Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

Let's waste time & tax payer money on cracking down on weed while the true monster of legal opioids is wrecking havoc. It's the worse in Republican states. Once gain, Republicans vote against their own interests.

Build the wall. incarcerate weed smokers.
Republican priorities, always backwards. They're morally bankrupt and seem to be fucking terrible with money, considering what they want to put so much of it towards.

Let's end the enormous revenue stream of medical marijuana, because who needs that money, and my epilepsy isn't expensive enough, I need to treat it with big pharm meds!

Big government, reaching into private lives to fuck with us for no good reason

Pot smoking burnouts are insufferable and pothead culture should be heavily discouraged
Bar culture is far more toxic and should be wiped out. How does any rational society expect to reduce drunk driving and date rape if a major cultural script involves consuming alcohol in public, often with strangers?

Last edited:
Bars and clubs are open until 6 AM, 7 days a week and packed
Far more toxic to society, clubs and bars should be eradicated. If you want to drink, you should drink at home or over a friend's house.

Sessions is one of a tiny handful of Trump appointees actually capable of running a department. He's going to do a ton of damage before he's gone.

I realize he's horrible, but I don't think he'll do much aside from answer questions on Russia and resign in the next couple months.

Put them all in Guantanamo after beating them! Facking hippies.

Bar culture is far more toxic and should be wiped out. How does any rational society expect to reduce drunk driving and date rape if a major cultural script involves consuming alcohol in public, often with strangers?
And the government sells it to you.
It's the drug of choice to keep us stoopid.

lol @ being for this in 2017. unbelieveable i have to share a country and planet with these fucking morons.

I think this idea that it's OK to be Republican and for a lack of regulations on business while wanting extreme regulation on human rights needs to go. It's hypocrisy at it's best. It's OK for a corporation to harm the country in the name of profit, but a human being can't potentially harm themselves with basically harmless substances. It's legal to be a bum and drop out of school, but marijuana should be illegal because it maybe isn't the best thing for you. It's absurd logic. If they really cared about the health of the nation, they wouldn't allow people to go skydiving and do other ridiculously dangerous activities for fun either.

Marijuana is illegal for the sole reason that they wanted a war on minorities and dissident groups in the nation. The government never cared about our personal health. If they did, they wouldn't let kids drop of school and be worthless to society. They saw it as a good opportunity to imprison and silence opposition.

Literally every place that has legalized it seems to want to keep it legal. It's great for business. It lowers drinking and driving. It's mostly harmless fun. If they really cared about the health of the nation and harming gangs, they would take away their huge source of funding, which is the illicit sales of marijuana.
Well, what bothers me is that hypocrisy. Sell us tobacco and alcohol but tell us it'll kill us and we shouldn't use them?
Republicans want small government but they're fine with overreach that affects the other guy.

Fucking hypocrites

Even more interesting is how Jeff Sessions was basically a tobacco lobby shill for a long time.

Funny you should ask. Because the tobacco industry helped get Jeff Sessions elected to the Senate in 1996. In fact, Session got a bit too much money from R. J. Reyonlds, the makers of Camel cigarettes, during his 1996 campaign. In October of 1997 his staff had to send money back to the company because they had donated more than was legally allowed.

Sessions would go on to rail against the lawsuits that the tobacco industry was facing in the late 1990s. During a private dinner, Sessions called the lawsuits “extortion” and said that it would lead to “shake downs” of other industries.

“If we let them get by with this extortion of the tobacco industry, then they’ll start shaking down other industries, one after the other,” Sessions said at a private dinner in July of 1997 with Bill Orzechowski, Chief Economist for the Tobacco Institute, a tobacco industry front group that tried to advocate against tobacco control policies.

How do we know Sessions said this? Thankfully, we have an archive of documents at the University of California-San Francisco that came out of a settlement with the Big Tobacco companies in the late 1990s, known as the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA). The Sessions quote about shakedowns comes from an email from tobacco industry insiders that was reporting back to R. J. Reynolds about how legislators would deal with the threats to their industry.

Back in the 1990s, states were pissed that they were paying for healthcare costs from smoking related diseases, and they started suing the tobacco companies one by one. Mississippi was the first to sue in 1994, and by 1997 had won, something nobody had ever done successfully against the tobacco industry before. Other states started to sue, and pretty soon enough states were emboldened that they lumped it all up into one big settlement.

The Master Settlement Agreement included handing over decades of documents showing that the tobacco industry knew tobacco was addictive (contradicting sworn testimony by every major tobacco exec in 1994), that tobacco was harmful to health (another thing that the industry denied for decades), and that the tobacco industry was explicitly targeting kids with their advertising.

Sessions also introduced a pro-tobacco industry amendment in 1997 that would cap how much money lawyers could make from suing tobacco companies. The goal was evidently to hamper legal efforts to go after the tobacco industry, which was spending millions to fight regulation of its product. The Sessions amendment was narrowly defeated.

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/jeff-sessions-anti-weed-crusader-was-a-shill-for-big-1792831457

This fucking asshole assured us that the idea of his meetings with Russians were a "scurrilous lie".

Whattaprick

I blame television. From Cheech & Chong to Seth Rogen, a history of marijuana-fueled violence has ripped through our culture & glorified their hyper-aggressive, thug-like lifestyles
Machete-machete-32605662-500-260.gif

Some old cunt who worships the equivalent of unicorns telling me what's bad for me and what I can't consume.

{<jordan}

I don't care whether it's legal or not, but it would be better if it was so we can get good regulated products.

Cant seem to OD on these Mexican marijuanas.

I lived this in the 70's and ended up taking a huge detour as a first hand result. And just recently it slapped my family big time as I watched my youngest son morph into a completely different person. so nearly harmless is a loooooooong way from harmless

"I blame the parents a little bit"

You're one of the forum's "patriotic" case by case anti- freedom deer ticks.
You're happy to do away with freedoms that wouldn't affect you.
You don't care about non-you Americans, you're the worst kind of American.

Deer ticks. Lmao

You're one of the forum's "patriotic" case by case anti- freedom deer ticks.
You're happy to do away with freedoms that wouldn't affect you.
You don't care about non-you Americans, you're the worst kind of American.

There's a lot of scum bags like him that beat their chest about "muh freedoms" but then cheerlead everything the GOP and conservatives do to limit freedoms that don't affect their lives one way or another. It's really disgusting.

bold its still against federal law, so there's that and the same consistency you claim they don't have actually applies.

in both examples the slippery slope argument was given and accurate I might add. the first amendment was done away with with the gay marriage bullshit (you are free to practice your religion unless it crosses paths with anything gay) followed immediately by the trans, gender identity, no gender specified whatever these psychotic fucks claiming are forcing on kids

I'm not even sure the op is accurate, I do know society will suffer if we continue down this path

I lived this in the 70's and ended up taking a huge detour as a first hand result. And just recently it slapped my family big time as I watched my youngest son morph into a completely different person. so nearly harmless is a loooooooong way from harmless

1.- Since when it is a crime to hate gays?

2.- Clearly the solution is to put your son in a federal prison for a few years and civil forfeiture your house. That would help your family a lot im sure.

Legalize it and it disappears.
When did you go all reasonable and sensible and shit? Good job.
Weed prohibition is dumb and it supports other criminal activity.
There's a lot of scum bags like him that beat their chest about "muh freedoms" but then cheerlead everything the GOP and conservatives do to limit freedoms that don't affect their lives one way or another. It's really disgusting.
It's worse than that. They can't conceive of a way that it might affect their lives and they don't care. They'd rather "but Hillary" themselves all the way to the local coal fired plant to baptize their kids in the tailing pond.

When did you go all reasonable and sensible and shit? Good job.
Weed prohibition is dumb and it supports other criminal activity.

It's worse than that. They can't conceive of a way that it might affect their lives and they don't care. They'd rather "but Hillary" themselves all the way to the local coal fired plant to baptize their kids in the tailing pond.

I'm always reasonable.

Back