Trump will stop prosecuting migrant parents with children

Do progressives acknowledge what shitty parents these people are?

I don’t think that could be further from the truth. He has endured absolute hatred from half the country and doubled down every time. I think this was a strategic retreat In a single battle to win the war later...however it’s one I don’t think he had to make.

Exactly. You and I think alike.

This is one battle that he will not win either way. He can regroup with his base later when he returns to a hardline policy but for now, he has to clean his general public image from the 24/7 coverage of him pushing kids into nazi ovens. The closeups of children are too damaging right now. Media went full steam with this farce.

The blame is with the parents, not the country with borders.

The blame is with the parents, not the country with borders.
Yes, blame parents for trying to flee Cartel ran dangerous livelihoods in squalor for a better life.

Conservatives are the most Un-Christian people in our country, ironically.

Yes, blame parents for trying to flee Cartel ran dangerous livelihoods in squalor for a better life.

Yeah, because they’re dishonest people who try to break into the country illegally and them fake asylum when caught. If you seek asylum honestly at the border entrance you may camp in squalor for a few weeks but you will be processed with your kids.

They could be fleeing from Satan himself, but there are rules. Few people are against legal immigration. Do it right. And you don’t have to stay in your hell hole when you do

No, we just put logic over emotions.

This news probably started a hundred new caravans.

No, we just put logic over emotions.
How is this logical? You're taking parents that are just looking to create a better life for their children, not doing anything malicious, and you're taking their kids and throwing them in cages while you federally prosecute them while not even having an infrastructure to manage it. What kind of logic is that?

Maybe you live in a cozy bubble, but I've grown up with kids that came to this country this same way from Mexico. I interact with these people on a daily basis. This shit is mad hysteria and you're scapegoating a group of people because of your own insecurities. Its disgusting, but it's typical of human nature unfortunately...

Yeah, because they’re dishonest people who try to break into the country illegally and them fake asylum when caught. If you seek asylum honestly at the border entrance you may camp in squalor for a few weeks but you will be processed with your kids.

They could be fleeing from Satan himself, but there are rules. Few people are against legal immigration. Do it right. And you don’t have to stay in your hell hole when you do
I think you are overestimating these immigrants abilities to have even remotely a clue of what that process is. These people are traveling on foot from villages, many dying in the process. The most difficult journey being all the way from El Salvador. I have friends that came up as children in the 80's during their Civil War when their were massive amounts of loss of life. At that time, it was legal for them to come into this country, now they would be criminals. People are just fucking fleeing man, their not "dishonest" their fucking scared.

Back