Trump tries to borrow Van Gogh painting from Guggenheim; they offer him gold toilet called "America"

it amazes me how the blatant disrespect of the office is so rampant these days. no matter what you think of Trump, at least respect the office. Could you imagine the shitstorm that would have happened had someone done the same to Obama? this isnt joebob from west virginia being mean to obama on twitter. its a frigging major American museum and people just laugh it off.

I made a mistake of going to a museum once. Contemporary art is garbage. And garbage is literally contemporary art in many cases.

Contemporary art is literally just used for money laundering. Have some random tin can sell for $100K, or a painting that literally looks like a toddler threw paint at a board.

The culture and sophistication of a Trumptard. lol. Way to be a stereotype Bubbah

it amazes me how the blatant disrespect of the office is so rampant these days. no matter what you think of Trump, at least respect the office. Could you imagine the shitstorm that would have happened had someone done the same to Obama? this isnt joebob from west virginia being mean to obama on twitter. its a frigging major American museum and people just laugh it off.

Lol. Like the Cheeto-in-chief shows any respect for the office. It´s an episode of robot chicken by now. Obama wouldn´t have been retarded enough to try this stupid shit.

lol Trump is the source of the blatant disrespect of the office. Be mad at him for lowering the bar for everyone else.

Not really surprising.
Americans are aware of the impact electing Trump has had on global opinions, right?
It's like you elected a '90s stereotype of the "ugly American".

PG_2017.06.26.US_Image-00-2.png

The art museum here in Portland has "The Ox Cart" and it's absolutely brilliant. for some reason it's hung off to the side and completely eclipsed by a gigantic Monet. But it's hands down the most impactful piece (for me) in the entire place.

I remember seeing that painting in Portland in like 2014. I just stared, with goosebumps. Rarely does art make me not even think about it like that.

lol Trump is the source of the blatant disrespect of the office. Be mad at him for lowering the bar for everyone else.
ie. "i dont like him, therefore its ok to shit all over him."

You dont have to like the guy, as I said. But they should have just politely declined as iwould be the proper thing to do.

and as i said before, it didnt matter who was President. If they had been a Republican, this would all be happening still. Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, it doesn't matter. They would all be horrible people worthy of or scorn and disrespect

This is the mind of a dumb right winger in a nutshell.

Has no capacity to understand art or it’s different genres, how they came about or what things mean.

This person can’t even comprehend contemporary art comes in many different styles, shapes and sizes.

This is one type contemporary art. Perhaps you think a toddler could paint this as well.
2017_SHA_14818_0222_000.jpg

Then you have pop art, things like Andy Warhol which is just another version of contemporary art. Or perhaps Van Gogh

This is the disdain right wingers have for the arts. They hate the arts with a burning passion. They hate anything that pertains to the artistic aspect of a culture.

But keep telling us how it’s just a big money laundering scam
Also, if he means "contemporary art" in the literal sense, there are so many artists who are easily accessible via the internet you could visit and enjoy. A lot of them paint "classical" paintings, so why cry all the time?

He should take a dump in it then return it. <20>

I got to admit, that while Trump is a douche, I don't think the Guggenheim should have done this. It is disrespectful and makes them look childish.

This is the mind of a dumb right winger in a nutshell.

Has no capacity to understand art or it’s different genres, how they came about or what things mean.

This person can’t even comprehend contemporary art comes in many different styles, shapes and sizes.

This is one type contemporary art. Perhaps you think a toddler could paint this as well.
2017_SHA_14818_0222_000.jpg

Then you have pop art, things like Andy Warhol which is just another version of contemporary art. Or perhaps Van Gogh

This is the disdain right wingers have for the arts. They hate the arts with a burning passion. They hate anything that pertains to the artistic aspect of a culture.

But keep telling us how it’s just a big money laundering scam

I'm thinking Kong does contemporary art. Perhaps that explains his garbage ass posting.

Of course they don't want burger grease stains on a van Gogh.

The way the left are acting like bratty children throwing a years long tantrum is really pathetic. They just can't take an L and shake hands afterwards like an adult.

The way the left are acting like bratty children throwing a years long tantrum is really pathetic. They just can't take an L and shake hands afterwards like an adult.

Well still a long ways to go before they catch up to the 8 years of republican whining that just ended.

Well still a long ways to go before they catch up to the 8 years of republican whining that just ended.
We never whined like this or denied the President basic respect. We took our L and hoped for the best. And this post of yours proves my point. You're a facking child throwing a tantrum.

I made a mistake of going to a museum once. Contemporary art is garbage. And garbage is literally contemporary art in many cases.

Contemporary art is literally just used for money laundering. Have some random tin can sell for $100K, or a painting that literally looks like a toddler threw paint at a board.
You literally don't understand contemporary art, and I doubt very much art at all. You've clearly never studied art.

"But I know what I like"

Yeah.. He gets a lot of disrespect as president. His message of Americans first, and efforts to not put other countries economic interests ahead of our own doesn't really deserve all the disrespect.

Back