Trump Team Had Contact With Russian Officials

Nope, you're being willfully ignorant in the face of overwhelming support and incredibly rare bipartisan agreement within our government.

You should really check out this hearing I posted that details Russian active measures during the election and historically.

I don't deny they tried to influence the election. I just find it comical that those actions equate to hacking the election to you.

Do you care about the integrity of English elections? Do you mind Russia interfering in those? It's not that hard to see where someone else is coming from man.

Do you have an example?

The Shah of Iran, Guatamala, Syria('49)Indonsia, Congo...I can do this all day, bro. And that's before we get to the CIA's frankly embarassing multiple attempts to assassinate Fidel:)

The Shah of Iran, Guatamala, Syria('49)Indonsia, Congo...I can do this all day, bro. And that's before we get to the CIA's frankly embarassing multiple attempts to assassinate Fidel:)
I know you can, I am not denying the US does this (guess you didn't read the last post carefully enough).

The common thread in there? Terrible, corrupt governments that are not democracies and the people of those countries stand to suffer under the wrong leadership. You're not making the case against the US as benevolent forces trying to spread democracy.

Again, we don't always get it right but we aren't looking to influence England's election, for example.

I know you can, I am not denying the US does this (guess you didn't read the last post carefully enough).

The common thread in there? Terrible, corrupt governments that are not democracies and the people of those countries stand to suffer under the wrong leadership. You're not making the case against the US as benevolent forces trying to spread democracy.

Again, we don't always get it right but we aren't looking to influence England's election, for example.

For God's sake - do you really think the Shah had the Iranian people's best interest at heart? Cuba was practically owned by the Mafia until Castro marched into Havana. Yes, of course, Fidel wasn't a nice guy. But that doesn't give the USA any moral right to try to kill him with exploding cigars.

You can't use the lack of democracy of other countries as an excuse to meddle in their elections - and in some cases kill or attempt to kill their leaders - unless you are doing so in order to improve the lives of the people who live there. But you didn't give a fuck what the local warlord did to his people so long as his actions benefited America.

I'm not criticisng you for this; it's the Great Game, and every powerful nation plays it. But it also means you can't complain when it's done to you.

Hate the Game, not the Playa;)

For God's sake - do you really think the Shah had the Iranian people's best interest at heart? Cuba was practically owned by the Mafia until Castro marched into Havana. Yes, of course, Fidel wasn't a nice guy. But that doesn't give the USA any moral right to try to kill him with exploding cigars.

You can't use the lack of democracy of other countries as an excuse to meddle in their elections - and in some cases kill or attempt to kill their leaders - unless you are doing so in order to improve the lives of the people who live there. But you didn't give a fuck what the local warlord did to his people so long as his actions benefited America.

I'm not criticisng you for this; it's the Great Game, and every powerful nation plays it. But it also means you can't complain when it's done to you.

Hate the Game, not the Playa;)
Again, I've already said we don't always get it right and sometimes we get it really wrong, so I am not going to argue individual cases (I already conceded the point). But I think intentions matter a lot. Russia is interested in expanding it's power and weakening ours. We, at least in most cases, try to get the best result for the people living there. Shit, part of our mistake in moving Saddam was to improve the lives of the Iraqi people (that and the WOMD blunder) which made their lives worse.

I think it's crazy of you to say "hate the game not the playa" when one playa wants peace and democracy and the other wants power and has a disregard for others. Please don't try to argue that every country, or "playas" have equally good intentions. I think that is the key thing you're missing.

if what the Russians did was 'brazen'....

then what do we call what the vast majority of the MSM, particularly CNN was doing all election cycle? You can't give out literal debate questions to one side and then act astonished that someone else dimes you out for this

Again, I've already said we don't always get it right and sometimes we get it really wrong, so I am not going to argue individual cases (I already conceded the point). But I think intentions matter a lot. Russia is interested in expanding it's power and weakening ours. We, at least in most cases, try to get the best result for the people living there. Shit, part of our mistake in moving Saddam was to improve the lives of the Iraqi people (that and the WOMD blunder) which made their lives worse.

I think it's crazy of you to say "hate the game not the playa" when one playa wants peace and democracy and the other wants power and has a disregard for others. Please don't try to argue that every country, or "playas" have equally good intentions. I think that is the key thing you're missing.

Remind me again; what's the road to Hell paved with?

I don't deny they tried to influence the election. I just find it comical that those actions equate to hacking the election to you.
Especially since he doesn't care about all the meddling we've done in foreign elections for decades.

So in conclusion Russia did not hack the election. ... which was the exact point of my first post in here. Trump won legitimately.

Washington (CNN)Former CIA Director John Brennan told House Russia investigators Tuesday that Russia "brazenly interfered" in US elections, including actively contacting members of the President Donald Trump's campaign -- but he stopped shy of dubbing it "collusion."

"I saw interaction that in my mind raised questions of whether it was collusion," Brennan told Rep. Trey Gowdy, saying that he supported the FBI digging further. "It was necessary to pull threads."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/politics/john-brennan-house-intelligence-committee/index.html

Things are starting to really heat up. The ex-CIA chief contacted Russia and told them to back off. I hope people can start to try to appraise this situation critically, and remove their partisan blinders. I'm looking at you, Trump Humpers.

hNJA5iG.jpg

Your ancestors were likely criminals, and it shows in your intelligence level if that's what you got out of the hearing. At least you're capable of typing words. Congrats on that.

Well if you can't defend your argument then ad hominem is the next best thing I guess good job showing everyone how much nothing you got champ

What is the equivalency you think exists here?

If you guys are gonna keep doing "yeah, but what about" you need better than this and the nonsense Clinton/Uranium story.

Back