Trump wins: NFL Commish Roger Goodell back tracks and now tells owners that players should stand

Now that the NFL backtracked on the anthem kneeling, will the fans return and viewership come back?

• Total voters
If Peyton just put his butt and crotch in that girls face and didn't touch her, then that's sexual harassment.
Does the charge escalate to assault if Manning was close enough so she could smell his taint?

I'm actually not a fan of Peyton. You can do a google search on a number of his rumors to find out why. And I knew someone that knew him. So I'm not a fan.

But I agree he is a star. And he has a good image. That many people love. And he does have star power. And he did help ratings.

Kaepernick helped tank ratings with some other thugs.
when you're good at a sport, people will overlook a lot.

just look at Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant.

The boycott? Wasn't it just Kaepernick at that point?

Yes. But it fucking exploded overnight and was getting constant coverage.

Then players started joining him and a few players from other teams.

Then Colin went full retard and wore those "fuck pigs" socks and the Fidel Castro/Communist shirt.

Genius

Like I said, I don't think the ratings drop were all from Colin, but the owners are desperate to try something

What does it mean to you?
Economic growth, technological progress, advances in medicine, eliminating pollution and man made climate change, increases economic mobility for citizens, just to name the big stuff.

This was the dumbest news cycle in quite awhile. Probably since the Malaysia flight.

James White has weighed in on this:
"I mean, that’s out of my pay grade. They’ll figure it out, and we’ll see what happens.”

Chris Hogan also:
“It is what it is. That’s out of my control. If that’s what it comes down to.”

In other words.... leave me alone please. The Pats crack me up. This is what I'd say too.

football has become overly referee'd, too expensive, and the lack of consistent legacy players takes the loyalty out of the fanbase. politics had nothing to do with it. NFL ratings have been slipping since before Colin did shit.

a06f13828a8654800f524aa818fe9f60b38f4ba3c9c0944f6cc5b1dd26af6c62.jpg

i dont know how many times this has to happen before people realize that the silent majority is with trump, and the "progressive" virtue signallers are a vocal minority

almost everyone who tries to virtue signal by attacking trump gets destroyed.

Gonna be interesting if all the players repeat and kneel this Sunday. What will Goodell and the owners do? Fire everybody?

The stakes just got real. We'll sort out the believers from the posers come this Sunday.

fine them, just like they used to do with excessive celebrations like OBJ pretending to be a dog and pissing in the endzone

id bet it ends real soon if they do that

football has become overly referee'd, too expensive, and the lack of consistent legacy players takes the loyalty out of the fanbase. politics had nothing to do with it. NFL ratings have been slipping since before Colin did shit.
That is objectively untrue.
fine them, just like they used to do with excessive celebrations like OBJ pretending to be a dog and pissing in the endzone

id bet it ends real soon if they do that
You're running headlong into a strike.

That is objectively untrue.

You're running headlong into a strike.
bullshit. The 2016 season was NOTABLE for having diminished ratings across the country. outside of the Super Bowl, viewership of regular season games was down across the board in 2016, 2015 and 2014. remember Super Bowl LI? the one with the amazing comeback and OT? yeah, low as fuck rating as far as super bowls go.

Trying to blame NFL's problems, that have existed PRIOR to this season, and were markedly commented on LAST season, on some bullshit that just started in the 17-18 season, seems grasping.

i dont know how many times this has to happen before people realize that the silent majority is with trump, and the "progressive" virtue signallers are a vocal minority

almost everyone who tries to virtue signal by attacking trump gets destroyed.
The silent majority doesn't give a fuck about politics. The silent majority fucking hates the back-and-forth bullshit from both sides.

It looks like NFL viewership was continuing to go down, and the NFL gave in.

At first the NFL had people say that Trump was dividing us. Now they admit that they were causing the division by choosing to kneel instead of uniting as a country.
Are you a Trump supporter and a Christian?

Real men who take a knee and believe in that cause will not be forced to stand for something as silly as a dumb song.
If standing for a silly song is more important then all the unarmed black men being killed then your country is in more trouble then you think.
They kneel because there is something really wrong in the USA.
Only pussies will give in to pressure from the NFL, real men won't.
And again, it's just a stupid song, you would have to be an idiot to even care about it.

Back