Trump wins: NFL Commish Roger Goodell back tracks and now tells owners that players should stand

Now that the NFL backtracked on the anthem kneeling, will the fans return and viewership come back?

• Total voters
NFL ratings have been falling for a couple of years now. If anything this whole controversy gave them a slight bump for a few weeks. The idea that a few players kneeing is tanking the rating now is a fallacy. Not to mention that players have in the the past been willing to strike to get what they want.
That's not what we're hearing. Monday night football last night was a season low for ratings. If the NFL was getting more viewers, they wouldn't be caving on this issue.

wait, so you mean they may actually discuss sports on First Take, Undisputed, and the ilk?

I do declare.....

Low IQ athletes bite the hand that feeds them millions of dollars, get smacked, and idiots call them oppressed.

You wanna see real oppression? Go take a look at some of the photos from North Korea, and their labor force of 5 year olds.

article-2624164-1DADC45000000578-671_964x646.jpg

That's not what we're hearing. Monday night football last night was a season low for ratings. If the NFL was getting more viewers, they wouldn't be caving on this issue.

The first few weeks of this the rates were slightly up, but as I said the trend has been going down for a few years now. Heck last year they were trying to blame the ratings on the election.

As far as caving, this is far from it. The letter stated that the league things everyone should and an upcoming meeting. There is no directive to owners to make players stand.

A day after Monday night football ratings hit a low.

NFL ratings were already down something like 8% from 2015 to 2016. Things like increased awareness for CTE, and high-profile domestic abuse cases involving NFL players, are bigger reasons that the public is losing interest in the NFL than this kneeling silliness. If you care about the big picture.

NFL ratings were already down something like 8% from 2015 to 2016. Things like increased awareness for CTE, and high-profile domestic abuse cases involving NFL players, are bigger reasons that the public is losing interest in the NFL than this kneeling silliness. If you care about the big picture.

Have you seen his posts?

I guess all the butt hurt snowflakes can go back to watching now that they have their safe space back ;);)

Lol I'm actually a supporter of him. People seem to forget how much shit was in the NFL before he came into office. Yes, he's mad some stupid suspensions and decisions for players off the field. He also took swift action against drug abusers, rapists, spouse abusers, and generally shitty people when he first got into office. People tend to forget how shitty the NFL was before him.

The worst posters are the ones who take their parties side on every single issue. Lots of "you" in here. Nothing unique

My party? Bro, I'm labeled as right wing because I try to identify the positives of Liberty and Freedom. I'm more John Locke than I am John McCain or even Ronald Reagan.

Literally an reenactment of Trump vs the NFL.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

#bodied
#StayWinning
#MAGA

e93.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, it had nothing to do with two shit teams playing lmao

The NFL needs to blame someday. Who knows if it's the ratings or not, but there was an average 9% drop from 2015 to 2016, with Monday Night Football being down 12% (ESPN).

Now, there's another 7% average drop from 2016 to 2017.

Therefore, from the 2015 to 2017, it's an approximate 15% drop which is significant.

Maybe the owners think it's solely due to these player protests, but I doubt it.

should've done this all along
A) it has jack and shit to do w/ football
B) It was going to, and clearly did, hurt revenues
C) athletes have other options to express these views, views that would be read and felt by people actually wanting to know their opinion on the matter....

The culture war is drawing to a close and conservatism has won. And this is despite nearly 100% mass media colusion with the alt left.

Real Americans are literally making America great again, just as promised.

Back