Trump threatens to cut funding to 3 countries if their citizens enter the U.S. illegally

glenwo2

Adamantium Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

President Trump has warned three Central American countries that if they allow anyone to pass through their country to enter the U.S. illegally that America will cease all foreign aid payments to them.

In two tweets late Tuesday, Trump said that Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador have been put on alert that "all payments made to them will STOP (END)!" if the countries allow people passage on their way to the U.S.-Mexico border with the intention to enter the country illegally.

Mexico mobilized hundreds of their federal officers to their southern border to prevent the passage of a 2,000-person caravan from Honduras that had plans to travel through Mexico to the U.S.

In a follow-up tweet, Trump said :

President Trump specifically mentioned those three countries, leaving it unclear if Mexico had received the same threat.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...to-3-countries-if-citizens-enter-us-illegally

<escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99>

At first I did not know what he meant by STOP. Then I saw that he clarified, by adding (END).

Mexico is sending troops to their southern border also.

This is why I voted Trump. Time to stop the bleeding

Im pretty sure none of these countries have the authority to detain citizens just for participating in said group.

Im pretty sure none of these countries have the authority to detain citizens just for participating in said group.

Do they have the right to protect their borders/deny entry?

Can’t even see the left defend this. This is literally an invasion.

I prefer a president who supports Americans not Illegals, Immigrants and Drug Lords or Gun Runners

Do they have the right to protect their borders/deny entry?

Yes, but if they claim they are refugees the legislation may force them to provide them with humanitarian visas.

I agree with his stance, I just wish he didn't use Twitter for this, always trying to score points as if the election didn't end two years ago.

Doing this behind closed doors is fine. That's diplomacy. But when you're always publicly disrespecting people, you diminish America's most valuable currency: trust.

Could you imagine if your friend was throwing a party and instead of privately saying, "Hey man, don't bring your wife, she bums everyone out," he sent out an invitation to all party guests that said "Hey everyone, come to my party! Ryan, don't bring your bitch wife or I'm not opening the door!"?

He's not the only president in the world. Other leaders have to look strong and capable to their people, too. If we keep trying to make everyone look like America's bitch, they will start electing people who are hostile toward America.

Yes, but if they claim they are refugees the legislation may force them to provide them with humanitarian visas.
They're not refugees, they're economic migrants.

When $ speak, leaders usually listen.

This is how it fucking should be. The way to really end poverty is for these 3rd world countries to fix THEIR economy. Not flee. I am all for this. Lets help them build their economy.

Honestly Trump should both cut funding and use that funding for more ICE agents and border patrol.

America should pay Central America a shitload of money for fucking it up in the first place.

Back