Trump wins: NFL Commish Roger Goodell back tracks and now tells owners that players should stand

Now that the NFL backtracked on the anthem kneeling, will the fans return and viewership come back?

• Total voters
It looks like NFL viewership was continuing to go down, and the NFL gave in.

At first the NFL had people say that Trump was dividing us. Now they admit that they were causing the division by choosing to kneel instead of uniting as a country.

Another win for Freedom, the sane masses and our boy Donny the 'Golden Wrecking Ball'

These disgusting leftist bullies will continue to lose. Hopefully the players who have been kneeling are put on a list, and phased out. Dispensable cry babies.

The worst posters are the ones who take their parties side on every single issue. Lots of "you" in here. Nothing unique

Go away scumbag. This is a celebration thread, for freedom and the sane masses. You are not welcome here, now scram.

Gonna be interesting if all the players repeat and kneel this Sunday. What will Goodell and the owners do? Fire everybody?

The stakes just got real. We'll sort out the believers from the posers come this Sunday.

I think the majority will stand. Some will still kneel, but pressure will be on to stand. In the end, these athletes want the big dollars. We will see though.

You're running headlong into a strike.
Time for the players to finally put up or shut up.

Can't wait for the NFLPA response. Maybe a mid-season strike won't be the worst thing- at least we can avoid primetime matchups like Bears-Vikings.

This shit is tearing teams apart. The Cowboys are in turmoil. The players are hating on the billionaire who signs their checks. The Shitsbergs Kneelers are in free fall. Teammates were pissed that a former military man stood for his flag. HA. Big Ben didn't and doesn't want to kneel but feels forced to do it. The players are emotional wrecks and are playing like shit.

This a great. Fuck the crybabies.

Oh and Kevin Blackistone just said that telling NFL players to stand is racist and violates their rights. lol, what a clown.

Last edited:
zGHQb4O.gif

The players are just high priced pawns who have no real say. Ultimately the fans, sponsors and tv deals control the show.

Deal with it players, you WILL be standing.

Now let's get back to playing football and to fuck with all this other bullshit.

It looks like NFL viewership was continuing to go down, and the NFL gave in.

At first the NFL had people say that Trump was dividing us. Now they admit that they were causing the division by choosing to kneel instead of uniting as a country.

It's almost as if hardworking people who just want to watch a game with their friends and family aren't moved by millionaires telling them when and where to be outraged.

The interesting thing about this all, imo, is that I firmly believe most Americans respect the core of Kaepernicks alleged greivance. I think most Americans believe our police get away with too much. I don't think it's as bad as the media would have us believe. But, they do cover for each other, and they do everything they can to keep cops out of jail when they have broken the law. And in the realm of law enforcement there is no room for racism or any brutality however prevalent or infrequent.

But I also know that the last thing I want to see on Sunday is a millionaire in a sports league full of shallow, violent assholes, virtue signal over me. Nope. Not one bit.

It's almost as if hardworking people who just want to watch a game with their friends and family aren't moved by millionaires telling them when and where to be outraged.

The interesting thing about this all, imo, is that I firmly believe most Americans respect the core of Kaepernicks alleged greivance. I think most Americans believe our police get away with too much. I don't think it's as bad as the media would have us believe. But, they do cover for each other, and they do everything they can to keep cops out of jail when they have broken the law. And in the realm of law enforcement there is no room for racism or any brutality however prevalent or infrequent.

But I also know that the last thing I want to see on Sunday is a millionaire in a sports league full of shallow, violent assholes, virtue signal over me. Nope. Not one bit.
I think 95% of law enforcement officers are good and just trying to do their job. In the cities it's worse, because of these cities have to deal with a lot of thugs. That makes it tough to do your job. In that environment it's completely different, split seconds matter and it's life or death there.

It's a war zone in some of those areas. And some neighborhoods say they don't want cops, so the cops won't even respond to a call in there.

I think 95% of law enforcement officers are good and just trying to do their job. In the cities it's worse, because of these cities have to deal with a lot of thugs. That makes it tough to do your job. In that environment it's completely different, split seconds matter and it's life or death there.

It's a war zone in some of those areas. And some neighborhoods say they don't want cops, so the cops won't even respond to a call in there.

I agree with the sentiment of that post, but I'd juke those numbers down closer to 90% personally. I feel that an even more serious problem is the % of cops that will go to lengths to cover that 5-10 but otherwise are good cops. When cops know they aren't above the law just about all this nonsense will end.

I think the people who say they don't want cops are either terribly naive and grandstanding, or are criminals who want to operate unimpeded and are taking advantage of our current social and political landscape.

Last edited:
The NFL had been teflon up until this point, but I think they've peaked. Gambling and Fantasy Football is really what keeps them from ever totally tanking. Should people bore of Fantasy they could be in real trouble and I doubt they have as young of an audience as the NBA.

This is all on Goodell once again. The guy is completely out of touch with his audience and is almost unanimously hated.
  1. He fucked up the Ray Rice thing by trying to hide it and responding much, much too late. He got lucky that people don't care that felons and wife beaters play for their teams.
  2. He fucked up with the Brady thing and made himself look incompetent and petty. Brady then wins the title and make him look even more foolish. People still weren't deterred.
  3. But then he let Kap kneel and it was something that irritated a lot of people. He could have cracked down with fines, suspensions, or withholding of game checks, but then it got worse and widespread until it got to the point the NFL has become like watching CNN/FOX.
People don't want to be lectured to by a bunch of dumb jocks. They want to be entertained. They don't want to hear who's kneeling they want to hear stats and watch highlights. They upset a large portion of their core audience and pissed off a lot of paying customers that won't be coming back.

I agree with the sentiment of that post, but I'd juke those numbers down closer 90% personally. I feel that an evem more serious problem is the % of cops that will go to lengths to cover that 5-10 but otherwise are good cops. When cops know they aren't above the law just about all this nonsense will end.

I think the people who say they don't want cops are either terribly naive and grandstanding, or are criminals who want to operate unimpeded and are taking advantage of our current social and political landscape.
The percent probably changes depending on where you live. I think we've got a lot of good guys in my county. I'm friends with some of them. Some I've gone to church with, their family goes with them etc. I've played on softball teams with them, pickup basketball in the past when I was a little younger. You see them at the football game and it's a tight community. Contrast that to NYC and some of the crooks and corruption in law enforcement there.

Players will still take a knee. Goodell will do fookin nuttin
They are having a meeting with owners to make it a rule that you have to stand

The US military pays the teams millions of dollars to do the national anthem at the games.

I for one can't wait till this shit goes away and football is just football again.

They are having a meeting with owners to make it a rule that you have to stand

The US military pays the teams millions of dollars to do the national anthem at the games.

I for one can't wait till this shit goes away and football is just football again.
They shouldn't be paying the NFL to do the anthem. That money could be used better elsewhere.

Back