Trump to Meet KJU

There is no such thing as guaranteed security. Not to point to many fingers at Trump but his stance of undoing everything Obama did in his 8 years doesn't help to guarantee any position.

It’s a sad day in America when we can go from a possible nuclear war to a sit down and half of you are bitter about it.

I'd say people are cynical if anything, not bitter. You must not history much but I understand, the world for you started when Trump got into office.

This is a wild development and I can't wait to learn of the logistics of this meeting. My money is on the meeting not occurring.

Sorry but there's no way for the anti-Trumpers to spin this. South Korea stated that Trump's actions led them to this point. Trump played chicken with a brutal, unpredictable dictator with nuclear arms and he won. KJU tapped out quicker than Shannon Ritch.

Everyone said Trump's actions would lead to a nuclear holocaust, but now this has been a CLEAR victory for Trump. He should be up for a Nobel Peace Prize if this happens.

giphy.gif

A bit early for the victory lap? I guess you don't history much either. Until the meeting happens and a deal is inked this is all bluster and deflection.

I will give it to Trump that he is doing the opposite of what every other Administration has done before him in the hopes of getting a different result. That is at least admirable as he could just keep status quo and move on.

Maybe that "twitter trolling" scared SK into negotiating with NK, scared Trump might preemptively bomb NK and then have NK bomb Seoul into the stone age killing millions.

NK leaders have been wanting the credibility that a meeting with a U.S. president brings for at least a couple of decades. The unusual thing here isn't the offer but the acceptance.

Liberals in this thread are just salty because panzy-ass Obama couldn't achieve anything in his 8 years, while President Trump has Kim commited to denuclearization in a matter of months.

wth are they going to talk about? whats the goal?

i suspect both just want the photo op, and to show their citizens how theyre protecting them from the bad guy. neither actually has any real policies theyre pursuing with this meeting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...han-nobel-prize-tom-nichols-column/409792002/

I've seen many articles like this and it's very concerning. The headline is excellent. It helps to maintain and grow the narrative that we are all in danger so long as Trump is at the helm. However, in the very first paragraph, we get this gem:

"If it works, and Trump actually succeeds in beginning the denuclearization of North Korea, he will be far worthier of the Nobel Peace Prize than Barack Obama ever was."

This kind of conjecture is extremely dangerous to the narrative. There is a slim possibility that Trump is actually able to broker some kind of a peace deal. If this happens, and the narrative has hyped such a deal up to be an all-time foreign policy success, the results could be catastrophic for 2018. We can't give these people a fucking inch.

It's amazing, after so many months if principled and disciplined journalism that the Real Media could allow this to turn into a potential win for Trump. I'll say it again, a narrative must be crafted tying this entire meeting to Russia and some kind kind of Russian connection needs to made before this meeting can take place.

Last edited:
Interesting piece by Tom Nichols here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...han-nobel-prize-tom-nichols-column/409792002/

He believes this is probably a trap and will likely result in a foreign diplomacy disaster, but does leave open the possibility of success (near zero though) and thinks stalling war is a good thing, which this probably does accomplish.

Edit: Didn't see the post above this one which linked the same article.

I've seen many articles like this and it's very concerning. The headline is excellent. It helps to maintain and grow the narrative that we are all in danger so long as Trump is at the helm. However, in the very first paragraph, we get this gem:

This kind of conjecture is extremely dangerous to the narrative. There is a slim possibility that Trump is actually able to broker some kind of a peace deal. If this happens, and the narrative has drummed such a deal up to be an all-time foreign policy success, the results could be catastrophic for 2018. We can't give these people a fucking inch.

It's amazing, after so many months if principled and disciplined journalism that the Real Media could allow this to turn into a potential win for Trump. I'll say it again, a narrative must be crafted tying this entire meeting to Russia and some kind kind of Russian connection needs to made before this meeting can take place.
People need to read the piece because the small part you carved out takes it out of context. He puts the odds of success at near zero and that it's far more likely to turn into a disaster. I mean look at the title of the article!

I do agree with some of the key points of your post though.

People need to read the piece because the small part you carved out takes it out of context. He puts the odds of success at near zero and that it's far more likely to turn into a disaster.

I acknowledged that the article does an exemplary job at continuing the "fear" and narrative. But to say that any outcome would be a success for Trump is completely irresponsible. No member of the Real Media should correlate any type of success here with a Trump victory.

I acknowledged that the article does an exemplary job at continuing the "fear" and narrative. But to say that any outcome would be a success for Trump is completely irresponsible. No member of the Real Media should correlate any type of success here with a Trump victory.
I agree with your last sentence and your main point, which is that it is dangerous for the media to present this as a win. It's a meeting and can go terribly wrong, aside from the fact it can get canceled all together.

I don't have a problem with the piece because he puts the odds at success at near zero, doesn't think the meeting should happen (lays out his reasons) and is concerned this gives NK legitimacy and propaganda tools. I really don't have a problem with adding that the near zero chance it works would be a massive success.

But I think I mostly agree with your view here.

Sorry but there's no way for the anti-Trumpers to spin this. South Korea stated that Trump's actions led them to this point. Trump played chicken with a brutal, unpredictable dictator with nuclear arms and he won. KJU tapped out quicker than Shannon Ritch.

Everyone said Trump's actions would lead to a nuclear holocaust, but now this has been a CLEAR victory for Trump. He should be up for a Nobel Peace Prize if this happens.

giphy.gif

How has he "won" exactly here? Agreeing to a meeting does not at all mean that North Korea is going to give up their nuclear weapons/nuclear capability. It seems like a very odd conclusion to draw.

Liberals in this thread are just salty because panzy-ass Obama couldn't achieve anything in his 8 years, while President Trump has Kim commited to denuclearization in a matter of months.

How has Kim been committed to denuclearization ?

I feel like it should be pointed out that we don't currently have an Ambassador to South Korea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back