Trump tax cut apparently puts over 600k Canadian jobs at risk

Could care less about this 3rd world country.

Come talk to us when you need fresh water or reliable oil reserves.

We needs us a US-Canada co-prosparity sphere or something.

Fuck Justin and Trump equally. Both are jerks.

Luckily for us, we have a president that puts the US first.
I'm supposed to give a shit aboot Canada's job market?
The solution is clear: import more of the third world.

Tax cuts are being paid off with debt, but thats ok.

You can semantically declare a hollow victory if you want. Par for the course.

In practical terms our taxes were raised on an already strained populace and a lot of money was wasted. The economy was devastated and stayed that way until now, which was a record long-ass time for an economy that bad

Semantics?

You're just wrong.

There was no tax increases in the stimulus it was just rebates, credits,(tax CUTS) and loans.

The complete opposite of your claim.

i mean a populist, America first guy was elected for a reason....just saying

The fact more Presidents haven't questioned say all the can countries not contributing their fair share to NATO among other things is kinda astonishing really

I'm Canadian and have no ill will towards Trump for that. His job is to look after American interests, Trudeau's job is to look after Canadian interests.

One seems to do their job better than the other. Trudeau is too concerned about LGBT parades, bullying old ladies and nuthugging anyone who isn't a Canadian citizen.

There are people who now believe that Canada did more economic harm to US workers via NAFTA than Mexico.

That's the power of cults and cult leaders.

i mean a populist, America first guy was elected for a reason....just saying

The fact more Presidents haven't questioned say all the can countries not contributing their fair share to NATO among other things is kinda astonishing really

You mean like Obama? Who not only questioned them but got them all to agree to spending increases?

You can semantically declare a hollow victory if you want. Par for the course.

In practical terms our taxes were raised on an already strained populace and a lot of money was wasted. The economy was devastated and stayed that way until now, which was a record long-ass time for an economy that bad

None of that is even remotely accurate from either the standpoint of a tax increase you've made up nor our economy not recovering until this point. Nor is you're previous assertion that this led to the Great Recession even remotely accurate since it occured after that point.

This didn't happen that long ago, it's hard to remedy you completely forgetting what occured less then a decade ago.

Come talk to us when you need fresh water or reliable oil reserves.

We needs us a US-Canada co-prosparity sphere or something.

Fuck Justin and Trump equally. Both are jerks.

the last co-prosperity sphere wasn't exactly a gleaming beacon of success

'agree' hahahahahahaha

how many meet that minimum threshold now?

you tried

Considering they set a target for 2025... and many countries have already outlined their planned spending increases..

Considering they set a target for 2025... and many countries have already outlined their planned spending increases..
It's a requirement to even be in NATO my dude, since 06

continuing to let whole countries mooch off us isn't addressing the issue, that's now how reality works.

It's a requirement to even be in NATO my dude

continuing to let whole countries mooch off us isn't addressing the issue, that's now how reality works.

Yeah.. and Obama criticized them for it multiple times for their failure and got them all to agree to up their spending by 2025.

Isn't that what you wanted?

George Bush did the same, except didn't get an agreement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/1...for-more-defense-spending-at-nato-summit.html

Stop making pretend Trump invented criticizing our NATO allies spending. It's just not true.

Democrats did.
{<jordan}

Seano said that no one cried for America when jobs left, meaning we should not cry about Canadian jobs leaving Canada. My point is that America made a conscious decision to allow American jobs to leave the country. In other words, Canada had nothing to do with it so his point was meaningless.
It has a pretty clear meaning.

{<jordan}

It has a pretty clear meaning.
It makes no sense to think that way. American businesses decided to move jobs to other countries so of course no one should cry for us. But how does that validate policy?

Could care less about this 3rd world country.
Tu7j203.gif

You can choose to see as a victory for "Americans" but really it's all about the US selling out to corporations. There won't be any effect on the quality of life of the workers, except maybe a negative one. Trump is basically taking out a loan via the lowering of taxes, increasing the debt, then is like "Look, we've made so much money! The economy is amazing!" No, that's your loan money dummy, and it'll take over a decade of consistent growth to pay that back.

Huh, one day later and we're all still proceeding as though 600,000 Canadian jobs and nearly 5% of our GDP are actually done for.

Interesting.

Back