Trump taps McMaster for National Security Advisor

A name like "McMaster" has all kinds of potential imo
Solid choice.

Why does Trump bother with advisors? If they disagree with him he just fires them. He doesn't seem able to take advice.

Flynn was a good pick and is a good guy shame he was forced out.

Seems to be a big step up from Flynn and much better than picking John Bolton

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/us/politics/mcmaster-national-security-adviser-trump.html?_r=0

image.gif

I have a friend that served with him and said he was a stand up guy and a hard charger.

This seems like a decent choice. Makes me wonder why we ended up with people like Devos and Carson unless Trump actually wants to shit up those departments.

This seems like a decent choice. Makes me wonder why we ended up with people like Devos and Carson unless Trump actually wants to shit up those departments.

Well if you look at the Labor secretary it seems that he does better on the 2nd chance.

Also despite Flynn's Russian ties if you look at him, Mattis and McMaster he seems to at least want technically capable people when it comes to the military.

We still have to see how much influence he ends up having.

My dad is an ultra lib but he served with McMaster and has nothing but positive things to say about him. Anecdotal? Yes. Meaningful? Maybe.

Wrote a book about how we were lied into war in Vietnam, and calls the MIC the single greatest threat to this country.

We will see what his actions say, but if I judge this book by it's cover, I approve of this pick.

Back