump voters.

kff1.png

Thats pre-Obamacare.

Trump must be like. All this yelling about health care and negotiations. Can I just get back to pretend driving a truck like a big boy?
sub-buzz-27244-1490300752-3.jpg
sub-buzz-31289-1490301700-6.jpg
sub-buzz-27376-1490300839-3.jpg

I am not really sure what this "ultimatum" crap is going to do. Just because Trump wants to move on to something easier does not mean congress has to.

Back