Trump will stop prosecuting migrant parents with children

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
WTF is this shit!? Trump disappoints.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-children-official-says/ar-AAyYaHZ?li=BBnb7Kz

BREAKING NEWS: Official: Trump administration will stop prosecuting migrant parents who cross border illegally. Click for more ...
AdChoices

AAxYc4g.img

Trump administration will stop prosecuting migrant parents who cross the border illegally with children, official says
Washington Post Staff
15 mins ago

AAyYwyz.img
© AP Photo/Richard Drew Two woman accompany children to the Cayuga Centers in New York, Thursday, June 21, 2018.
The dramatic about-face comes just one day after President Trump signed an executive order ending his administration’s widely denounced practice of separating families apprehended at the Mexico border.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Trump’s order said the government would maintain a “zero tolerance” policy toward those who break the law, but a senior U.S. official, when asked to explain how the federal government would change enforcement practices, told The Washington Post that Border Patrol agents have been instructed to stop sending parents with children to federal courthouses for prosecution.

“We’re suspending prosecutions of adults who are members of family units until ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) can accelerate resource capability to allow us to maintain custody,” the official said.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

Thank God he's come in to un-do that horrible law the Democrats put in.

Thank God he's come in to un-do that horrible law the Democrats put in.
No, that's not what the administration is saying. They are explicitly saying that they are not undoing the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy that you are pretending to be against but will soon pretend to support again. What they are doing is not prosecuting people until we have more family jails.

No, that's not what the administration is saying. They are explicitly saying that they are not undoing the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy that you are pretending to be against but will soon pretend to support again. What they are doing is not prosecuting people until we have more family jails.

I am 100% in favor of a 0 tolerance policy but that is not the point.

I understood that the "keeping the family separate" law was brought in under the Democrats. I thought that Trump was the hero in this story for reversing the law. Have I been lied to?

I understood that the "keeping the family separate" law was brought in under the Democrats. I thought that Trump was the hero in this story for reversing the law. Have I been lied to?
I think you've demonstrated that you are unauthorized to say what the point is, seeing as your post showed a complete and willful misunderstanding. You can take a crack at the next one.

Yes.

Just like when they told you that their hands were tied to change the policy and "only Congress could do that"... then, two days later, they changed the policy.

I think you've demonstrated that you are unauthorized to say what the point is, seeing as your post showed a complete and willful misunderstanding. You can take a crack at the next one.

They have suspended the arrests of members of family units. The families will be together.

What is it exactly that you want?

This is fun. Everybody's just feeling so many feelings right now, they should stage a big bipartisan orgy on the National Mall, let everybody work themselves through it all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-children-official-says/ar-AAyYaHZ?li=BBnb7Kz

BREAKING NEWS: Official: Trump administration will stop prosecuting migrant parents who cross border illegally. Click for more ...
AdChoices

AAxYc4g.img

Trump administration will stop prosecuting migrant parents who cross the border illegally with children, official says
Washington Post Staff
15 mins ago

AAyYwyz.img
© AP Photo/Richard Drew Two woman accompany children to the Cayuga Centers in New York, Thursday, June 21, 2018.
The dramatic about-face comes just one day after President Trump signed an executive order ending his administration’s widely denounced practice of separating families apprehended at the Mexico border.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Trump’s order said the government would maintain a “zero tolerance” policy toward those who break the law, but a senior U.S. official, when asked to explain how the federal government would change enforcement practices, told The Washington Post that Border Patrol agents have been instructed to stop sending parents with children to federal courthouses for prosecution.

“We’re suspending prosecutions of adults who are members of family units until ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) can accelerate resource capability to allow us to maintain custody,” the official said.

First, MSN should probably not report something like that unless this person speaking on "condition of anonymity" happens to be the Kierstjen Nielsen.

Second, assuming this is true, you have to read between the lines of such a policy position. Perhaps they have a mechanism in place to determine whether whether the adults are actually the "parents." Or perhaps CBP won't actually "refer" parents for prosecution but instead passively allow DOJ to make their own determinations. I understand there's a court order which limits the time minors may spend in custody with parents to 20 days, so perhaps they're working around that, e.g. by delaying the referral until the 20 days has elapsed, or something like that. Whatever the case, Liberals would be unwise to jazz their pants prematurely.

This is fun. Everybody's just feeling so many feelings right now, they should stage a big bipartisan orgy on the National Mall, let everybody work themselves through it all.
Imagine an orgy consisting of just members of the Senate and the House...really imagine it for a second..
<{CMPALM}>

Damn Trump turning full Marxist cuck.

Not sure why trump is letting this media farce dictate his stance on the border. His base wants him to maintain his hard stance.

Fk the republicans during the midterms. Lowlifes should have fixed issue long ago

Trump getting cucked by the mainstream media. Should have just came out and said "if you have kids, don't risk being separated from them by illegally crossing the border"

I wonder if this article is correct. If so, I'll be disappointed.

Trump needs to stick to his Zero-Tolerance policy and not make exceptions. Most asylum seekers do so as a family. If they get to stay, it should be only after going through the legal process.

From what it sounds like, they're leaving people with families alone until they're better equipped to handle them?

AdChoices

AAxYc4g.img

Washington Post Staff
15 mins ago

AAyYwyz.img

Officials at the DOJ are currently refuting this story.

So really, who knows right now.

Not sure why trump is letting this media farce dictate his stance on the border.

Because trump only cares about how he looks in the end, not about actual issues. Maybe now his base will see that.

Because trump only cares about how he looks in the end, not about actual issues. Maybe now his base will see that.

I don’t think that could be further from the truth. He has endured absolute hatred from half the country and doubled down every time. I think this was a strategic retreat In a single battle to win the war later...however it’s one I don’t think he had to make.

It depends what he does with them.

Detained and then sent back fine.

Turned lose in the country and a promise to show for court, fuck that and fuck Trump if he does that.

Back