Trump's approval rating tops Obama's midterm numbers, poll shows

hardly lol i work in the medical field primarily with surgeons
what would possibly appeal to voting blue to educated and intelligent people that make tons of money?
who the hell wants to pay more taxes?

I don't care about Republicans or Democrats (although they should seriously switch colors with each other to fit with the general associations on the political scale), but commenting on a more general political spectrum I'd say that educated, intelligent and high income earning people tend to, in my experience, to be capable of far more nuance and analysis than just focusing on the taxes they personally pay. Of course you can be very selfish and intelligent at the same time, but I think they tend to see that the big picture has more important factors than income tax.

hardly lol i work in the medical field primarily with surgeons
what would possibly appeal to voting blue to educated and intelligent people that make tons of money?
who the hell wants to pay more taxes?
You're right that Surgeons specifically tend to vote republican by a high margin. However doctors as a whole tend to vote for democrats.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/...an-your-psychiatrist-probably-a-democrat.html

All that said, scientists as whole also tend to vote democrat. From a 2009 study:
528-52.gif

A 2018 pew poll shows that those with more education tend to vote democratic:
2_6.png

Obama faced a much tougher opposition In 2010, the messaging around government spending in the wake of Obamacare being signed was very effective and helped give structure to the general opposition to the President that comes out in midterm elections.

The Democrats have just as strong invective against the sitting President as the GOP had in 2010, but the messaging is a bit hollow after that. I think that’s helped explain Trump’s stability in the polls. He’s got a generally lower ceiling than Obama for approval rating, but that’s mostly personal. There’s no signature Trump policy to oppose, nobody really hates tax cuts.

Last edited:
Nope. College educated people tend to vote blue. Now more than ever.

Republicans have convinced themselves that college is a liberal scam

You are quite wrong as usual. College is not the end all be all for earning a decent living and with its current cost it often sets people financially behind for years. Plus don't forget its the next step in the indoctrination/ echo chamber. I have a college degree also from a reputable university.

Cmon zeb don’t act high and mighty now, you know what you meant

I see you went to the same obtuse 101 class as zeb
I guess my not wanting to be called obtuse would lead me to vote for Trump?

Oh wait, you still haven't explained your logic for how not liking being called dumb, stupid, racist rednecks would lead people to vote for the candidate that has voters most associated with being dumb, stupid, racist rednecks......I'm still waiting.

sounds like a real old white sausage fest

i dont know a single person with a stem degree that openly votes blue (and i work with dozens of them)
im sure tons of liberal arts majors vote blue

I hold a BS/MS in the Computing Sciences field, as do most of my colleagues (minimum Undergrad) and not a single leftist amongst them. Liberals sure, but most hold moderate or conservative positions. There are few candidates on either side of the aisle I would back, but the antics of the Dems, particularly the far-left, and the ignorance or acceptance of actions from far-left groups by liberals certainly have turned me off towards the Democratic party.

Further, after doing some research, turns out STEM majors are less likely to vote than their glorified Toilet Paper Degree peers (likely because we/they were too busy studying, rather than to march at some stupid protest they clearly don't understand). Further, when engineers enter the field, they are even less likely to identify as Democrats.

https://qz.com/695831/on-campus-students-of-these-subjects-are-by-far-the-least-politically-engaged/

https://www.machinedesign.com/news/politics-engineers

Last edited:
i dont know a single person with a stem degree that openly votes blue (and i work with dozens of them)
im sure tons of liberal arts majors vote blue

are they all white??? lol

I am an engineer working for the USG and our working population is about half democrat and half republican. I think it leans more left but I don't go around asking people what their voting preferences are to confirm that. If I had to venture a guess a large percentage of the white folks plus a small percentage of everybody else are Republicans and everybody else is left but that would be my guess based on random political convos.

I am in NJ so it is a democratic stronghold...

You are quite wrong as usual. College is not the end all be all for earning a decent living and with its current cost it often sets people financially behind for years. Plus don't forget its the next step in the indoctrination/ echo chamber. I have a college degree also from a reputable university.

Nobody said it was the be all end all to a decent living. It sure can be a shortcut if you aren’t a fan of manual labor and your parents saved Anouilh so you don’t have student loans. The more educated a person is, the more they encounter people not like them, the more they develop tolerance and understanding the more they vote D

a shit degree from a shit tier community college degree is not reputable...

The man is making things happen and more ppl starting to see it. I’m thrilled with what he’s doing for the country as a whole myself. Does he ever say something stupid, of course and I wish he would tone it down some but he has done some work in a short amount of time so I have to respect that like it or not.

Last edited:
President Trump's approval ratings are higher than those of former-president Barack Obama during the first mid-term elections of his presidency, according to a new poll.

The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed Trump's approval rating at 47 percent, the highest figures the president has posted in that poll. Obama's 2010 approval rating for about the same time period was 45 percent.

Trump's approval rating was highest among Republicans (87 percent); white voters without college degrees (65 percent); and men (56 percent.) The president only garnered 10 percent approval from Democrats; 14 percent from black voters; and 27 percent among Latino voters.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/10/trumps_approval_rating_tops_ob.html
27% from Latino? <{dayum}>

Back