Trump: "The Germans are very bad. Look at the millions of cars they sell"

When Germany sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that build lots of cars, and they're bringing those cars with them. They're bringing beer. They're bringing wurstels. They're evil. And some, I assume, are good people.

'Fies' oder 'Gemein'.

So you doubt this story? In the end it is semantics whether he said 'bad', 'mean' or 'evil'. It is equally stupid.
i don't trust the spiegel a word. we need real proof.
it's basically an exaggeration of the writer at this point.

'Fies' oder 'Gemein'.

So you doubt this story? In the end it is semantics whether he said 'bad', 'mean' or 'evil'. It is equally stupid.

You are just saying that because you want to continue dumping your evil cars on the world and being all round evil.

I love my German car so I am on board

So why did Trump say that? What is his point?

My dad every once in a while tells the story about how more Americans died in VW Beetles than in WW2. He calls them Hitler's revenge.

I never really verified if the story was true or not.

My dad every once in a while tells the story about how more Americans died in VW Beetles than in WW2. He calls them Hitler's revenge.

Not Hitlers fault that Americans are too dumb to drive

Seriously though, LMAO at that Trump quote. I liked him better than Hillary but the dude is batshit insane...

I haven't looked into anything abut this quote, but his praise for his German ancestry feels pretty hollow when he even wrote a book saying that he hails from Sweden.

check it out, and judge for yourself:

Between BMW, Volkswagen and Daimler AG those Germans employ at least 30,000 Americans to build vehicles in the US.

Trump needs to put an end to that right now!

Don't forget they own Annheuser Busch too.

Look up how many people died in Chevy cavaliers

Trump at the EU according to Der Spiegel: "Germany is evil. Very evil. Look at the millions of cars they are selling. We are gonna stop that."

German source:

http://m.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/a-1149282.html
This is way too silly, even for Trump. My guess is he was making reference to the trade deals and not simply "selling cars," the quote was cherry picked, and the "evil" thing was lost in translation.

Is there a video?

This is way too silly, even for Trump. My guess is he was making reference to the trade deals and not simply "selling cars," the quote was cherry picked, and the "evil" thing was lost in translation.

Is there a video?

No video. And as stated above, it is possible he said 'bad' instead of evil.

And yes, of course Trump was referring to the trade deals here. Germany is the biggest exporter in the EU and cars are the most important product.

Trump still wants to negotiate trade deals with individual countries. That is not going to happen, though.

No video. And as stated above, it is possible he said 'bad' instead of evil.

And yes, of course Trump was referring to the trade deals here. Germany is the biggest exporter in the EU and cars are the most important product.

Trump still wants to negotiate trade deals with individual countries. That is not going to happen, though.
Yeah, just seems like a really odd one and off comment, even from Trump.

I'm rarely surprised anymore, though.

German cars are known to pollute the environment. Perhaps this is Trump's way of addressing climate change concerns.

http://www.businessinsider.com/volkswagen-scandal-bad-for-environment-2015-9?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

As usual, the Donald is right on point here.

I don't think that's a particularly good guess, seeing how Trump wants to make the less than environmentally friendly, and outdated, coal industry stronger again. Not to mention that he wants to disregard the environmental treaties the US has made. Saying that he's on point on environmental issues is pretty laughable imo.

check it out, and judge for yourself:

Doesn't really matter what he says since he's only saying it after he was called out on lying about his roots. I wouldn't be interested in hearing praise about me from someone that first spat in my face.

I am getting the feeling that Trump doesn't fully understand how the supply chain for car manufacturers work.
And how many jobs in the US are involved in making German cars in the US.

He seems to think all German cars are made in downtown Munich completely.
Put on a ship sold in the US and every $ goes back to Germany.

Back