Trump warns halting Saudi arms sales would hurt economy

Please.

We HAD to clear out a country that didn't even supply one 9/11 hijacker. o_O Afganistan had nothing to do with 9/11 other than Bin Laden living in it. Most of the people in Afganistan are struggling with living hand to mouth existences to give a shit what is happening on the other side of the planet.
Afghanistan was a haven for terrorist training camps. If you think they were Saudi funded, and many do, they were in Afghanistan. It was a great place to train, with tribal factions that would give terrorists shelter and in fact sheltered UBL, and refused to do anything to help after 9/11 wrt our demands that they send UBL packing.

They wouldn't, or couldn't, so we did. Because we had to and because we could.

Afghanistan was a haven for terrorist training camps. If you think they were Saudi funded, and many do, they were in Afghanistan. It was a great place to train, with tribal factions that would give terrorists shelter and in fact sheltered UBL, and refused to do anything to help after 9/11 wrt our demands that they send UBL packing.

They wouldn't, or couldn't, so we did. Because we had to and because we could.
If the war on terror is so successful, how come America's ally Saudi Arabia, that most likely have provided financial and logistical support to the Islamic state, al-Qaida, the Talibans, LeT, Hamas, al-Nusra, can go scot-free from the ordeal? They also continue to fund terrorists to this very day.

I guess it would be better to say that the war on terror is a success since "our terrorists" are the good guys.

If the war on terror is so successful, how come America's ally Saudi Arabia, that most likely have provided financial and logistical support to the Islamic state, al-Qaida, the Talibans, LeT, Hamas, al-Nusra, can go scot-free from the ordeal? They also continue to fund terrorists to this very day.

I guess it would be better to say that the war on terror is a success since "our terrorists" are the good guys.
Let me again ask a question that hasn't been addressed.
Why do you think there have been no successful attacks on US soil since the success of 9/11?
Did they just quit trying, or did it become easier to attack foreign targets and Americans abroad?

Let me again ask a question that hasn't been addressed.
Why do you think there have been no successful attacks on US soil since the success of 9/11?
Did they just quit trying, or did it become easier to attack foreign targets and Americans abroad?
It's of course harder for foreign terrorists to commit terror acts on American soil after 9/11 but much thanks to America, Europe suffers immensely from terrorism and many of the migration patterns to Europe stem from America's unjust wars in the Islamic world.

So you guys might be a little safer but the rest of the world? Not so much!

It means there is fixtures in Washington pumping this in his ear. That's the "industry" most closely related to the government, and they have too much influence. Saud has way too much influence.

His base needs to remind him where his loyalties should lie.
His base is happy as long as libruls is triggered!!

You can't really put this solely on Trump though, the democrats have been just as keen in their arms sales to SA.
This is true. However, the new Saudi crown prince, has changed the landscape a bit. While he is launching a massive PR campaign (Saudi 2030) to make Saudi Arabia seem more appealing to the west, he is committing atrocities in Yemen and actually killing political dissidents and journalists (rather than "just" imprisoning them, which had been the Saudi norm). I'm not defending the former arms sales to Saudis under any administration; I'm just pointing out why a backlash is gaining some traction now.

Last edited:
Donald Trump is the president

Hilary Clinton helped sign the largest arms deal in history with SA under Obama. The idea that turning a blind eye to Sandi crimes and arming them is purely an issue with Trump is badly misleading, its an issue with the whole political establishment.

It's of course harder for foreign terrorists to commit terror acts on American soil after 9/11 but much thanks to America, Europe suffers immensely from terrorism and many of the migration patterns to Europe stem from America's unjust wars in the Islamic world.

So you guys might be a little safer but the rest of the world? Not so much!
You avoid the question.
Why do you think there haven't been successful attacks in the US since 9/11?
They didn't lose their interest.

Hilary Clinton helped sign the largest arms deal in history with SA under Obama. The idea that turning a blind eye to Sandi crimes and arming them is purely an issue with Trump is badly misleading, its an issue with the whole political establishment.
Is anyone saying it's purely an issue with Trump? I'm noticing who has power now, and who is being SOFT AS FUCK on the world stage.

Is anyone saying it's purely an issue with Trump? I'm noticing who has power now, and who is being SOFT AS FUCK on the world stage.

The implication of a thread like this certainly seems to be that to me and you see quite a few replys along those lines.

Trump could get butt fucked by a Saudi Prince on Broadway and his base won’t care or will bring up Hillary.
The thing is the House of Saud knows 95% of the leadership in Washington DC will gladly accept their blood money. So they can kill journalist, commit atrocities in Yemen, and be the Worlds Largest sponsor of terrorism and those same US leaders that got paid will turn a blind eye to them being desert shit heads.

Last edited:
How are they scum?
Their country is one of the most oppressive in the world (especially for women) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia
They're a monarchy, completely lacking any sort of democracy.
They're one of the largest supporters of terrorism
During the "refugee" crisis they called on other countries to take in the economic migrants, while not taking any in themselves.
They funded building Wahhabi schools and Mosques all over Europe (in order to spread their hate filled ideology).

I would say the North Korea is a better place to live than SA if you're an average woman.

It’s the Onion but it could just as well be true...

You avoid the question.
Why do you think there haven't been successful attacks in the US since 9/11?
They didn't lose their interest.
Better vetting, stricter border control, surveillance, their donors steer them in a different direction to mention a few reasons.

Their country is one of the most oppressive in the world (especially for women) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia
They're one of the largest supporters of terrorism
During the "refugee" crisis they called on other countries to take in the economic migrants, while not taking any in themselves.
They funded building Wahhabi schools and Mosques all over Europe (in order to spread their hate filled ideology).

I would say the North Korea is a better place to live than SA if you're an average woman.

Their country is one of the most oppressive in the world (especially for women) -

Feminists don't seem to attack them, they must be doing something right.

So is the UK.

They sound intelligent. I think you're just mad that your country didn't do the same.

Again, they sound intelligent and seem to have an effective plan of spreading their culture and ideas. What was the US's plan?? Bombing innocents into liking us?

would say the North Korea is a better place to live than SA if you're an average woman.

Lol, their women don't seem to complain half as much as our women do. Maybe they are doing something right?

So the UK is a monarchy completely lacking sort of democracy despite their monarchy being near completely powerless and their government run by democratically elected individuals?

They sound intelligent. I think you're just mad that your country didn't do the same.

Again, they sound intelligent and seem to have an effective plan of spreading their culture and ideas. What was the US's plan?? Bombing innocents into liking us?

Wow.. I am at a loss for words at level of mental gymnastics.

Back