Trump tweets lies during hearing; Is proven a liar during hearing

P4p Islam

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Such winning, much truth.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/lie-james-comey-donald-trump-russia-tweet/1994/ Source

Today’s House Intelligence Committee hearings on Donald Trump and Russia served as a display of the immediacy of modern communication. After FBI Director James Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers testified that Russia tried to influence the election in Trump’s favor, Trump essentially tweeted that they’d said the opposite. But that allowed the Democrats on the committee to read Trump’s tweet back to Comey, who then refuted it.

Donald Trump tweeted the following false claim at 12:42pm eastern time: “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.” But just an hour later, while the heads of the NSA and FBI were still testifying, Democratic Congressman Jim Himes read the tweet aloud for them. Comey initially tried to avoid calling his boss Trump a lair by quipping “I haven’t been following anyone on Twitter while I’ve bee sitting here,” prompting Rogers to laugh. Himes then read Trump’s tweet aloud again for emphasis.

At that point James Comey refuted Donald Trump’s tweet: “We’ve offered no opinion, have no view, have no information on potential impact because it’s never something that we looked at.” This means that not only did Comey refute Trump’s earlier false claim about an Obama wiretap during his testimony today, Comey also refuted the false claim that Trump had tweeted while Comey was testifying. This came after MSNBC had already shot down the Trump tweet in a real time sidebar graphic earlier in Comey’s testimony.

James Comey confirmed during his testimony today that the FBI is currently investigating Russia’s attempt at rigging the election, as well as investigating the role that the Trump campaign played in Russia’s meddling. Trump is surely fuming right now, but it’s unlikely that he has the stones to fire Comey or he’d have done it by now.

Been laughing about this all day.

If Trump wasn't born rich, he'd be a homeless man shouting at the sky.

He looks like an asshole tweeting about this while it's going on. He should probably thank Comey for his service.

Doesn't matter, Trump fans are in denial.

I'm still waiting for somebody to show me how Russia influenced the election. Seems that Trump said that the key intelligence officials have said that there is no evidence thereof. All the intelligence officials have said at this point is that Russia tried to influence things but whether they did and whether there was any actual collusion is another thing altogether.

It seems that Trump may actually be correct and MSNBC is misreporting his tweets.

Don't be so insensitive, Trump suffers from a severe case of foot in mouth disease.

Such winning, much truth.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/lie-james-comey-donald-trump-russia-tweet/1994/ Source

Today’s House Intelligence Committee hearings on Donald Trump and Russia served as a display of the immediacy of modern communication. After FBI Director James Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers testified that Russia tried to influence the election in Trump’s favor, Trump essentially tweeted that they’d said the opposite. But that allowed the Democrats on the committee to read Trump’s tweet back to Comey, who then refuted it.

Donald Trump tweeted the following false claim at 12:42pm eastern time: “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.” But just an hour later, while the heads of the NSA and FBI were still testifying, Democratic Congressman Jim Himes read the tweet aloud for them. Comey initially tried to avoid calling his boss Trump a lair by quipping “I haven’t been following anyone on Twitter while I’ve bee sitting here,” prompting Rogers to laugh. Himes then read Trump’s tweet aloud again for emphasis.

At that point James Comey refuted Donald Trump’s tweet: “We’ve offered no opinion, have no view, have no information on potential impact because it’s never something that we looked at.” This means that not only did Comey refute Trump’s earlier false claim about an Obama wiretap during his testimony today, Comey also refuted the false claim that Trump had tweeted while Comey was testifying. This came after MSNBC had already shot down the Trump tweet in a real time sidebar graphic earlier in Comey’s testimony.

James Comey confirmed during his testimony today that the FBI is currently investigating Russia’s attempt at rigging the election, as well as investigating the role that the Trump campaign played in Russia’s meddling. Trump is surely fuming right now, but it’s unlikely that he has the stones to fire Comey or he’d have done it by now.
So?. I hope he lies more and gets away with it..one look at your av tells me all i need to know about you...

I'm still waiting for somebody to show me how Russia influenced the election. Seems that Trump said that the key intelligence officials have said that there is no evidence thereof. All the intelligence officials have said at this point is that Russia tried to influence things but whether they did and whether there was any actual collusion is another thing altogether.

It seems that Trump may actually be correct and MSNBC is misreporting his tweets.
Are you fucking high? The tweets are there, in English.

tys7xr5.jpg

I'd be more surprised if Trump told the truth at this point.

That was pretty bad. We're having a hearing on a lie he's told and then he's telling a lie about the hearing on the lie he's told.

And in the process of pointing out that he told a lie, we have a sidebar to point out a lie about pointing out the earlier lie.

Even if the diehards cling to his nuts, he's cratering his international respectability.

"...FBI Director James Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers testified that Russia tried to influence the election..."

Trump's statement was that "Russia did not influence electoral process.."

These two statements are not necessarily in opposition. This shitty writer is treating "tried to" as "did in fact influence". Obviously he has some agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty bad. We're having a hearing on a lie he's told and then he's telling a lie about the hearing on the lie he's told.

And in the process of pointing out that he told a lie, we have a sidebar to point out a lie about pointing out the earlier lie.

Even if the diehards cling to his nuts, he's cratering his international respectability.
It's a clown car of gaffes and idiocy. More shit just keeps piling out, whistles going off, silly horns blowing and confetti all over the place.

But since the hearing was still going on, a congressman got wind of this tweet so asked Comey, still there and under oath if he in fact said what Trump tweeted he said -

Rep. Nunes was specifically asking about vote tabulations being changed - very specific question, not an overall question of "influencing electoral process". Trump is trying to infer something that simply wasn't asked.

(I doubt this was Trump live tweeting simply because I highly doubt he knows how to add vids to his tweets. More than likely a staffer. )

Yes they are. Get back to when there is reported evidence of actual influence and then actual collusion by POTUS and his team.

I wonder if this feels like as big a 'gotcha' moment for the left as the MLK bust or the golden showers with Russian hookers?

But since the hearing was still going on, a congressman got wind of this tweet so asked Comey, still there and under oath if he in fact said what Trump tweeted he said -

Rep. Nunes was specifically asking about vote tabulations being changed - very specific question, not an overall question of "influencing electoral process". Trump is trying to infer something that simply wasn't asked.

(I doubt this was Trump live tweeting simply because I highly doubt he knows how to add vids to his tweets. More than likely a staffer. )

So at this point there is a total absence of evidence that Russia influenced the election result.

Ok thanks

I've finally settled on the theme music for this administration

Back