Trump signs executive order rolling back Obama-era energy regs

China is the forefront of clean coal tech, and its best plants are like 30% better than older plants.
The best advantage is the lower amount of coal burned for each unit of energy. They change little.

Storage doesn't work, maybe some day but right now nup.

As to the 50 year coal fires, its obviously not fast burning, yet we are tapping coal reserves much quicker and all that gets burnt. I would guess with complete confidence that coal mines outnumber decade lasting coal fires by a significant margin.

As to trees, combined its estimated there are 638 Gigatons, (638,000,000,000 tonnes) or carbon stored in trees.
Fossil Fuels have 2,795 Gigatons in proven fossil fuel reserves.

So if just burn the fossil which we have found, explored, and we are 90% sure we can viably extract, its the equivelent of burning every tree on earth about 4.5 times.

Idk much about this, but I mean the people who think its good are at least backing their shit up with sources saying so. The rest of you clowns seem to just be pulling shit out of your ass as to why this is bad

So you meant bad instead of good.

The people saying coal is good are saying its the incumbent energy source, they say nothing about its long term viability.

This is the best sentence I've read in a long time.

Perfectly put.

The same idea applies to "bringing back manufacturing jobs." No we're fucking not. Not in any appreciable number. That ship has sailed.

If people could just get this through their thick skulls it would solve soooo many problems.

No it doesn't. It means a temporary band-aid for a few folks and a publicity tour for the POTUS.

Thanks.

Its so simple and proven.

This will be remembered as not the time America fucked the planet but the time America hobbled its own energy advantage.

Even fucking Exxon thinks the Paris Climate Agreement is good.

Someone please put a bullet it that mans head.
He needs to disappear fast, he is a total waste of space and nothing else, just get rid of him.
thin ice you're standing on dip

someones got to save California, record snowfall and drought breaking rain

It is not cheaper! The infrastructure buildout would bankrupt us. I prefer facts over energy ideology.

cornerstone-1.jpg

Coal is the backbone of global electricity generation Source: IEA
These are not my words. Just the reality here. That's all.

Looks to me like that graphic was created about 7 years ago and includes a hell of a lot of forecasting assumption.

I thought we were taking about coal and some were nervous that more plants would open. But it fact there are natural coal fires burning more then coal plants can

Canyou source that.

Canyou source that.

Source what. Natural coal fires that have been burning for over 50 years?

Don't remember name of town but in Pennsylvania huge coal deposits are found the size of cities.
One of those coal sites caught fire and have been burning underground for years.
The entire town had to relocate because the burning coal deposits underneath them were cooking them on the surface.
Smoke pours out of cracks in the ground. Cracks in the road, through sewers and drains.

It's a big tourist attraction, some people call it a real silent Hill town.
Completely abandoned with smoke rising up out of the ground everywhere.

I'll look for a YouTube video

You don't make a big oil CEO Your security of state and care about the environment at the same time.

Doesn't happen

Source what. Natural coal fires that have been burning for over 50 years?

Don't remember name of town but in Pennsylvania huge coal deposits are found the size of cities.
One of those coal sites caught fire and have been burning underground for years.
The entire town had to relocate because the burning coal deposits underneath them were cooking them on the surface.
Smoke pours out of cracks in the ground. Cracks in the road, through sewers and drains.

It's a big tourist attraction, some people call it a real silent Hill town.
Completely abandoned with smoke rising up out of the ground everywhere.

I'll look for a YouTube video

Oh i know they exist, i was asking about "but it fact there are natural coal fires burning more then coal plants can".

Oh i know they exist, i was asking about "but it fact there are natural coal fires burning more then coal plants can".

Lol, something burning 27/7 the size of a town burns more then a coal plant.
Other counties have even worse fires.

he keeps rolling back important bills just because "obama"

he rolled bakc fucking internet privacy which royally pisses me

Idk much about this, but I mean the people who think its good are at least backing their shit up with sources saying so. The rest of you clowns seem to just be pulling shit out of your ass as to why this is bad

Are we reading the same thread? You must like the graphs from the coal companies.

Lol, something burning 27/7 the size of a town burns more then a coal plant.
Other counties have even worse fires.

So i looked it up.

Coal accounts for 44% of global co2 emissions.
Coal seam fires account for 3%.

Its a nice distraction but its merely a distraction.

I guess these environmentalists would rather people go without electricity. I'll be the first to ask......Will you lead by example?

live_better.jpg

Coal is here to stay. Your denial doesn't work!

Thought I'd mention my home and office run on renewables.

So yes i have led by example.

Back