"Trump Troubadour": "I Don't Play Trump Songs Anymore"

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
170316162941-02-opioid-trump-supporter-betrayed-exlarge-169.jpg

Last year, Kraig Moss sold the equipment for his construction business in upstate New York and stopped making mortgage payments so he could follow Donald Trump on the campaign trail.
The amateur country crooner sang pro-Trump ditties while strumming a guitar emblazoned with Trump campaign stickers, earning him the moniker "Trump Troubadour."
International media dubbed him "the voice of unheard America."

But now, Moss refuses to play the guitar with the Trump decorations. He's soured on the President because of the newly proposed Republican health care bill. That legislation, which the president supports, could result in dramatic cuts in addiction treatment services.
Three years ago, Moss found his son, Rob, dead in his bed from a heroin overdose. He was 24.
"The bill is an absolute betrayal of what Trump represented on the campaign trail," he said. "I feel betrayed."

Several times on the campaign trail, Trump vowed to increase services for people facing addiction.
"We will help all of those people so seriously addicted. We'll get them assistance," he told the crowd at a campaign event in New Hampshire in October.
Moss trusted Trump.
"I truly believe from the heart that (Trump) is going to do everything he can. He's going to create treatment centers for the kids," he said last year.

But last week, Moss read about the proposed American Health Care Act. The Republican bill would end the Obamacare requirement that addiction services and mental health treatment be covered under Medicaid in the 31 states that expanded the health care program -- which include Moss' home state of New York.
"This bill would devastate efforts to address the opioid crisis," said Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, director of the Bloomberg American Health Initiative at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "There's no question this legislation in the House of Representatives would cost American lives."
At a CNN town hall event last week, Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price was asked about the bill's provisions for opioid treatment.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/health/opioid-trump-supporter-medicaid-health-care-reform/index.html

Get ready for 983,739 stories like this.

Health Care Plan Championed By Trump Hurts Counties That Voted For Him
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/22/52031...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170322

"The bill is an absolute betrayal of what Trump represented on the campaign trail"

If you think trump represented a guarantee of more health services, you are a fucking moran!!!!!!

"The bill is an absolute betrayal of what Trump represented on the campaign trail"

If you think trump represented a guarantee of more health services, you are a fucking moran!!!!!!
You mean, if you believed Trump, you were a moron? I concur. Glad we are on the same page.
"We will help all of those people so seriously addicted. We'll get them assistance."
Donald Trump, New Hampshire, October 2016

He detailed it out greatly. He said there would be a great plan, a beautiful plan that people will love. You would like it bigly.

How can't you get behind that?

You mean, if you believed Trump, you were a moron? I concur. Glad we are on the same page.

Donald Trump, New Hampshire, October 2016

Well that is true but my point is that he was a walking ball of contradictions and poorly detailed proposals, so people read whatever they wanted into him.

He detailed it out greatly. He said there would be a great plan, a beautiful plan that people will love. You would like it bigly.

How can't you get behind that?

Exactly

Maybe he and I can start up a band. I'll play the world's smallest violin for him.

Sure ,don't read trumps quotes in op or anything....

GYhQN.gif

There was a couple more stories of Trump supporters regretting voting for him but I can't find them now.

Is this really newsworthy? We saw this with Obama, too, with people who were crazy passionate about him coming to regret voting for him later for one reason or another.

Despite everyone knowing not to trust politicians, and despite all politicians claiming they're different from other politicians, they're not different and people always trust them.

Is this really newsworthy? We saw this with Obama, too, with people who were crazy passionate about him coming to regret voting for him later for one reason or another.

Despite everyone knowing not to trust politicians, and despite all politicians claiming they're different from other politicians, they're not different and people always trust them.
True but the difference between Trump supporters and pretty much any other group of supporters for a politician is the levels of obnoxiousness and cringe. Very sad.

Last edited:
Sure ,don't read trumps quotes in op or anything....

GYhQN.gif

Are you the kid smashing into the table?

Because if you believed anything Trump had to say on the campaign trail with regards to health care then you are a bigger idiot than that country bumpkin guitar playing crack daddy.

No offense of course :).

This one incident is not that newsworthy, but I think it's worth it to see how many core supporters stay with trump.

Obama's issue was that he was not liberal enough. That pissed off some and made others (like me) happy.

But at the end of the day his coalition held.

Trump had a diff dynamic at play. His coalition is based around disillusionment with the status quo and identity, backed up by go team estabslishment republicans.

His coalition is much more difficult to maintain (it's not as logical as we saw with health care) but his core is arguably more fanatical than obama's or at least more immune to ideological transgressions (they don't care if trump is not conservative enough as long as the identity horn keeps blowing).

All this say, given his coalition is bizarre and vote advantage is tiny, we should be keeping an eye on this aspect of his support.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back