Trump's NEW double negative :D

4daLuLZ

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
oh Lordy, the lulz keep rolling in !

Yesterday In a WH press conference the President was asked if he believes Russia is a major cyber threat to the US and still attacking. He shook his head and then said "No."
This flies against his own senior Intellegence official's (Director of National Intelligence) own very public statements last week that "yes, Russia is a major threat to our cyber security and we are at a critical point." and "the red light is blinking."

To quell this new controversy, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders aka Saigon Sanders said the President had misspoken.......again.
She gave this gem for public consumption "the President was saying thank you very much and no to answering any further questions." She said he was declining to answer shouted questions when he said “no” to a question about Russia’s current efforts.

{<jordan}

Thread title made me think this was head shake + saying no = yes, like a double negative equals a positive.

Yeah, like I said, I believe there was a lot of deliberate overreaction about the whole Putin/Trump thing but the way Trump handled it was worse. So reminiscent of "what the definition of is is." PR disaster.

He would have been better off just saying he made a mistake and realized he didn't address what people were asking.

Last edited:
oh Lordy, the lulz keep rolling in !

Yesterday In a WH press conference the President was asked if he believes Russia is a major cyber threat to the US and still attacking. He shook his head and then said "No."
This flies against his own senior Intellegence official's (Director of National Intelligence) own very public statements last week that "yes, Russia is a major threat to our cyber security and we are at a critical point." and "the red light is blinking."

To quell this new controversy, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders aka Saigon Sanders said the President had misspoken.......again.
She gave this gem for public consumption "the President was saying thank you very much and no to answering any further questions." She said he was declining to answer shouted questions when he said “no” to a question about Russia’s current efforts.

{<jordan}
Is there a video, or should we just take your word for it?

I'm trying to guess in my head what the response will be when the video is posted. Meh, probably just a sigh and acquiescence to a reasonable point. The "Trump way", as I've coined it.

I'm trying to guess in my head what the response will be when the video is posted. Meh, probably just a sigh and acquiescence to a reasonable point. The "Trump way", as I've coined it.
So, no video.
<mma4>

20 seconds in.

Everyone else in the thread should at least watch the 30 second clip and make their own opinions before commenting

Yeah, he looked right at the reporter and said no.. Huckabee Sanders was spinning like a top trying to do damage control .

The real juicy tidbit is that Trump was informed about Russian interference 2 weeks before his inaguration, but he's still deflecting from Russia

Yeah, like I said, I believe there was a lot of deliberate overreaction about the whole Putin/Trump thing but the way Trump handled it was worse. So reminiscent of "what the definition of is is." PR disaster.

He would have been better off just saying he made a mistake and realized he didn't address what people were asking.
It's his M.O. He says the thing he wants to say, then it gets walked back, and then he equivocates. Gaslighting 101. You'd have to be a fool to think he is an honest actor, competent and has integrity. He's a disgrace to our party and more importantly our country.

Back