Trump's Budget Includes Deepest Cuts To Government In A Generation

This budget proves once again that republicans don't care one little iota about balancing the budget or curbing spending.

Hey, guys, remember when Trump was on the campaign trail and he said, "I will make severe cuts to food stamps and medicaid in order to partially offset massive tax cuts for the wealthy"?

Yeah, me neither.

Good times.

There was a clip on NPR this morning from a Trump budget adviser, and he literally said, "If you are on disability and you can work, we need you to go back to work."

Nevermind the fact that most economists think we are already at close to full employment and no one has any idea where these jobs for the "formerly disabled" are going to materialized from.

Ignorance on this scale beggars description.

This is an immoral, inhumane budget.

They will have to join the military, obviously.

Nevermind the fact that most economists think we are already at close to full employment and no one has any idea where these jobs for the "formerly disabled" are going to materialized from.

This budget proves once again that republicans don't care one little iota about balancing the budget or curbing spending.

They will have to join the military, obviously.

I hear there are lots of potential openings at the Soylent Green factory.

Not in favor of increasing a deficit while proposing tax cuts. No problem with tax cuts as long as it comes with equal spending reduction. Taking it from the military would be more "moral" but whatever -- sucks to be poor, just a fact of life

I hear there are lots of potential openings at the Soylent Green factory.
And at the Trumpcare nursing home
i-just-signed-up-for-trumpcare-how-does-it-work-20938422.png

Not in favor of increasing a deficit while proposing tax cuts. No problem with tax cuts as long as it comes with equal spending reduction. Taking it from the military would be more "moral" but whatever -- sucks to be poor, just a fact of life

A functional social safety net is also a "fact of life" in every civilized, first world nation. Let's not be selective with our "facts," Mr. Speaker.

Hey conservatives, is this that awesome Judeo-Christian cultural foundation I'm always hearing about?

3eb.jpg

A functional social safety net is also a "fact of life" in every civilized, first world nation. Let's not be selective with our "facts," Mr. Speaker.

3eb.jpg

Hey, if you're poor or won't see a net gain from tax cuts, I don't expect you to vote in GOP favor. You're more than free to return any net gains you'll receive to poor people, lucky.

Hey, if you're poor or won't see a net gain from tax cuts, I don't expect you to vote in GOP favor. You're more than free to return any net gains you'll receive to poor people, lucky.
Oh, gee, well thank ya gub'nor.

Good luck explaining this to people who are use to big mama government taking from the rich to subsidize their 'free' programs.

Man works for 20 years cleaning a public park. Single man, older, no siblings. He developes an auto-immune disease and eventually his body falls apart. He has no choice but to go on disability and apply for help with his rent and food stamps.

A year later it's revealed that in the 80's, the park he had been cleaning was built on top of a chemical dumping ground a company illegally dumped waste on for years. One of the chemicals causes his auto-immune disease. The company has long been gone. He has no legal or financial recourse.

Would you be ok telling that guy to "get off the tit"? Or is there a possibility social programs have a greater purpose than "being handouts for the lazy"?

One of the ways Donald Trump’s budget claims to balance the budget over a decade, without cutting defense or retirement spending, is to assume a $2 trillion increase in revenue through economic growth. This is the magic of the still-to-be-designed Trump tax cuts. But wait — if you recall, the magic of the Trump tax cuts is alsosupposed to pay for the Trump tax cuts. So the $2 trillion is a double-counting error.

Is it not obvious the right wing in America wants to watch this country burn.

These morons in middle America better wake up and vote these fuckers out of office. Sadly I don't see that happen any time soon.

Then that puts USA on the top of the list of shit countries. Its hard to believe people think this way and are ok with it.

Why do people come to the us for superior Healthcare then? It seems the free market has helped us have the best health care ever.

One of the ways Donald Trump’s budget claims to balance the budget over a decade, without cutting defense or retirement spending, is to assume a $2 trillion increase in revenue through economic growth. This is the magic of the still-to-be-designed Trump tax cuts. But wait — if you recall, the magic of the Trump tax cuts is alsosupposed to pay for the Trump tax cuts. So the $2 trillion is a double-counting error.

Holy shit how are these idiots in charge of a country.

Will need to be refined to $2T more cuts or $2T less tax cuts for the rich or there will be a $2T addition to the deficit in what they're claiming is a balanced budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back