UPDATE 3/6/18: Trump to RE-re-allow imports of African elephant trophies for cronies (case-by-case)

You clearly haven't read this thread. The real facts behind this subject have been outlined and I believe it's been debated at length in other threads of the past. As much as I hate to say it, these policies have been proven to help endangered species. It's not some slight of hand trick, it's fact.

I still don't like trophy hunting and I would rather see the funding for conservation raised in another way, but this has been proven to be effective.

But Hillary....

You're the one that sounds emo LOL

I will not knowingly contribute to the destruction of a threatened species especially one as magnificent elephants You see I have morals

Do I? How's that?

Me neither. Don't fall off your high-horse. :p

But you're an idiot.
I discuss the topic at hand without deflecting.

Not sure how Hillary's want for a no-fly zone over Syria or her feelings over the death of Ghaddafi relate to Trump now allowing endangered animals being sold/traded.

Unless, of course, we're deflecting with the usual, "But Hillary".

Should have gone with "But Teddy". But Teddy is not quite as in style with the venom of the right these days.

Yeah, we weren't on the same page. I know next to nothing about turkeys; my questions regarding them are genuine, not rhetorical. The article you're linking me says, "By the 1950s, biologists had developed a special type of cannon-propelled net that allowed scientists to catch groups of wild turkeys more effectively, to relocate them to new areas, he added. Since then, the bird has slowly made its way back." It's saying the wild turkey was saved by the conservation efforts of scientists, not people who were incentivized by turkey hunting.

If you check into it more they relocated to private land and most of those land owners are hunters themselves. Also much of it was paid for by hunting fees.

The TS really thinks this was stopping elephants from getting killed regardless.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Zinke said in a September statement in which he announced that the arcade game Big Buck Hunter would be temporarily installed in the department’s headquarters.

this is like Onion trolling levels

Contrary to the opinion of some, the elephant is not endangered and in fact several countries of Southern Africa have been forced to institute culling operations to keep their numbers in balance."

where are you getting this info from? African elephants are labeled vulnerable and Asian ones are endangered.

I don't know if this has any effect at all on the amount of elephants killed, and it's always pointed out in these threads that if everything is done legally the hunters are actually paying for the conservation of the land bla bla etc. So I don't know if this is really some terrible thing to do or not. I just don't fuckin like guys who do shit like that, go over to Africa to shoot elephants and lions and shit and pose with their dead bodies. It comes off as really creepy and I wouldn't want to know people like that. I don't like to see people like that get rewarded but it figures that Trump would sign this because he's only for the wealthy.

I don't know if this has any effect at all on the amount of elephants killed, and it's always pointed out in these threads that if everything is done legally the hunters are actually paying for the conservation of the land bla bla etc. So I don't know if this is really some terrible thing to do or not. I just don't fuckin like guys who do shit like that, go over to Africa to shoot elephants and lions and shit and pose with their dead bodies. It comes off as really creepy and I wouldn't want to know people like that. I don't like to see people like that get rewarded but it figures that Trump would sign this because he's only for the wealthy.

What if there's no posing? will it make a difference to you? It seems you're coming from an emotional standpoint. People keep thinking from an emotional standpoint that these majestic elephants belong to the world and the hunters taking them away for themselves so there's less elephants for the world to enjoy.... News flash: these elephants belong to the countries that are starving and they can do whatever they want. Given the choice between dead elephants and dead people, they have to go with the most practical and moral one: humans first.

Easy for your well fed selves to be sitting by a computer to judge right and wrong. But until you actually live in those countries and see how desperate things are, you can't tell them what they should do with their own resources for survival.

What if there's no posing? will it make a difference to you? It seems you're coming from an emotional standpoint. People keep thinking from an emotional standpoint that these majestic elephants belong to the world and the hunters taking them away for themselves so there's less elephants for the world to enjoy.... News flash: these elephants belong to the countries that are starving and they can do whatever they want. Given the choice between dead elephants and dead people, they have to go with the most practical and moral one: humans first.

Easy for your well fed selves to be sitting by a computer to judge right and wrong. But until you actually live in those countries and see how desperate things are, you can't tell them what they should do with their own resources for survival.

No idea where you're going with this. Yes I'm coming from an emotional standpoint, I made that very clear in my post. I said nothing about the people living in those countries, and I never said that I think those trophy hunts should be outlawed. I said I don't like those rich fucks who go over there to go on them, and I don't like to see them get what they want from policy makers - I admit this is purely emotional. I don't like picks like that and I'll never understand their mindset. Wanting to go kill an exotic animal for no good reason, to me it would be like cutting down an old, majestic tree just so you can say that you did. Or finding some old building or church or whatever, some historical piece of architecture, and then demolishing it just so you can take pics amid the rubble.

No idea where you're going with this. Yes I'm coming from an emotional standpoint, I made that very clear in my post. I said nothing about the people living in those countries, and I never said that I think those trophy hunts should be outlawed. I said I don't like those rich fucks who go over there to go on them, and I don't like to see them get what they want from policy makers - I admit this is purely emotional. I don't like picks like that and I'll never understand their mindset. Wanting to go kill an exotic animal for no good reason, to me it would be like cutting down an old, majestic tree just so you can say that you did. Or finding some old building or church or whatever, some historical piece of architecture, and then demolishing it just so you can take pics amid the rubble.

Yeah, I get emotional about it as well.
There was a video/picture of a baby elephant on fire.
We should be bombing whoever did that shit.

I'd comment on this thread but I'd probably get banned.

Trump is a scumbag.

I believe a living creature that can drive a vehicle should not be killed.

product_other-20110809-1452149.jpg

51_big.jpg

<mma4>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand hunting at all. If it's for food, fine go for it. But I got a jillion deer in my neighborhood and people shoot them. I could walk up to one and choke it out any Tuesday morning.

Once again. If you're hungry or just sick of them, fine. But don't tell me it's sport when I could beat one to death any Tuesday.

How long until I can order an elephant head from amazon?

Back