Trumps apathy towards the environment

This is my view.

"The planet isn't going anywhere... we are!" That's correct.

So your view is that you don't care that humans self-destruct. 7-10 billion people will slowly die because of preventable actions and your reaction is "meh"

<mma4>

You can face-palm all you want to, but that doesn't disprove the statement. The premise of this thread was that Trump is a threat to our survival as a species.

Perhaps so, if he started a nuclear war. But not so much by disagreeing with climate change. Even if the most extreme of the proposed forms of climate change takes place, there would still be plenty of land to live in, for human beings. Probably more so than during ice ages or gigantic volcano explosions.

Couldn´t find a quadruple facepalm. But please keep going. You are nothing if not entertaining in your cluelessness.

Couldn´t find a quadruple facepalm. But please keep going. You are nothing if not entertaining in your cluelessness.

And you are consistently unentertaining in your lack of ability to contribute to anything substantial.

It stems from his apathy towards knowledge and learning. He's the type of buffoon who basks in his own ignorance, like all fox viewers.

"The planet isn't going anywhere... we are!" That's correct.

So your view is that you don't care that humans self-destruct. 7-10 billion people will slowly die because of preventable actions and your reaction is "meh"

<mma4>
Pretty much. I'm an alien so I don't care about you lot.

And you are consistently unentertaining in your lack of ability to contribute to anything substantial.

Yeah because mega volcanos are really pertinent to climate change. lol

i still cant find hard evidence that a mad max is coming. where is your hard evidence?

and what are you going to do about it? did your fuel and meat consumption increase drastically under trump?
If only we had people who could stufy this 'science' stuff and tell us eeh?

Yeah one person changing should fix it all!
If again only there was some way to all collectively work together towards this issue and others , maybe some sort of voting process where men can be given authority to orgainse all this on our behalf as we go about our daily lives
I know maybe a portion of our incomes etc could be taxed to support all this ? Or are these 'new ' ideas too radical for ya?

The coal and oil industry can pay the government all they want. They still can't pay the earth to start producing more coal and oil, which are limited resources. So one way or the other, there's going to be an end to it.

If a shitty Mad Max future is all there is, then so be it. We've been worse off. We probably deserve whatever fate we're going to get.
Yep we should been pumping billions into solar,fusion ,tidal etc decades ago
Its like when you read about ancient greeks having seen steam power then ignoring its potential or the chinese and gunpowder

My main problem is that everyone is so focused on climate change that if they don't believe that, they think we're fine. Pollution is almost as diverse as a new Star Wars movie, and it seems instead of trying to tackle any of it we're actually moving in the other direction.

Most people are probably more focused on keeping their jobs, paying their bills, paying for their school or their kids schools, ensuring there's enough food for everyone in their family, paying off debts, dealing with health issues, etc...

Just saying....

We are the richest country in the history of the world.

We can provide for everyone and not destroy the planet.

Also, Trump isn't even helping persons with that plight: he's deregulating and redistributing wealth upwards.

I don't think our survival as a species is threatened by climate change.

If we've made it through super-volcanoes and ice ages, we'll probably make it through this.

The threat is more regional than anything.

maybe not our survival but the survival of current human civilization definitely does depend it.

Oh neat. So, just fuck conservation entirely. No solar, no nothin'. Just stiff incorporated pricks and all the coal we can swallow. Solid plan for the futuristical new century.

Most people are probably more focused on keeping their jobs, paying their bills, paying for their school or their kids schools, ensuring there's enough food for everyone in their family, paying off debts, dealing with health issues, etc...

Just saying....
Like everyone in the West except Americans seem to be the only ones not to give a shit.

Oh neat. So, just fuck conservation entirely. No solar, no nothin'. Just stiff incorporated pricks and all the coal we can swallow. Solid plan for the futuristical new century.
Well, what has been produced from the funding thats being cut? Thats the important question. Are we just throwing money at nothing by attaching a "environment" tag on it?

Well, what has been produced from the funding thats being cut? Thats the important question. Are we just throwing money at nothing by attaching a "environment" tag on it?
If you want to know, maybe you should go acquire said knowledge!

I know it's easier to just be a cynical ignorant from the sidelines though.

If you want to know, maybe you should go acquire said knowledge!

I know it's easier just to be a cynical ignorant from the sidelines though.
Translation- I don't really know but TRUMP OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Translation- I don't really know but TRUMP OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!
No, you're "asking questions" that you can go find the answers to. But you're using your refusal to go find answers to suggest that the conclusion you want to draw in ignorance is the real one, and as a bonus, you get to attempt to blame me by some magical transitive property. I have no interest in getting into that food trough of your own shit. Eat up.

We are the richest country in the history of the world.

We can provide for everyone and not destroy the planet.

Also, Trump isn't even helping persons with that plight: he's deregulating and redistributing wealth upwards.
If we're so rich, why didn't we provide for everyone the previous eight years? The eight before that? The eight before that?

Nothing I said had anything to do with Trump specifically.

I stand by my comment regarding priorities.

The more jobs we lose to outsourcing and automation, the deeper into personal debt we individually fall just to have an education or live beyond a subsistence existence the less people are going to care. They'll either spiral off into narcotic nirvana, eat bullets or start looking for shit to burn down.

Not much room in there to worry overmuch about coal unless you're directly affected by it.

Back