Trump to cut defense and other jobs

cincymma79

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Trump's push to cut federal jobs has modest impact, mostly in defense - Reuters https://apple.news/A7YWSMPo9TnC7uF2g97Sb-A

This is racist and clearly the worst thing anyone has ever done. As soon as I read this I knew these jobs I’d never heard of were the most important jobs in the government and we’ll die without them. Just another way the president is trying to MAGA us. I hope you’re all tired of winning

large.png

Hard to approve or disapprove without knowing which kind of jobs. There are civilian contractors in intelligence such as linguists who do the exact same work as military personnel. The contractors are often somewhat better linguists because they're more experienced, but I wouldn't be averse to those sorts of jobs being cut and aimed at career military.

Trump's push to cut federal jobs has modest impact, mostly in defense - Reuters https://apple.news/A7YWSMPo9TnC7uF2g97Sb-A

This is racist and clearly the worst thing anyone has ever done. As soon as I read this I knew these jobs I’d never heard of were the most important jobs in the government and we’ll die without them. Just another way the president is trying to MAGA us. I hope you’re all tired of winning

where is he cutting from exactly? He should shift a nice chunk to nasa since he signed that space ordeal. He could close down a few bases as well, and really get more money...

honestly the net neutrality is the thing that pisses me off right now

The U.S. hires a shitload of mercenaries (private contractors) anyways, so I suppose Trump is taking it a step further by firing our own operatives in order to evade the benefits to them and their families.

The U.S. hires a shitload of mercenaries (private contractors) anyways, so I suppose Trump is taking it a step further by firing our own operatives in order to evade the benefits to them and their families.

they're more expensive

they're more expensive

Wage wise for sure, but not in terms of benefits (paid education, healthcare, life insurance, housing, and the extension of all those to family members)

Wage wise for sure, but not in terms of benefits (paid education, healthcare, life insurance, housing, and the extension of all those to family members)

But, regardless its a good place to cut as well as closing bases. That money needs to be moved to more promising areas.

Last edited:
But, regardless its a good place to cut as long as closing bases. That money needs to be moved to more promising areas.

Completely agree. The U.S. military needs to be downsized and modernized accordingly.

Not much information on what where and how so you cant tell if its good or bad.

Completely agree. The U.S. military needs to be downsized and modernized accordingly.

i think we do need a big military budget, hell im all for it considering our geological position on the globe. But its efficiency that we lack, an i think cuts are needed

As someone who works for the government I can tell you for a fact that the swamp needs to be drained. Your tax dollars are being wasted on useless things.

i think we do need a big military budget, hell im all for it considering our geological position on the globe. But its efficiency that we lack, an i think cuts are needed

Yes, but until when? Do you not think it inevitable for there to be a planetary force that is held accountable by planetary leaders instead of just one national sovereign? If you want to talk about efficiency, isn't it highly inefficient that the technologies and knowledges of the human species are not cooperatively shared and used?

Can we have a list of problems you have with cutting defense staff

I want defense staff cut... I also want the entire military budged slashed A LOT. Doesn't change the fact you are a shit poster, shit thread starter and shit replier.

The thread may have been a decent one but all the nonsense you post while editorializing makes it a shit thread.

half the DoD civilian staff can be cut and it'd be fine

and that's not hyperbole

Back