Trump staffers can't get laid, complain to the media

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/03/05/why-its-hard-for-conservatives-to-date-in-dc-right-now/

“A lot of times you’ll connect with someone [on an app] and they’ll Google you, find out you worked for Trump’s campaign, and then it’s pretty much all downhill from there,” says a Trump Administration official.

People who work in right-wing media say they don’t have it any better.

“The political divide has gotten so wide that a lot of younger liberals don’t have any interest in meeting conservatives,” says a reporter at a conservative media company. Working for a right-wing publication is such an obstacle to dating in DC, he doesn’t put his employer on any dating apps and avoids talking about it until meeting someone face-to-face, he says.

“The policies and these things that are attached to the right whether or not you’re a supporter of Trump have been pre-supposed on you, and it’s like a black mark,” says another reporter at the same outlet, who describes himself as a moderate conservative.

He once brought a woman back to his place, and while checking out his bookshelf, she noticed some books by conservative thinkers, he says. “She was like, ‘Oh no. First question: Did you vote for Trump?’,” the reporter says. He told her no, but that he was conservative. “She was like ‘I have to get out of here. I can’t see you,’ and left.”

While Republicans say the line between textbook conservatism and Trumpism is blurred frequently, most Democrats I spoke with say they can distinguish a difference between those in favor of the administration and Never Trump-ers.

“If you’re dating someone and they say ‘I think we should have lower marginal tax rates,’ that’s different than dating someone who doesn’t think a woman should have a right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy,” says a single woman at a progressive nonprofit. “There’s a spectrum there.”

Most of the self-identifying progressives I talked with said they could tell how far right a man or woman leaned based on their dating-app photos—”Make America Great Again” hats are an obvious tell, but some also listed photos of US flag paraphernalia, hunting gear, or fratty beach parties as turn-offs.

Conversely, a young White House staffer says she typically looks for someone from the South when swiping through profiles, as she thinks they’ll be more receptive to her support of the President. She swipes left on anyone who went to a small, liberal-arts college or has a photo “wearing one of those pink hats on their heads” at the Women’s March, she says, as she thinks they wouldn’t be compatible.

But sometimes you just can’t tell until you encounter a subject in the wild.

When she first moved to DC, a former Obama White House staffer who now works at the Aspen Institute was set up on a date with a Republican who worked on Capitol Hill. “We had a really nice time, but at the end of the date, he told me he didn’t believe in global warming,” she says. “I started laughing, because I’m from Colorado and didn’t realize people actually didn’t believe in global warming. But he was serious.”

They didn’t go out again.

Sounds like these women don't know how wonderful woke gentlemen are. Why don't they understand??? So unfair.

He once brought a woman back to his place, and while checking out his bookshelf, she noticed some books by conservative thinkers, he says. “She was like, ‘Oh no. First question: Did you vote for Trump?’,” the reporter says. He told her no, but that he was conservative. “She was like ‘I have to get out of here. I can’t see you,’ and left.”

images

<36>

edit, sounds like a mayberry thread.

Last edited:
Maybe talk to older, more mature women instead of young college girls?

Probably get a better reception to being a Republican

Pursue a relationship with someone you're compatable with instead of just chasing tail? Family values and all that after all....

Probably has more to do with how ugly they are.

lol but I do feel bad for them. I could see where that would be a problem with how divisive the country is right now.

People will think you are scum just because you think slightly different than them.

https://trump.dating/

Find The America First Partner Of Your Dreams
Dating in 2018 is more of a challenge than ever before, thanks in part to today's polarizing political landscape. While searching for a potential partner on other dating sites, it's not uncommon to see messages like No Trump supporters or Proud liberal. We're wrecking the dating game and giving like-minded Americans a chance to meet without the awkwardness that comes with the first conversation about politics. Wouldn't it be refreshing to already know that your date roots for the same team?

When Political Foundation Is The Same, The Sky Is The Limit
We believe that by matching patriotic and political viewpoints as a base foundation of the relationship, it will allow one to focus on what really matters -- conversation, commonalities, and if all goes well, courting. Being with someone who shares the same core standards is absolutely essential if you're truly searching for a real, life-changing relationship and we have a feeling that if you're on this site, that's exactly what you're looking for. So, what are you waiting for?

Brainwashed and too scared to leave their echo chambers to have a meaningful debate

Anti Trump women I picture half a dyke, dyed hair, and over weight.

At the prep school by me who are all Trump supporters, that is some high class trim.

Plenty 'o' mid-Western meat muffins to go around; what's the hold-up?

I've recently joined a couple of dating apps. A lot of the mid 20s profiles say stuff like "if you're not liberal don't even try". Once you get into the late 20s early 30s they don't say that anymore.

At the prep school by me who are all Trump supporters, that is some high class trim.

Preparatory school or prep school may refer to: a high or secondary school, either private or public, designed to prepare students aged 14–18 for higher education at a university
<SelenaWow>

Last edited:
I've recently joined a couple of dating apps. A lot of the mid 20s profiles say stuff like "if you're not liberal don't even try". Once you get into the late 20s early 30s they don't say that anymore.

Makes a lot of sense - once they start to mature they start to understand things a bit better, eh?

No offense to anyone who uses dating apps but... I think lower of anyone who uses those things. They are weird and creepy and loserish. Jokes probably on me though.

Holy shit and you try to say I'm creepy.

<Dany07>

No offense to anyone who uses dating apps but... I think lower of anyone who uses those things. They are weird and creepy and loserish. Jokes probably on me though.
That's what I used to think too, but its pretty much the status quo these days. Personally I like bumble because the girl has to message first so they don't feel harassed by 100 guys a day. Some quality women on there so far.

Not sure where you are, but I still saw that on tinder last year for people in the 27-31 range. (haven't used it recently). Now, it's less common, but that's true for a lot of politically partisan dating profiles - I also saw fewer comparable conservative profiles. I think it's just that older people have a broader perspective, and more nonpolitical stuff to identify around.

Of course there are some fat green haired antifa freaks.

On the other hand there also a few of these...
"Hi good morning I despise Donald Trump with all my guts, and his speech last night only confirmed what a pathetic, petulant, dishonest pig he is, and you may now proceed to tell me why I'm an old, ugly, wretched communist and I will give precisely zero fucks."
owwow.gif

Back