Trump to economic advisers on rejoining TPP: “Go get it done.”

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Now China was easily the biggest winner of the U.S. not joining, but now Trump is looking to do so because of Chinese tariffs. How do the anti-globalism Trumper’s like this?

But it will be different than TPP because Trump is the world's greatest negotiator and that Obama TPP was a bum deal. Trump pulling out of TPP was a huge gift to China, and now he only wants back in because he realizes that. He was only against the TPP because Obama was for it - period. GOP is the free trade party afterall, and TPP was written in large part by Paul Ryan staffers working with Obama Admin.

TPP took literally years to write since it was an agreement with so many participants and moving parts. I always thought Hillary should have supported it, but Bernie would have probably won the primary if she did. It was a big accomplishment of Obama that she then couldn't defend and run on and thus it looked like everybody agreed it was a bad deal - and since Obama was in the WH, it was his and thus Hillary owned the bad deal anyways.

You cant make this shit up.

Trump is King Joffrey.

It's almost as if there was no strategy in place.

It's almost as if there was no strategy in place.
Who could have possibly predicted this from a clinically narcissistic and delusional septuagenarian con-artist making his first foray into politics, fresh off of reality television?

Who. Could. Have. Possibly. Seen. This. Coming?

Who could have possibly predicted this from a clinically narcissistic and delusional septuagenarian con-artist making his first foray into politics, fresh off of reality television?

It's tricky, bud. I mean, who knew that healthcare could be so complicated?

Nobody, to my knowledge.

Who do you think convince him? The deepest state?

who? who? who?
tenor.gif

But it will be different than TPP because Trump is the world's greatest negotiator and that Obama TPP was a bum deal. Trump pulling out of TPP was a huge gift to China, and now he only wants back in because he realizes that. He was only against the TPP because Obama was for it - period. GOP is the free trade party afterall, and TPP was written in large part by Paul Ryan staffers working with Obama Admin.

TPP took literally years to write since it was an agreement with so many participants and moving parts. I always thought Hillary should have supported it, but Bernie would have probably won the primary if she did. It was a big accomplishment of Obama that she then couldn't defend and run on and thus it looked like everybody agreed it was a bad deal - and since Obama was in the WH, it was his and thus Hillary owned the bad deal anyways.
So Paul Ryan’s staff wrote it, but it was a big accomplishment for Obama and Hillary couldn’t defend it, or Sanders would have won the primary, but she should have supported it because China?

I have yet to see one person, on Sherdog, DC, the NYT, or otherwise, explain how they think TPP hurts China. That is just propaganda.

Trump will keep trolling to be unpredictable, and people that want to believe he's a con-artist will just keep falling for it hook, line, and sinker. It seems to be an endless cycle.

If Trump truly wanted TPP, you would see it through his actions by reversing the executive order he first signed when he got into office; not just through spouting words.

So Paul Ryan’s staff wrote it, but it was a big accomplishment for Obama and Hillary couldn’t defend it, or Sanders would have won the primary, but she should have supported it because China?

I have yet to see one person, on Sherdog, DC, the NYT, or otherwise, explain how they think TPP hurts China. That is just propaganda.
Jack has an explanation for this, I think.

Pres. Trump swore up and down that the TPP was the worst deal ever. Now that China is taking advantage of the void left by the U.S., Pres. Trump is now pleading, for the U.S. to go back in.

We look stupid in the eyes of the world for this.

Alternative thread title - Trump now wants to help special interests Rape America

Donald Trump eviscerated the Trans-Pacific Partnership in a speech, repeatedly calling it “a continuing rape of our country.”

Speaking Tuesday at a campaign rally in St. Clairsville, Ohio, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee made his sharpest remarks yet about the Obama administration’s as-yet unratified trade deal, calling it a “disaster” and a “rape” of the American people.

“The Trans-Pacific Partnership is another disaster done and pushed by special interests who want to rape our country, just a continuing rape of our country,” Trump said. “That’s what it is, too. It’s a harsh word: It’s a rape of our country.”

He then linked the deal to presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, citing her support for it as secretary of state.

“This is done by wealthy people that want to take advantage of us and that want to assign another partnership. So Hillary Clinton, not so long ago, said this was the gold standard of trade pacts,” Trump said. “The gold standard.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-trans-pacific-partnership-224916

Jack has an explanation for this, I think.

Anung is lying about Ryan's staff writing the TPP (previously he was dishonestly insisting that corporations wrote it--apparently, he's willing to claim that anyone wrote it except the people who actually did, which tells you something about what kind of person he is and what he thinks works best as propaganda here). It also wasn't designed to hurt China. It was designed to have the U.S. rather than China play a leadership role in coordinating the region, though.

Anung is lying about Ryan's staff writing the TPP (previously he was dishonestly insisting that corporations wrote it--apparently, he's willing to claim that anyone wrote it except the people who actually did, which tells you something about what kind of person he is and what he thinks works best as propaganda here). It also wasn't designed to hurt China. It was designed to have the U.S. rather than China play a leadership role in coordinating the region, though.
He was paraphrasing me with that. My understanding is that Paul Ryan's people worked hand in hand with Obama Admin, and business community and other interest advocates in working through TPP to get the final agreement. It was a very non-partisan bill in that regard.

Back