Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it

So it's only corruption if it meets a certain dollar amount. Good to know.

That's not what I said. Corruption is corruption. Why you gotta twist words?

A $15,000 investment in shares is on the low side. I'm not saying It's not corruption and the fact that he voted days later is relatively suss but the fact remains people invest in shares and It's innocent before proven guilty. If he tried to take advantage so be it but you are really not going to make much money investing $15,000 into zimmer you are getting ~140 shares. Maybe if it was a startup and shares were $0.05 and he put $15,000 before they shot up to $1 each....then you would have an argument.

Yes that's right, he got 140 shares. Those shares so far since his 'corrupt' dealings have gone up less than 10%. Factor in broker costs for buying and selling and he would have made less than $1,000. Not the kind of windfall you base a corrupt government career around. If he did do it, then he's an outright moron. More likely he was just unlucky.

There are over 500,000 government officials in America, if you investigated every person who bought shares to a value of less than $20,000 in a company who within the next 12mths had beneficial laws passed the government would probably shut down.

I think you're looking for ghosts....or an excuse, but that's just my opinion. I'm somewhat experienced with shares so I don't see $15,000 as a flashing warning light.

Trump supporters: meh, corruption is ok if it's on my side.

Nah I would have said the same if it was a Democrat, why you so quick to assume?

Last edited:
He's also not clamoring to import 10's of thousand refugees in an effort get strengthen democratic votes.

"Hai let's implant 10's of thousands of Syrians into Detroit! We can give them cheap homes and jobs..." - Bubba
Source?

I have this feeling you think that this somehow absolves all the corruption that shrouds your favored political party but it really doesn't.
There is no absolution. It is interesting to note however that Trumpsters such as yourself have gone from "drain the swamp, Trump will bring change!" to "it's the way DC is, and dems are just as bad" before Chump is even in office. Can't wait to see how far you guys bend over backwards to support him once he actually gets in to office.

Oh and don't separate Bill from Shill...they share the same fucking ideology. The DNC would love to implant Syrians provided they promise to vote blue every election.

There are over 500,000 government officials in America, if you investigated every person who bought shares to a value of less than $20,000 in a company who within the next 12mths had beneficial laws passed the government would probably shut down.

There are not 500,000 congresmess there are only 435, and there is only 1 that introduced legislation to support said company.

I guess if his assets are managed by a stock runner then you may have a point.

The agreement isn't gonna stop Iran from doing anything.

You are so fucking naive.

Yes it is. You are to fucking stupid to understand the agreement or even what it takes to create nukes.

Yes it is. You are to fucking stupid to understand the agreement or even what it takes to create nukes.

Ok buddy. I'm telling you right now don't be fucking shocked when Iran announces they have nukes soon after this agreement is up.

And then you can look in the mirror and hate yourself that much more.

There are over 500,000 government officials in America,

There are not 500,000 congresmess there are only 435, and there is only 1 that introduced legislation to support said company.

I guess if his assets are managed by a stock runner then you may have a point.

Can you read Rod?

edited out a second explanation because I'm not going to explain to someone who can't even be bothered to read

Last edited:
Can you read Rod?

edited out a second explanation because I'm not going to explain to someone who can't even be bothered to read

I was being sarcastic, but i guess your capacity of rational thought is well below the minimum required to form a coherent argument.

You are trying to draw a direct comparison between a random paper pusher investing in a company which ends up benefiting from a random piece of legislation he doesnt even knows about to a representative personally pushing said piece of legislation.

I guess it must be the Australian heat cooking up your brain cells.

I was being sarcastic, but i guess your capacity of rational thought is well below the minimum required to form a coherent argument.

You are trying to draw a direct comparison between a random paper pusher investing in a company which ends up benefiting from a random piece of legislation he doesnt even knows about to a representative personally pushing said piece of legislation.

I guess it must be the Australian heat cooking up your brain cells.

uh huh I bet you were

I'm saying when there are 500,000 government officials, of which tens of thousands will have stock portfolios, comprising dozens or even hundreds of different companies, yes, chances are these kinds of investments will crop up.

Corruption exists 100% and it needs to be investigated, but you can't just consider people guilty before investigation. Like I pointed out the amount of shares purchased are what I look at. The man made barely anything. If he'd put in 6 figures then sure.

uh huh I bet you were

I'm saying when there are 500,000 government officials, of which tens of thousands will have stock portfolios, comprising dozens or even hundreds of different companies, yes, chances are these kinds of investments will crop up.

Corruption exists 100% and it needs to be investigated, but you can't just consider people guilty before investigation. Like I pointed out the amount of shares purchased are what I look at. The man made barely anything. If he'd put in 6 figures then sure.

Again, he pushed the piece of legislation.

You seriously cant see the difference or you cant simply accept that your analogy was wrong?

Saw that on ABC World News. #drainingtheswamp LOL #fullofshit

Sorta like feinsteins husband getting that billion dollar rail contract...

Ok buddy. I'm telling you right now don't be fucking shocked when Iran announces they have nukes soon after this agreement is up.

And then you can look in the mirror and hate yourself that much more.

lol, ok.

Back