Trumpites, did you burn your MAGA hats already?

Trump voters will never give up on him until there's a better alternative, understand this.

Repealing DACA is about stopping Obama's legacy of expanding the role of the executive.
Trump is now leaving it up to the legislator to come up with a actual law rather than rule as a King
THe decision is up to Congress not trump
.... Wasn't DACA Bush?....

I have no idea how they feel but we had shit choices even in the primary.

I would have gone for Jeb or Gilmore as a better choice but Jeb had too much baggage and Gilmore too unknown. So we got Trump.

You know it's a disappointing election season when you go "You know what, another Bush presidency might not be so bad".

Pretty sure I've said it before, but if push had come to shove I would have voted for Kasich or Jeb over Hillary in the GE.

Trump supporters are good at painting the target around the arrow. Wherever Trump's (in)actions take him, the result was obviously his intent.

Hillary center right?

Did you here her speeches and read the platform she ran on.

She goes from center left to far left depending on the issue.

Trump is just back and forth across the line but is pushed center right mostly.

lol

Hillary is a neo con.

Compared to who? Bill Clinton?

Similar. Most of Trumps "controversial" policies thus far have been attempts to roll Obama-era policies back to Clinton-era policies, but he's been unsuccessful, so in practice his administration is located somewhere in between.

We invent an imaginary "right-wing" that we don't have just to differentiate the teams, but on the absolute scale it's extreme left vs moderate left. We don't have a Shinzo Abe or even a Viktor Orban in the west.

Good thing for the media, too. What would they do if a politician openly acknowledged/defended national identity? They've created a billion-dollar industry around accusing western leaders of even hinting at such.

Last edited:
Trump, a leftist? Really?
Last week I spent the better part of an hour listening to a group of international - only one American, and I largely shut up whenever my homeland comes up - Literature grad students discuss Trump as a virtual avatar of Neoliberalism in a discussion about Foucault's response to the commodification of the aesthetic. It seems to be a quite commonly held view in academic circles. Makes one wonder where Neoliberalism fits into this spectrum...

Give me a list of civilizations throughout history that leaned further left than the current US & Western Europe. Should be extensive.

This is as left as it gets. The gauges are maxed out. Trump would have been a liberal president as recently as the '90s and he's a "Nazi" nowadays. If you aren't content with our leftness then your options are implosion or a padded cell.

You're right, USA is just a left wing utopia with an all encompassing police and surveillance state, exponentially larger army, navy, and airforce than any country in the world, with a blatant corporate and government partnership and non-direct voting.

It's a liberal's dream come true.

You're right, USA is just a left wing utopia with an all encompassing police and surveillance state, exponentially larger army, navy, and airforce than any country in the world, with a blatant corporate and government partnership and non-direct voting.

It's a liberal's dream come true.

Ah I see. So you concede that the US and EU are ideologically the furthest left civilizations in human history but it doesn't count because big army. Your awkward "coming of age" posts are always good for a chuckle. I hope you develop into something more worthwhile.

Ah I see. So you concede that the US and EU are ideologically the furthest left civilizations in human history but it doesn't count because big army. Your awkward "coming of age" posts are always good for a chuckle. I hope you develop into something more worthwhile.

There is nothing furthest left about the United States. You live in a fantasy.

Your attempts to appear condescending are futile because you're just wrong.

It's a corporate oligarchy.

What "ideologically" makes the US and Europe the furthest left in history? Unless you take a myopic view of looking at social issues-gay marriage, LGBT rights, affirmative action- I think it is difficult to support that statement.

I'm having mine dipped in platinum as we speak.

I really want one, but I'm Canadian so they were never really available here. I went to Seattle for five days back in July but couldn't find one.

If anyone is thinking of getting rid of theirs PM me and we can arrange shipping it to me which I will pay for.

lol

it might be ending for the hardcore twitter lunatics but the average trump supporter is just sitting back and waiting to see where this goes. Id imagine most of us dont oppose amnesty for daca kids as long as they dont grandfather the families into the deal and end the program asap

Curious:

Since having family here is one of the top reasons to get citizenship, doesn't that put the family members that broke the law at the front of the line?

Same here. Every person I know except two voted for Trump. The drag racing community is a big right wing echo chamber , and I've never seen a MAGA hat.

However, I still see countless Trump bumper stickers so I don't think the lack of hats is due to people being scared that an Antifa munchkin wearing a black mask will spray pepper spray on them and scurry away, I think it's just because it's an ugly fucking hat.

Never saw the hat IRL either, even though I pass 2 houses that have Trump flags on their flag pole and lots of cars with bumper stickers.

Back