Trump to NATO: "Germany is totally controlled by Russia"

Relax homey. I left work and just got home. Been working late hours lately. Gonna look for some food and clean up a bit. Reply with the post in particular and I’ll answer when I am ready. I assure I would never dodge u on purpose. Especially when u asked so nicely.

Might take a while. Gonna relax..

What post? Not sure which one u talking about. Link? Not digging through thread or forum for it,

Trump says Germany
“Is totally controlled by Russia”

Not really a case of
“The pot calling the kettle black”,

More a case of
“The pot calling the highly polished silver spoon black,”

The spoons response might be
“No Mr Pot! That's your own reflection you are seeing!”

Of course Nord Stream 2 would increase the amount of European (and specifically German) reliance on Russia fossil fuel exports.
It would also allow Russia to avoid using the current pipeline through the Ukraine, propping up their expansion there.
...and of course Trump would much rather that Europe turn to the US for their LNG.
It's all business as usual.

Nailed it.

Isn't amusing that Trump somehow got his detractors to dispute the undeniable fact that Germany is overly reliant on Russia for their energy needs?

I mean, I'm pretty sure the guy who created this abysmal thread have access to the same worldwide web as we do and can see the same charts and data on Germany's energy imports. To deny that Germany isn't beholden to Russian oil and gas now is like saying the U.S wasn't beholden to OPEC in the 90s.

Germany is Europe's biggest natural gas consumer, and its demand is expected to rise by about 1 percent over the next five years as it phases out its fleet of nuclear power plants by 2022, according to the International Energy Agency.

Germany is heavily reliant on Russia for natural gas. Russia provided between 50 percent and 75 percent of Germany's gas imports in 2017, according to Eurostat, the European Commission's statistics arm. Germany turned to Russia for roughly half of its oil imports last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/beh...ia-to-germany-gas-pipeline-that-fueled-t.html

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as a strategic coal reserve? A strategic nuclear reserve? A strategic solar reserve? There IS a strategic oil reserve for a reason. Also why China is filling up tankers with oil. They are hoarding oil too.

Yes, we stockpile large amounts of raw nuclear materials (plutonium and uranium.)
Power plants maintain a 2-3 month supply of coal.
Solar? No. If only batteries were more efficient.

I really dislike how Trump says "billions".

Back