Trumps tweet following Washington train crash

What else would it be made out of?

Good point. A structure of leafy greens constructed by men in plaid with beards.

If nothing else, the Mexican's will be full when they arrive and less likely to start lopping off heads in the Arizona desert for sustenance.

Good point. A structure of leafy greens constructed by men in plaid with beards.

If nothing else, the Mexican's will be full when they arrive and less likely to start lopping off heads in the Arizona desert for sustenance.

False, only white women eat kale.

False, only white women eat kale.

I'd love for that to be the case but proverbial kale-wall has burst. You can't even order a beer in Berkeley anymore that isn't infused with cherrys and poured over a bed of quinoa.

I'd love for that to be the case but proverbial kale-wall has burst. You can't even order a beer in Berkeley anymore that isn't infused with cherrys and poured over a bed of quinoa.

The wall be made of kale and discarded kombucha bottles.

His tweet also complained about too much military spending, ignoring the fact that he increased that by nearly a trillion dollars just a couple months ago.

Also, the crash was amtrak's fault not the infrastructure, no amount of fancy infrastructure can make a train take a corner that sharp at 80mph.

Perhaps he should be calling for more regulation of private business (Amtrak).

To be fair American bureaucracy is not German bureaucracy.

Private enterprise tends to be much, much more efficient at getting things done. That is the system and culture.

The business might try to cheat on efficiency or cut corners outside of the law, but the bureaucracy will squander the money, swell in size/manpower, and then cheat to cut corners on budgets or protect their face outside of the law.

There are some institutions we should not privatize, rail may well be one of them, certainly not prisons, but corporate competitiveness is -usually- a good force in America I would claim.

(Note not the best, or most moral, or anything like that, that is another debate, but for the American system, specifically, privatization is usually a good option.)

It's a myth that private business is more efficient.

Just look at your utility bills: you'll find that the ones that have gone up the most over the past 20 years are things that have been privatized (cable, trash collection, phone etc).

Shipping: the USPS consistently offers lower rates than private carriers while compensating their employees far more.

Health insurance: the administration costs for medicare is 2%, the average private health insurance is 17%.

private security vs. police
private military vs. military contractors
private infrastructure construction vs. public works

seriously WTF are the examples of private being cheaper?

Last edited:
I... Really dont want to hear Trump sing some Al Green, so can yall stop needling everything he does?

@computer fogie maybe try harder next time?

i guess half assed threads are your MO now?
894OxUW.jpg

w9DQHuZ.png

There’s really nothing inherently wrong with saying an event is a call to action on something. If obama had left it at that I’d have no issue really. Trotting up the kids on stage was a douche bag move and probably did more damage to getting some reasonable gun control reform than it helped

Well I don't think that Obama or his coreligionists want "reasonable" on gun control. The end game is total public disarmament. Only the elites and their agents will be permitted to own firearms. The rest of us will be at their mercy and the mercy of criminals who don't live within the law.

And every time there is a tragedy that can be used as a pitch for liberal policies they jump on it before the bodies are cold. But if the Republicans argue for their policies they are attacked by the pearl clutchers of the left for "exploiting" the situation for political gain.

But the other thing that gets my hackles up about the way the TS is presenting this is that this is yet another cynical smear job. Nothing Trump has done or not done caused the train wreck or would have prevented it. But his critics want you to think it's connected and we are on the eve of Armageddon. They clearly want you to imagine his policies leading directly to a storm of train wrecks and dead passengers.

Partisan hack Trumptards were destroyed itt imho ;)

Nothing Trump has done or not done caused the train wreck or would have prevented it.

That is true, but Trump thinks it could have been prevented with infrastructure improvements. That's why he made the statement to begin with.

...But the other thing that gets my hackles up about the way the TS is presenting this is that this is yet another cynical smear job. Nothing Trump has done or not done caused the train wreck or would have prevented it. But his critics want you to think it's connected and we are on the eve of Armageddon. They clearly want you to imagine his policies leading directly to a storm of train wrecks and dead passengers.

Seriously, you think that anyone is claiming Trump is somehow responsible for the wreck?

Quote a post that says this, anybody's post.

*edit - nevermind, I don't really care to read your opinion*

Infrastructure improvements has been one area where I've vocally supported Trump. But this really missed the mark.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42408624

"President Donald Trump's first reaction to the derailment was to tweet that it showed the need for his forthcoming infrastructure plan.

However US media outlets pointed out his submitted federal transportation budget actually proposed cuts to funding to national rail systems."

This disgusts me. That slimy bastard had the nerve to use this tragedy to try to score political points, which is bad enough. But to add insult to injury, he lied, as usual. He just can't' tell the truth about anything, and doesn't seem to care how much of a sleazy asshole he makes of himself.

Can anyone trust this guy to tell us any truth at all? If so, where does your trust come from?

Ah, so this is why the train was doing 10 mph today, and why I was waiting for 15 minutes for a train to pass.

Seriously, you think that anyone is claiming Trump is somehow responsible for the wreck?

Quote a post that says this, anybody's post.

*edit - nevermind, I don't really care to read your opinion*

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42408624

"President Donald Trump's first reaction to the derailment was to tweet that it showed the need for his forthcoming infrastructure plan.

However US media outlets pointed out his submitted federal transportation budget actually proposed cuts to funding to national rail systems."

This disgusts me. That slimy bastard had the nerve to use this tragedy to try to score political points, which is bad enough. But to add insult to injury, he lied, as usual. He just can't' tell the truth about anything, and doesn't seem to care how much of a sleazy asshole he makes of himself.

Can anyone trust this guy to tell us any truth at all? If so, where does your trust come from?

It's implied with that line.

It's implied with that line.

Trump initially blamed the crash on infrastructure:

The article points out that, despite that statement, his transportation budget proposed cuts to the rail system.

How is that blaming him for the crash?

Back