Trump wants to privatize USPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
dude, i can show you a plethora of legit sources that show the reasons why the USPS is losing out -- show me one peer reviewed sources that backs your claim.

That initiative was pushed by potter, Henderson and ruyon for years -- the reason it bit them in the ass was because they didnt expect fedex, ups and the digital age to cut them out. Theres a reason Obama kept it in tact, only rescheduling the per employee pay scale to differentiate from other federal agencies.

Peer reviews, I don't have any.

I'd like to see the USPS adopt a more European model. When I was living in Germany, you had a speeding ticket? Pay it at the post office, You want to open a bank account? Go to the post office. You want to pay your utility bills? Go to the post office.

That pre-funding for retirements that was hung on the USPS was 100% bullplop.

You do realize that they aren't doing it though?

As a part of this, the USPS' latest $4.1 billion in unpaid employee retirement related expenses are factored into their losses. The Postal Service, however is not making these payments, which ultimately leaves this amount added to their $121 billion in unfunded liabilities that the Government Accountability Office reported on earlier this year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevep...e-loss-for-the-2017-fiscal-year/#339759f67f79

Let's get rid of the pre-funding and see what happens.

I'd like to see the USPS adopt a more European model. When I was living in Germany, you had a speeding ticket? Pay it at the post office, You want to open a bank account? Go to the post office. You want to pay your utility bills? Go to the post office.

how long ago was that? Ironically europe has been privatizing postal services more and more since '11

That bank account shit might not be to far off in the future

As it should be. I dont see why mail delivery is so special. Maybe emails should be under a federal institution too.

Appropriation bills, budgets. Is the USPS in there?
Forgetting the actual tax dollars they get already
To fund this change they want it’ll take tax dollars
Look up the laws on mail delivery that keepthem around at all as it is

They Turn a profit and we (tax payers) end up funding the pension plan in the future.

So...

They'll be just like everything else in the government.

what private company will track and organize street names? box numbers? none of them.

usps isnt going anywhere.

Why not just go by block and Lot numbers? The dept of transportation can handle the street naming. Or you can just have a government agency handle the tracking and organization of mailing addresses, that everyone has to follow.

Wouldn't this requires an amendment to the Constitution?

USPS has 11 straight years of financial loss - last year alone to the tune of nearly 3 billion. The "its 2018" argument holds water here as there are better options, either they need to drastically overhaul it to patch up its severe leaks or cut it loose.
The lion share of their shortcomings come from pensions.

Who needs good wages, benefits, pensions... all that stuff is for cucks!
I am definitely all for that
Thing is post offices are unsustainable world wide. Look at Germany and Japan , they both privatized them. Middle class jobs at the expense of tax dollar usage isn't a real reason imho

BS, the USPS is miles better than their private alternatives. It's cheaper, compensates their employees WAY better, and generally has better employees for it.

UPS and FEDEX workers are the worst! they treat your packages like crap, and don't care because they see the job as just temporary. USPS workers are usually in it for life and have far more respect for their job and their customers.
I have a lot of friends who have worked as UPS drivers and they all most all say the same most never worked more then 3 months before they moved on.

Forgetting the actual tax dollars they get already
To fund this change they want it’ll take tax dollars
Look up the laws on mail delivery that keepthem around at all as it is
What tax dollars do they get? I’m familiar with the laws around mail delivery.

So some stranger won't drop garbage on my doorstep and say "here, throw this out for me".

Oh God i must tell about a postal experience as an EBAYER

I took a package into the post office in Raymore, a town a few miles north of my town. Was all packaged up, label, box, everything. I went there because I was shopping at the Wally World that day. The lady told me the package was too big for First Class Package under 16 ounces. I told her that I ship packages every day as first class under 16 ounces at my local post office and she told me "THEN GO TAKE IT TO YOUR POST OFFICE."

I took it to my post office and Amanda the manager gladly accepted it and i went about my day.

Back