Trump wins: NFL Commish Roger Goodell back tracks and now tells owners that players should stand

Now that the NFL backtracked on the anthem kneeling, will the fans return and viewership come back?

• Total voters
Backlash smacklash...

The players should put their money where their mouth is, if they're sooo passionate. Threaten to not play, and void their contract. If any of them criticize the NFL, let's see if they're willing to hurt their own bottom line for the cause. It's so easy to protest without sacrifice. The NFL is coming around to the idea that it's not worth the sacrifice. Let's see if the players truly want to protest with real stakes on the line, or if they cop out, and continue to enjoy making millions of dollars playing a kids game.

My money is on cop out.

I think most of us would go against our beliefs if our livelihood was at stake, not just wealthy football players.

I think most of us would go against our beliefs if our livelihood was at stake, not just wealthy football players.

Us, unlike them, wouldn't have the fuck you money to do so. 90% of those players could quit tomorrow and still live like a king. They've got no excuse.

People should quit watching football because it's boring... not because of some anthem crap. 3 hours to watch 11 minutes of play.

Take up watching hockey instead. Way better.

How do you explain ratings dropping across all sports? How do you explain the NFL's ratings dropping before the protests started?

I live in NorCal and how do you explain a local bar that burned all of their NFL gear and stopped playing Monday Night Football for the first time in 38 years?

You are acting like people aren't pissed. You are acting like people aren't tuning out when they are.

The players that kneel don't have nothing to loose anyway, they are all going bankrupt as soon as they stop earning their salary. Very intelligent people indeed.

I live in NorCal and how do you explain a local bar that burned all of their NFL gear and stopped playing Monday Night Football for the first time in 38 years?

You are acting like people aren't pissed. You are acting like people aren't tuning out when they are.

Don't blame you for not answering my question. You have no explanation.

I realize you're angry and upset, but that doesn't mean you get to change facts and reality.

People should quit watching football because it's boring... not because of some anthem crap. 3 hours to watch 11 minutes of play.

82 games plus 2 months of playoffs.... yeeeeah. Good way to save time.

I can watch an entire season plus playoffs of my favorite NFL team in about 60 hours.

With hockey it would take 200+ hours.

STOP PLAYING SO MANY GAMES PLEASE

82 games plus 2 months of playoffs.... yeeeeah. Good way to save time.

I can watch an entire season plus playoffs of my favorite NFL team in about 60 hours.

With hockey it would take 200+ hours.

STOP PLAYING SO MANY GAMES PLEASE
Yeah it's a bit of an issue but I find as long as I watch at least a game a week I can keep up with the season. Then I watch a lot of play offs.
I miss the first period a lot during week day games because my kids and wife hi-jack the TV until about 8:30 at night.

When I stopped watching football it was because I had kids and didn't have an entire day to follow the sport. I'm usually busy during the days and being on the couch all day didn't work.

Hockey is an end of day thing for the most part. Turn it on at the end of the day before bed and watch some hockey. Way easier time wise to do that I find.

Always take the opportunity when people are killed to be snarky on the internet.

Yeah it's a bit of an issue but I find as long as I watch at least a game a week I can keep up with the season. Then I watch a lot of play offs.
I miss the first period a lot during week day games because my kids and wife hi-jack the TV until about 8:30 at night.

When I stopped watching football it was because I had kids and didn't have an entire day to follow the sport. I'm usually busy during the days and being on the couch all day didn't work.

Hockey is an end of day thing for the most part. Turn it on at the end of the day before bed and watch some hockey. Way easier time wise to do that I find.

I built a man cave, so leave me alone on Sunday wife and kids! It's wonderful.

Us, unlike them, wouldn't have the fuck you money to do so. 90% of those players could quit tomorrow and still live like a king. They've got no excuse.
Not really, most players go completely broke.
According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 78% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within twoyears of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association players go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.

Older stat but these guys don't know how to handle money.

In before someone replies with the original Goodell quote made before this correction as proof that they are.
Irrelevant. This is the formal, official stance the NFL has adopted.

Trump will never learn how to stop running his mouth.

Nice.

Watching hockey is about as interesting and gay as figure skating. I'd rather watch women's soccer, not even top tier shit, like B level college teams.

I live in San Diego(county) and we lost our team and the league at the same time for a clean break. It's like the NFL never existed here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back