Trump to Meet KJU

You’re not a terrible poster.

Except in the case of US race relations. You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Other than that you deserve the likes (that’s not to say I agree with everything, which is to be expected).
tenor.gif

<TrumpWrong1>

The "like" system wasn't implemented when @Cake4Breakfast started out in 2008.

However, by your metric, I am a GOD compared to you and you should bow before my post to like ratio. I am now an expert on foreign policy because people on the internet like my posts.

Will you sign my mouse pad, Mr. Tonni, sir?:D

th

When Obama was running for President in 2008, he said he would meet with foreign dictators of enemy nations without pre-conditions. The rightwing press roundly attacked him for it.

-----

After President Donald Trump’s surprise announcement on Thursday that he had agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, some conservatives wondered why they were abandoning the position they took with President Barack Obama.

Obama’s comments in 2008 and 2009 about talking to strong men “without preconditions,” and his efforts to work with both North Korea and Cuba’s communist governments were greeted by conservatives with scorn. So it seemed odd to some on the right that Trump doing the same was being fêted as a victory for American foreign policy.

“I’m not certain why meeting with Kim without preconditions is suddenly a grand coup when we would have gone nuts had Obama done the same,” said conservative pundit Ben Shapiro, who criticized Obama back in 2009 and is now often critical of Trump.

National Review’s Jim Geraghty wondered the same. “Remember how much we condemned then-senator Barack Obama’s pledge to ‘meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?’ That wasn’t wrong,” Geraghty wrote.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/9/17100880/north-korea-republicans-right-conservatives-obama

--------

So Conservatives and the Right are now ok with the US president meeting with Kim without pre-conditions. Gee what could possibly have changed for the rightwing to change their stance.

Below is Bush Jnr attacking Obama for suggesting he would meet Kim.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...gness-meet-unfriendly-states-article-1.306196

John McCain and Joe Lieberman both criticize Obama for wanting to talk to Kim Jung Un
https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/mccain-on-north-korea/

In a Tuesday opinion article in the Wall Street Journal Asia written with his good friend, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, Mr. McCain took an oblique but sharp swipe at Mr. Obama, who has said he would meet with the leaders of some of the United States’ greatest enemies, including North Korea.

“We must never squander the trust of our allies and the respect for our highest office by promising that the president will embark on an open-ended, unconditional personal negotiation with a dictator responsible for running an international criminal enterprise, a covert nuclear weapons program and a massive system of gulags,’’ Mr. McCain and Mr. Lieberman said in the article.
All before the Trump train came through and upended everything we know about politics and everything we know about how to run the presidency. For Better or Worse.

Regardless of what comes of this (I am hopeful for something good), this can only be seen as a win for Trump.

And yet the line of Trump supporters who would be calling Obama a cuck for the very same thing is quite long.

Although there's probably a montage of left-leaning new doing something similar, no organization on the planet is more two-faced than Fox. I have no idea how anyone can watch that fucking shit. It's so blatant, they just don't give a fuck.

I'm sure some stupid right-wing whack job will defend it though.

I can't believe he's not tied up in any #metoo stuff.

He looks like a creeper if you ask me.

He's literally the only old guard Fox News guy who hasn't been accused of harassment by multiple women.

Maybe he's the one guy there who knows how to pull, or maybe he's just smart enough to pay pros to get his rocks off.

Who knows? It's a crazy world.

He's literally the only old guard Fox News guy who hasn't been accused of harassment by multiple women.

Maybe he's the one guy there who knows how to pull, or maybe he's just smart enough to pay pros to get his rocks off.

Who knows? It's a crazy world.
maybe hes terrified of women

If Trump could fix relations between NK and the world, that would be quite the achievement. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

Back