TrumpetDan = BJJ Scout???

Haha, no one said they thought BJJ Scout was me. Jiu Jitsu Labs is run by David Booth. I do breakdowns too, but that's about it. I think you're referring to Trumpet Dan.

But how do we know you're not TrumpetDan? After all you're both named "Dan". Seems fishy

I know someone who ticks a few of the boxes. He is from Norway but speaks excellent English (he has taught English in Beijing for many years). He teaches jiu jitsu when the main instructor isn't around. I think he took part in the organizing/runing/coaching of the ADCC in Beijing. He is also quit a smart, cerebral guy.

The things that make me think its not him is that he has a relative disdain for the points system in general and really only cares about submissions which is not what Lo is known for. He also likes no gi way more than gi and is much more interested in the leg lock game. He loves jiu jitsu but doesn't seem interested in sport jiu jitsu.

Theres no one else that I have met in Beijing that comes even close to ticking all the boxes.

I know someone who ticks a few of the boxes. He is from Norway but speaks excellent English (he has taught English in Beijing for many years). He teaches jiu jitsu when the main instructor isn't around. I think he took part in the organizing/runing/coaching of the ADCC in Beijing. He is also quit a smart, cerebral guy.

The things that make me think its not him is that he has a relative disdain for the points system in general and really only cares about submissions which is not what Lo is known for. He also likes no gi way more than gi and is much more interested in the leg lock game. He loves jiu jitsu but doesn't seem interested in sport jiu jitsu.

Theres no one else that I have met in Beijing that comes even close to ticking all the boxes.

uhh someone tagged a guy that look norwegian as bjj scout in a post on facebook i cant find the link though. is the guy you are talking about kinda stalky bald head or short hair? i bet its that guy. that would make alot of sense.

Haha, no one said they thought BJJ Scout was me. Jiu Jitsu Labs is run by David Booth. I do breakdowns too, but that's about it. I think you're referring to Trumpet Dan.

Danofearth's stuff has been awesome lately. What if BJJ Scout was just a title and it passed from trumpet Dan to you to me... like batman!?

Not that interested in knowing who Scout is, but he is doing some great work.

uhh someone tagged a guy that look norwegian as bjj scout in a post on facebook i cant find the link though. is the guy you are talking about kinda stalky bald head or short hair? i bet its that guy. that would make alot of sense.

He is kinda lanky, bald headed dude. If you look carefully he has a tattoo on the back of his head. He also usually has a goatee.

I am not sure what a typical Norwegian looks like.

The main reasons I don't think its him is because he doesn't seem that interested in competition jiu jitsu. If anything I would say he has a disdain for it although he has never said that. If he was interested in competition jiu jitsu then I could easily see him making those movies as he is a pretty smart, cerebral guy that likes to analyse positions.

Last edited:
Danofearth's stuff has been awesome lately. What if BJJ Scout was just a title and it passed from trumpet Dan to you to me... like batman!?

Not that interested in knowing who Scout is, but he is doing some great work.

He's an absolute badass for sure. Hope he never stops.

Edit: And you should start again too!

Last edited:
My guess is he's a Chinese-Singaporean based on this and the fact that his English is good but odd. Also he was at ADCC which was in China. An ethnic Chinese fluent in both Chinese and English would feel comfortable travelling there.

or it could be a she.

You guys need to see this now give the man his personal life leave him alone he does his thing now I saw this in the funk rolling comment section this suggests his name is this the guy in the comment section has obviously trained with him or knows him this is blatantly his name it's so obvious I cracked it I fucking nailed it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 42
Back